PDA

View Full Version : Interesting idea for Mania...

Xero
01-30-2007, 11:17 AM
Yeah, I'm about to go Alienoid on your asses. Keep in mind that one set-up match from the Rumble would not happen.

Okay, this is assuming that Undertaker is retiring right after Mania. Otherwise it's not really worth it (because this won't put anyone who absolutely needs to be established over). But I was thinking that Undertaker shouldn't actually choose who he picks for a while. Just have him randomly show up in segments with each of the champions. In the meantime, Kane begins a feud with Batista. To get around explaining why he didn't go after Booker, have Booker be sent to RAW for a few months.

Anyway, at No Way Out, Kane wins the World Heavyweight Championship from Batista and the PPV ends with Undertaker officially announcing that he wants to face Kane at Mania. They feud, this time basically reversing the original Kane/Undertaker storyline where Kane doesn't want to fight Undertaker (It will obviously be for different reasons, but this would turn Kane). Eventually Kane agrees only if it's Career vs. Title. Undertaker agrees and Kane wins the main event.

After that King Booker comes back and feuds with Kane.

I personally think that this is the best route of ending Taker's career and streak if he were to retire this year.

Volare
01-30-2007, 12:00 PM
I can see Kane being the one who ends the streak...but of course WWE wants to use this to build up the persona of whoever does it.

Plus Cena is 2 in a row at winning/defending the Title...so it's a hard decision for Creative...either have it go out with a bang...or shit on it completely.

I wonder being how GENIUS creative is right now, what they're gonna pick.

Jordan
01-30-2007, 01:58 PM
I think its a good idea, but I really don't think taker is in any need to retire. I think he will take the title from Batista at WM.

El Fangel
01-30-2007, 02:32 PM
I think that Taker is going to retire, why else would they let him win the rumble so late in his career? He is leaving and he wanted to do something that has never been done before. I think this WM is his last, and if he isn't facing Kane whom I believe is the only one that should defeat Taker, His record will be unbroken.

Also XERO very good post, although the Taker idea I would like to add onto, and take away from.

Have Taker lose the title match, then stand in the middle of the ring, with the mic. and say "Now I can Rest In Piece.I have one last wish, Brother, Bury me" Have a mound of dirt with a coffin, and have him walk over get in, , close the coffin door. and have Kane with the title around his waist start covering the coffin while the PPV ends.

This would be so fitting, he's finally defeated and now he can rest in piece, and it was Kane who defeats him and ends his career.

Stickman
01-30-2007, 02:37 PM
I dont' want anybody to beat the Taker at Mania. It should just be one of those things.

El Fangel
01-30-2007, 02:56 PM
I don't want anyone to beat him either, but if it happens I want it to be Kane.

Caged Heat18
01-30-2007, 03:01 PM
I'd rather no one end Undertaker's streak, but if somebody does, I would want it to be a young rising star, who could use the rub. Someone like Kennedy, and it would have made sense this year, to conclude their feud.

NeanderCarl
01-30-2007, 03:02 PM
Why does everyone want Kane to end the streak? The matches between the two have been okay at best and dire at worst, they have already faced each other twice at WrestleMania and when Undertaker retires, Kane won't be far behind him. It makes no sense yet it seems as though 75% of posters on here want Kane to end the streak. I'm baffled.

Inadequacy
01-30-2007, 03:07 PM
I'm torn, I either never want it to end, have Kane end it, or some new guy who could use it.

I mean, Kane has the most "history" with the Undertaker, and I really like Fallen A.'s idea of "now that I've lost at Mania I've done everything I possibly can, put me in a ditch" but Undertaker losing at Mania is HUGE, whoever does it is instantly a top heel (I would hope).

This is why I'm afraid of the "Batista ends the streak" rumors, he's too old to use the heat for a long time (same with Kane), there'd only be two-three months of buildup (as opposed to years with Kane), and whats the point in having a face do it (chances are they won't turn 'Tista heel in my opinion)?

