PDA

View Full Version : Hearing wrestlers talk in-ring

Xero
01-30-2007, 06:09 PM
Not sure if this thread has been done, but I got this idea from the hair thread. What times have you heard wrestlers communicating in-ring? Not "Tap" or "I'm the best"-type chatter, but moves/spots.

during the Royal Rumble Khali started to come towards Michaels and Shawn yelled out as loud as he could "GO AFTER HIM!" pointing to Orton I think.

Also, I remember during a Big Show/Triple H match Triple H yelled "Get up Paul" and he did. It made wrestling not real to me anymore. :'(

Oh, and during last year's One Night Stand the camera was on another angle that night so Angle apparently wasn't used to it and he called multiple spots in clear sight of the camera.

Mr. JL
01-30-2007, 06:12 PM
sometimes I've heard guys mouth hiptoss and I think I've even heard RVD say "move", and then he jumped up and attempted a frog splash and the guy moves out of the way.

The One
01-30-2007, 06:20 PM
Happens all the time. If those are the only times you guys have caught it, I'm amazed.

Xero
01-30-2007, 06:24 PM
The only times I remember that really stick out. I know there are a shit load more. Usually notice at least one a show.

UmbrellaCorporation
01-30-2007, 07:01 PM
The Jeff Hardy thing was pretty gold, IMO.

I forget who it was, but I know it involved Jeff Hardy in some way.

And I wanted to say Rico had one like that too, if it wasn't the same one. Can't really remember.

Xero
01-30-2007, 07:02 PM
Yeah, Survivor Series 2004. It was the opening tag match, I believe a Tables match. Rico was on the top rope for a spot for like 10 seconds and finally yelled "JEFF, MOVE!".

Watson
01-30-2007, 07:08 PM
On the RAW Homecoming after Triple H turned on Flair and hit him with the sledgehammer I clearly heard Trips say, "Climb up me!" and so Flair started to pull himself with Trips tights as he continued to pound on him. Then when they were fighting outside the ring I heard Trips call something else although I can't remember what it was.

Stickman
01-30-2007, 07:13 PM
Ken Shamrock, "Slap me"

Caged Heat18
01-30-2007, 07:34 PM
There was another pretty big one at either Survivor Series 90 or 91 between Ted Dibiase and Bret Hart, where Dibiase called for a reverse pretty loudly.

Jura
01-30-2007, 07:38 PM
During one of John Cena's matches with King Bookah, he had him in the STF-U and the camera was right in their faces and you can clearly hear Cena saying "Get there, get there, get there".

Pepsi Man
01-30-2007, 09:23 PM
Ken Shamrock, "Slap me"
That one comes to mind, and I hear Triple H probably more than anyone else. Other than that, none spring to mind, but I've heard more.

Gertner
01-30-2007, 09:42 PM
Psycho Sid yelling all his moves against brian pillman at WarGames

CSL
01-30-2007, 10:45 PM
<font color=white>When Austin does the run in to 'save' Team WWE from the Alliance beatdown and starts stunnering the world, you hear him shout 'Stunner' to Tommy Dreamer.

One involving Mankind as well (may have been Mind Games with HBK) you hear Shawn shout 'Come on Mick' when Foley doesn't follow in.</font>

El Fangel
01-31-2007, 01:04 AM
I remember during the Jericho/Benoit vs HHH/Austin

I blatantly heard Austin say "Take me to your corner."

Rammsteinmad
01-31-2007, 02:21 AM
Royal Rumble 2003. When Tommy Dreamer comes out with the weapons he hits Jericho with a kendo stick. You hear Jericho say "Again". Dreamer whacks him again. Unfortunately the second shot hit Jericho in the face and left a big knot on his forehead. Lol, shoulda kept his mouth shut.

El Fangel
01-31-2007, 02:32 AM
Royal Rumble 2003. When Tommy Dreamer comes out with the weapons he hits Jericho with a kendo stick. You hear Jericho say "Again". Dreamer whacks him again. Unfortunately the second shot hit Jericho in the face and left a big knot on his forehead. Lol, shoulda kept his mouth shut.
:lol: I remember that, it was funny as hell because he asked for it :lol:

Lord-Of-Darkness
01-31-2007, 05:00 AM
Yeah, Survivor Series 2004. It was the opening tag match, I believe a Tables match. Rico was on the top rope for a spot for like 10 seconds and finally yelled "JEFF, MOVE!".

lol, it was a brilliant moment. But it was SS 2002. Spike, Bubba and Jeff vs Rico and 2MW. And it was more along the lines of "Come on Jeff GOD DAMMIT!!"