I say let Taker win the title and go on some "path of destruction" thing for a year, yes you're all saying "No, someone can't hold a title for a whole year!" but this is just my inner fantasy booker coming out. Eventually have a rookie heel win the Rumble (neither of which has happened since I started watching wrestling), I'll say Kennedy, he had an awesome feud with Taker going into Survivor Series so BAM! history. Anyway Kennedy wins the title (his first) at Wrestlemania 24, interestingly getting the shot the same way Taker did the year before.

There, that or the Xero/angel thing. And that's what I would like to see. (you may begin flaming me...now)

El Fangel
01-30-2007, 03:09 PM
He is the only one that deserves it, both story, and otherwise.
he has always been in Takers shadow, and always known as the little brother, he hasn't had his moment in the spotlight yet, and even still should he retire right after Taker, with his lackluster amount of world title reigns, he would have something no one else has, a win against taker at WM. That way he could go out as being the one who broke Takers legendary streak.

El Fangel
01-30-2007, 03:14 PM
I'm torn, I either never want it to end, have Kane end it, or some new guy who could use it.

I mean, Kane has the most "history" with the Undertaker, and I really like Fallen A.'s idea of "now that I've lost at Mania I've done everything I possibly can, put me in a ditch" but Undertaker losing at Mania is HUGE, whoever does it is instantly a top heel (I would hope).

This is why I'm afraid of the "Batista ends the streak" rumors, he's too old to use the heat for a long time (same with Kane), there'd only be two-three months of buildup (as opposed to years with Kane), and whats the point in having a face do it (chances are they won't turn 'Tista heel in my opinion)?

I say let Taker win the title and go on some "path of destruction" thing for a year, yes you're all saying "No, someone can't hold a title for a whole year!" but this is just my inner fantasy booker coming out. Eventually have a rookie heel win the Rumble (neither of which has happened since I started watching wrestling), I'll say Kennedy, he had an awesome feud with Taker going into Survivor Series so BAM! history. Anyway Kennedy wins the title (his first) at Wrestlemania 24, interestingly getting the shot the same way Taker did the year before.

There, that or the Xero/angel thing. And that's what I would like to see. (you may begin flaming me...now)

Ok that for a new guy, has got to be one of the most well written, and said posts I have read on here. 19 posts and we get this quality? Well done. Although I would much rather Taker go out on top this year not next.

And like I told you when you joined, the only way you will get flamed is

1) U tallk lik dis al da timey
2) You constantly start arguments with no/wrong info
3) Your CanadianCrippla, which your not.

The Naitch
01-30-2007, 03:16 PM
terrible idea, Xero. Terrible

Inadequacy
01-30-2007, 03:23 PM
Ok, ok, I just figured it out! the only person who could possibly do it! UNDERTAKER! Not some bullshit "I pin myself" thing, but Dibiase's Undertaker from Summerslam 94!

Volare
01-30-2007, 03:26 PM
What?

Stickman
01-30-2007, 03:34 PM
There's actually no point in Kane going over at wrestlemania. Nobody remembers their history anyways.

Rammsteinmad
01-30-2007, 03:35 PM
It shoulda been Orton at WM21. :(

El Fangel
01-30-2007, 03:41 PM
It shoulda been Orton at WM21. :(
Far too soon for someone like him, Now Mark Henry should have beaten him, there is someone who needs a huge push....Down a very large deep hole.

Jeritron
01-30-2007, 03:46 PM
I just don't see how they could have "the legend killer" Orton not go over, and now allow someone to take the streak. I certainly do not want Batista or John Cena.
Edge would be the only forgiveable choice IMO. Kane's worthy of getting the nod, but I think that ship sailed. They've buried the shit out of him and tainted his character, and at this point it's no longer a good move. Edge or nothing.

Stickman
01-30-2007, 03:47 PM
I wouldnt' be surprised if Cena beats him via STFU

Jeritron
01-30-2007, 03:49 PM
Has Undertaker ever tapped? Not that I know of, so I'm assuming he definitely hasn't.

Stickman
01-30-2007, 03:50 PM
If he did I would guess to the sharpshooter.

Xero
01-30-2007, 03:51 PM
Yeah, the Orton ship has sailed. If he was going to do it, it should have been when he had the (real) Legend Killer gimmick going.

If Taker weren't to go out this year, Edge would be the perfect one to take the streak. If he continues his streak, I think he would be the BEST one to go over Taker push-wise. As I said, Kane wouldn't get over much more because he is over. Edge, though, can establish himself as the new WWE cornerstone. That would basically cement him as the lead heel for the next three or so years.

El Fangel
01-30-2007, 04:00 PM
Has Undertaker ever tapped? Not that I know of, so I'm assuming he definitely hasn't.
yes and no, he was in a match against Angle where he was being leg lock chokes, and he pinned Angle by bending over, and as the 3 count happened he tapped. take your pick, I say no as it was more story then anything and after all the shit I have seen him in, a leg lock choke seems dumb.

Jeritron
01-30-2007, 04:05 PM
Yea, its rare enough that Taker has ever been cleanly pinned. Tapping is non existant

Testicle
01-30-2007, 04:12 PM
Yeah, the Orton ship has sailed. If he was going to do it, it should have been when he had the (real) Legend Killer gimmick going.

If Taker weren't to go out this year, Edge would be the perfect one to take the streak. If he continues his streak, I think he would be the BEST one to go over Taker push-wise. As I said, Kane wouldn't get over much more because he is over. Edge, though, can establish himself as the new WWE cornerstone. That would basically cement him as the lead heel for the next three or so years.

I have been hearing this alot lately, about how edge is or should be the next great heel. Why? I don't see the improvement. He is not a great wrestler by any means. Yes, he is good on the mic, but you need more than that.

12 months ago, every one of you was saying that Edge blows, yet now when he is wrestling the exact same way, you say he is deserving of being the top heel in the company. Maybe it is just because the company has no where else to go, but I just don't see it.

Jeritron
01-30-2007, 04:24 PM
Edge certainly does not blow, and your criticisms come with a grain of salt when your name is Test4Champ. You see him as a potential great heel champion but not Edge...

Corkscrewed
01-30-2007, 04:38 PM
"Now I can Rest In Piece.I have one last wish, Brother, Bury me"

Sorry, but that came off as incredibly corny. :p

Anyway, I too think if he's gonna lose, he has to put over a young person.

I mean, think about this: Cena beats him and turns heel in the process (FINALLY). That would kill two birds in one stone. We've been waiting for this for over a year. Beating the Undertaker would be huge.

Of course, if they do have Cena vs Taker, they'll prolly do the whole "respect" deal after the match, then have Taker sink into the fire (reverse of how he showed up this past RAW).

Stickman
01-30-2007, 05:27 PM
I'm not a big Edge fan either. He'd be a good upper card main event gate keeper.

Mr. Nerfect
01-30-2007, 11:19 PM
Someone should end the streak. It's a fixed sport, it's a huge opportunity missed if they don't.

A young guy getting the win would be great, but let's face it, who is The Undertaker going to put over? He's willing to put over Kane, and the man quite frankly flat-out deserves it. His movie has been a success for the WWE, he has been loyal, and one of the more consistent performers in their history.

On SmackDown!, have Kane beat King Booker with a Chokeslam, earning a shot against Batista for No Way Out. Kane pins Batista to win his first World Heavyweight Championship, and he takes the belt in to Mania to face The Undertaker. I like it. :y:

Anyone who defeats Kane for the World Heavyweight Title will then, in turn, get the credibility of ending a monster's run with the World Heavyweight Title, and beating the guy who ended The Undertaker's streak at WrestleMania.

Kane deserves a long reign with a World Championship at the very least.

Gone Mad
01-30-2007, 11:32 PM
I say he remains undefeated at WM.