Impeccable
01-31-2007, 05:20 AM
I distinctly remember Kevin Nash climbing over the top rope during the nwo vs Booker, Goldust, Bubba, Spike, & RVD match. He started to walk over and called a quad tear.

It wasn't very subtle, I just seem to remember him shouting "ARGHHH!"

CYCLOPTERSAURUS
01-31-2007, 07:00 AM
during the Royal Rumble Khali started to come towards Michaels and Shawn yelled out as loud as he could "GO AFTER HIM!" pointing to Orton I think.

I downloaded the show and from what I can make out, HBK is saying something about the "camera", after which Khali turns and poses, staring straight into the camera.

Disturbed316
01-31-2007, 09:33 AM
Yeah, HBK clearly pointed to Orton, couldn't hear him say anything though.

The MAC
01-31-2007, 10:07 AM
sid vs hbk. Sid has shawn in a reverse chin lock. They cut to a close up of sid who say OK,OK. obviously agreeing to a spot. JR quickly said"sid talking to himself there". and yes i did ths exact same thread a while back.

TerranRich
01-31-2007, 11:26 AM
Sid is nuts, LOL. I rarely catch guys calling spots, but I do catch motions and movements and signals.

addy2hotty
01-31-2007, 12:25 PM
I seem to remember that JR used to say 'hes talking some trash' whenever it was caught on camera....nowadays he'd probably state 'hes ordering himself some BBQ wings for after the match'.

Con man
02-01-2007, 07:21 AM
I heard RVD calling some spots on ECW the other night against Holly.

tucsonspeed6
02-01-2007, 11:23 AM
Ken Shamrock, "Slap me"

First time I ever heard a wrestler break kayfabe. I knew it was fake at the time, but it still broke my heart.

Lock Jaw
02-01-2007, 12:20 PM
It's still real to me dammit! They aren't "calling" their moves to let the other guy know what is happening so that the move can be properly executed... they're just all fans of Japanese action cartoons in which they must yell out the name of each move before doing it.

SuperSlim
02-01-2007, 03:20 PM
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/s91YpVSm0dY"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/s91YpVSm0dY" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

The Jeff Spot

Testicle
02-01-2007, 03:26 PM
Happens all the time if you listen. HHH is one of the worst though. He had a match with Owen Hart at Unforgiven 1998 where you could here an entire conversation between them and JR played it off as if HHH was talking trash.

Dorkchop
02-01-2007, 07:56 PM
One time, on Raw I think, Big show had someone in the corner. Hebner yelled "SIDE SLAM". His opponent walked out and Big Show gave him a side slam.

AdrianM
02-01-2007, 10:22 PM
In Benoit VSW Angle at the royal rumble, you hear angle calling some spots. The one I remember clearly is:

Angle: "German"
Benoit: "huh"
Angle: "German!"
Benoit: "Ah!"

*german suplex by Benoit*

The Ken Shamrock "slap me" is gold also

Fox
02-01-2007, 10:31 PM
One time, on Raw I think, Big show had someone in the corner. Hebner yelled "SIDE SLAM". His opponent walked out and Big Show gave him a side slam.

LOL I remember that. It was against Triple H. I thought I heard it and my brother, who hates wrestling and is always looking for a way to bash on it, turns to me and says

"Did he just say 'side slam'?"

And I'm like "No, I don't think so..."

And then Big Show sideslams Triple H.

Another one I remember is Carlito's opponent (when he was a heel on smackdown) saying "finish it" before Carlito rolled him up with the tights for the pin.

mrslackalack
02-01-2007, 10:40 PM
A classic one was HHH/Angle on a RAW in either late 2000 or early 2001 as HHH was attempting a superplex you can clearly hear him say ''Stand up Kurt''

Testicle
02-01-2007, 10:56 PM
Another one was at Mayhem in Manchester 1998, Billy Gunn piledrove his oppenent and said, 'go home, go home,' very loudly.

The MAC
02-01-2007, 11:54 PM
bret vs shawn in montreal. U cant hear shawn or see his mouth but its so obvious after the suplex on the floor before the bell rings shawn lays his head next to brets and is callng a spot. Or maybe sayng"pls dnt kill me"