They aren't gonna changed the Raw match so Cena can beat him and I doubt Bats will get that victory. What they should do is the next night or the next week, when Taker gives up the belt, he does it in a match against his brother Kane or something of that sort.

NeanderCarl
02-01-2007, 12:13 AM
I really don't think Taker should retire unbeaten. There's a time honoured tradition that on their way out the departing big stars give the rub to the guys who are supposed to fill their boots. Not only is this passing of the torch an age-old tradition but it gives back to the business what you took from it. Taker didn't "win" 14 matches at WrestleMania, they were handed to him in one of the biggest pushes/winning streaks in history.

Defeating UT at WM is MONEY. Handled correctly and with the appropriate prestige, one single match can create a new star. In fact, not meaning to sound melodramatic, it is probably the only win left in the company that truly is a "Superstar-maker".

Okay out of respect for Taker's efforts and loyalty, it would be NICE for him if he retired undefeated at WM. But it would be better for the company if somebody beats him before he leaves. And that somebody should benefit from the win for many years beyond the match. An ageing performer like Kane or Batista just cannot maximize the profits from a victory that is 15 years in the making.

NeanderCarl
02-01-2007, 12:16 AM
Anyway it has only been in the last two or three years that they have even stressed the fact that Undertaker is unbeaten at WrestleMania. Do you think they have been building it up all along, or do you think it just happened by accident and they only realised a few years back?

El Fangel
02-01-2007, 12:16 AM
Not trying to argue, but could you name someone who deserves such an honor as to beat UT at Wrestlemania?

NeanderCarl
02-01-2007, 12:23 AM
Not trying to argue, but could you name someone who deserves such an honor as to beat UT at Wrestlemania?

It isn't about deserving. Did Hulk Hogan "deserve" to beat Andre The Giant at WrestleMania III? Not necessarily but he built upon that epic victory to establish himself as THE mega-star of wrestling.

I'm no Cena fan, but he is in similar territory to Hogan of 1987. Established and successful amongst wrestling fans and known quite well to casual/non viewers. (Admittedly Hogan was bigger then than Cena is now, but stay with me here.) Hogan needed a huge win to catapult him as the undisputed star of wrestling. Cena needs a credible win if he is ever to get over with the male fanbase.

I don't think he deserves it. In fact, I don't think Randy Orton "deserved" a win over Undertaker at Mania 21, but I still think he should have got one. You only prove whether you deserved it or not AFTER the deed is done. It's shit or bust, sink or swim. It would suck to give the UT win to a guy who ends up being worthless (like a Nathan Jones/Brock Lesnar type who WWE have big plans for, but who turns to shite) but it's a risk that MUST be taken.

El Fangel
02-01-2007, 12:29 AM
I see your point, Although Hogan paid his dues in helping build the company to what it had become by the time WMIII rolled around. So in a sense he kind of did deserve a form of recognition for his dedication towards the business.

I don't think Cena should win at all, while it would make him mega-over, it would be thrown in our face way too much that he did it. And he is the unstopable one. While Cena needs something, a heel turn without Taker losing his streak would be better.

And thats another thing Im worried about, who they hand it to, sticking around, and being worth dropping the biggest win, for a younger star, the WWE has ever had.

NeanderCarl
02-01-2007, 12:30 AM
For the record, the guy I'd like to see beat Taker at the moment is Edge in a Streak vs Streak match. However, Edge is also in the latter stages of his career if you are to believe his own vow to retire young (plus he has a fused neck).

Looking at the current roster, a guy who could benefit in the future from the win? Ken Kennedy. Carlito. MVP. Matt Striker. C.M. Punk. Johnny Nitro. Even Rob "I'm Outty" Van Dam.

Not saying any of them are i) ready ii) deserving... but like I said, that is something they prove afterwards.

NeanderCarl
02-01-2007, 12:36 AM
Anyway knowing the WWE when The Undertaker finally loses a match at WrestleMania, the wrestler on the winning end will answer to the name "McMahon". (Or Levesque, but that's the same difference.)

El Fangel
02-01-2007, 12:43 AM
Edge I agree with, streak vs streak would be interesting, and the guys body is tribute to the dues he paid, to get to where he is at, so yes, besides kane, I think he would be the next deserving.

Mr. Nerfect
02-01-2007, 01:00 AM
Kane and Edge aren't so much guys I'd have end the streak as they are guys I think are deserving. If it happened, I wouldn't complain. Better them than Undertaker winning again.

The more I think about it, the more I am satisfied with Cena ending it. Like it or not, he's staying at the top. Like it or not, he's the golden boy the WWE has picked out. I cannot accept him on kayfabe terms as being equal to Stone Cold Steve Austin or Hulk Hogan. If he defeated The Undertaker, I think that would happen.

Does John Cena need it, though? I mean, if you got other guys that have the credibility The Undertaker has, and had them feud with Cena, it arguably accomplishes the same thing. I think The Undertaker defeating Cena (yes, I'd have him move to RAW) for the WWE Championship at WrestleMania is the move I'd make. Cena then goes on a journey to recapture the WWE Championship. If the WWE had balls, he'd go without the belt until around Royal Rumble time, and enter the match. Knowing them he'd probably win, but I think it would be more interesting if he lost, but still challenged for the WWE Title somehow.

I'm not sure how long Taker's got left, but I have a feeling he'll keep going until 2009. It seems a long time, but with months at a time being taken off, and him only doing the occasion appearance when he is involved in a storyline, I think he could make it. Have him defeat John Cena for the WWE Championship this year, and as awful as the match would be, have him beat Hulk Hogan next year ("Can The Undertaker keep his streak alive against Wrestling's Greatest Legend at Wrestling's Greatest Event?"). At WrestleMania 25, have him drop the streak off to a young guy they've built up. Right now, I'd put CM Punk, Kenny Dykstra and Johnny Jeter on the shortlist of guys to do it. In two years time, they will either move up or down, and that will be an indicator of who to give it to. Some more candidates like Daniel Rodimer and Idol Stevens may come up, as well. You never know, but right now I think the best bet is either CM Punk or Kenny Dykstra at WrestleMania 25.

James Steele
02-01-2007, 01:16 AM
Ken Kennedy or Kane should end it.

addy2hotty
02-01-2007, 07:16 AM
Batista will end the streak this year.

NeanderCarl
02-01-2007, 02:05 PM
Batista will end the streak this year.

You're probably right, but I wish you weren't.

As opposed to Kane ending the streak as I am, Batista ending it makes no more sense. Batista is nearly 40 and common sense says that he only has a few good years left in the business. He is not a long term company-carrier. If they are going to have Batista end it, it may as well have been Kane who got the big win.

addy2hotty
02-01-2007, 02:31 PM
You're probably right, but I wish you weren't.

As opposed to Kane ending the streak as I am, Batista ending it makes no more sense. Batista is nearly 40 and common sense says that he only has a few good years left in the business. He is not a long term company-carrier. If they are going to have Batista end it, it may as well have been Kane who got the big win.

You see, I'm all about it being realistic. Orton, Roberts, Nash, Flair, Trips have all failed to beat him at Mania. Who is their currently in the WWE that could beat him at Mania? I hear people say Kennedy - he hasn't had any big wins or huge matches yet. People say *snigger* Punk - the guy is half his size. Punk is no HBK either. During the last two thing at the Rumble, the size difference really between Taker and HBK really hit home.

So who is left? Batista. I see why he's going to be facing him. Sadly, Batista lacks just about everything needed to make the match huge in the run-up. No charisma, no ability on the mic, and I doubt he can even portray being 'afraid'.

For Taker to face Cena would probably end up better than against Batista. Cena would be booed off the face of the planet at the event, and he could use it as a platform to turn heel. He could return to his 'bad' side in an attempt to be good enough to beat the Deadman.

Either way, Taker should win.

Taker's streak should mean as much as a title match to a lot of the card. If he's still around next year, I'd like to see a couple of guys go after the oppotunity to face him. Had Orton not faced him last year, it would have been excellent to see a Rated RKO split based around that oppotunity.

NeanderCarl
02-03-2007, 11:54 AM
This year's WrestleMania is MAKE IT OR BREAK IT for The Undertaker's streak.

Mercury Bullet
02-03-2007, 08:30 PM
Have him defeat John Cena for the WWE Championship this year, and as awful as the match would be, have him beat Hulk Hogan next year ("Can The Undertaker keep his streak alive against Wrestling's Greatest Legend at Wrestling's Greatest Event?").

Okay, after I get done vomiting..................................

That would be quite the shitfest match, but you have a point with what you are setting up. I wouldn't stretch it out over two or three years of wrestling though.

1) Taker beats Cena at this years WM and wins the belt.
2) Defends title vs. Hogan at this years Summerslam.
3) Drops title to Edge shortly afterwards
4) Taker wins next years rumble and announces he is going after WWE Champion Edge at 'Mania. Edge tries to get out of facing him and has the match made into a Title vs. Career Buried Alive match with both of their streaks on the line as well.
5) Edge goes over at next years Mania after a memorable and symbolic spot of putting Taker in the ground.

Its like 5 steps to success.....:shifty: .....well not success but......whatever.

Fignuts
02-03-2007, 08:51 PM
About 10 paragraphs short to be an Aliennoid post.

Jeritron
02-03-2007, 08:53 PM
I didn't catch Basham or Venis in there either.

NeanderCarl
02-03-2007, 09:38 PM
I wouldn't have Undertaker win the Royal Rumble AGAIN next year. I'm still getting over the fact he won it this year. Okay, put him in the main event against Edge for the WWE title, but let somebody else win the Rumble.

And not Doug Basham.

diothoir
02-03-2007, 09:51 PM
Has to be Edge to end the streak if anyone. Then anyone can beat Edge to end his streak as it is more believable than beating Taker.

Jeritron
02-04-2007, 12:42 AM
Edge should, but he won't. We're looking at a situtation where the most likely person to do it, if anyone, is either Cena or Batista.

That's the problem with the manufactured star. I've heard everyone from RVD, to JR, to Triple H talk about it in shoots. Guys like Cena and Orton get these nods, and Lashley and Lesnars. But they're still learning to wrestle and their rise is too soon. A guy like Edge has risen up and is ready to go, but he doesn't get the nod.

Edge should snap the streak if anyone, and Edge should be winning the title and royal rumbles. But we see these situations and honors bestowed upon guys who've only been wrestling for a couple years.

Londoner
02-04-2007, 02:39 AM
I have no problem with cena ending the streak, but why can't Taker just come back next year at WM as a one off and put someone over when they have more wrestlers ready to take the spot? Keep the streak alive for this year, I really can't name anyone that deserving other than Edge, and that's not going to happen.

Xero
02-04-2007, 02:19 PM
I just thought of the perfect way to finish Undertaker's streak. It doesn't matter who beats him, but for the sake of argument let's say Orton. Orton vs. Taker. Taker is just DOMINATING him when suddenly, every wrestler who he beat at Mania, in succession, who is still alive and able to, comes down and beats on Taker. Jake Roberts, Triple H, Bundy, Nash, Sid etc. They each hit their finisher but even they can't do it. Finally, Kane's music hits and he just plants him with five Tombstones and Orton wins.

So it took every wrestler (still living/able) who lost to him to end the streak.

Granted, Orton (or whoever beats him) doesn't get as much credit as he should, but it would still go down as a win and at least a rub.

Jeritron
02-04-2007, 03:08 PM
I think just Kane coming down and costing him it would be enough in that scenario.

Xero
02-04-2007, 03:44 PM
Yeah, but it doesn't send home the fact that it took x amount of men to finally beat him.

Jeritron
02-04-2007, 03:52 PM
Nash would tear his quad on the way down. Sid would break his leg. Jake Roberts would have a relapse.