PDA

View Full Version : What fueds would you work POST Mania?

The One
01-31-2007, 08:59 PM
For the purpose of this topic, go ahead and assume anything can happen between now and Mania. For me...

RAW

WWE Championship
Undertaker vs. Edge

Randy Orton vs. John Cena

Intercontinental Championship
Jeff Hardy vs. Chavo Guerrero

SMACKDOWN

World Heavyweight Championship
Batista vs. Kane

CM Punk vs. Chris Benoit vs. Shawn Michaels

United States Championship
William Regal vs. Fit Finley

ECW

Who Cares...

KingofOldSchool
01-31-2007, 09:04 PM
Raw

WWE Title: Edge vs. HBK

IC: Carlito vs. Jeff Hardy

Orton vs. Cena

Smackdown

World Title: King Booker vs. RVD

US Title: CM Punk vs. Chris Benoit

Finlay vs. Kane

ECW vs. Cancelation

The Naitch
01-31-2007, 09:19 PM
CM Punk vs. Chloe

The One
01-31-2007, 09:23 PM
Torrie Wilson on a Poll
Chloe vs. Al Wilson

MONEY!

KingofOldSchool
01-31-2007, 09:33 PM
Chloe would just tug on Al's skeleton and he'd fall apart.

hitman23
02-01-2007, 01:00 AM
Definitely HBK vs. Edge. And for the love of god please do something with Matt Hardy.

Mr. Nerfect
02-01-2007, 02:06 AM
WWE CHAMPIONSHIP: The Undertaker vs. Edge

Here is your Backlash main event. The Undertaker defeats John Cena at WrestleMania with a second Tombstone (Cena gets the rare honour of kicking out of one). Edge defeats Randy Orton, and then demands he get a title shot, because he is also undefeated at WrestleMania, and RAW's top star, yadda, yadda. We get Edge reminding us that he used to be a follower of The Undertaker, and Taker's mind games won't work. If they wanted to be interesting, they could even have Edge take up the old Brood entrance, again. I'd have The Undertaker win this match via disqualification, when Edge snaps and goes after Taker with steel chairs and what have you. He gives Taker a con-chair-to or two, and basically tries to kill (pun somewhat intended) the aura The Undertaker has.

The two can then meet in a Hell in a Cell Match at Vengeance.

WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP: Mr. Kennedy vs. Shawn Michaels

I know it seems weird, but hear me out. John Cena & Shawn Michaels face Batista & The Undertaker at No Way Out. The match is made for the World Tag Team Championship by Vince McMahon, just for the Hell of it. The Undertaker refuses to tag in Batista, and Shawn Michaels pins the World Heavyweight Champion with the Sweet Chin Music.

The Undertaker chooses to challenge for John Cena's WWE Championship, so Shawn Michaels is left without a title match. He decides to jump over to SmackDown!, in exchange for a shot at Batista's World Heavyweight Title. This forces John Cena & HBK to forfeit the World Tag Team Championship, which is held up at WrestleMania. Mr. Kennedy somehow worms himself into the match, and we get a Triple Threat at WrestleMania. Mr. Kennedy gets a grand entrance, maybe with a special ramp and uber-awesome introduction of himself. Shawn Michaels enters on the harnass, which would be a touching bit of nostalgia. Batista then enters as he normally would. Mr. Kennedy cheats a little bit (taking advantage of the No DQ stip that comes with Triple Threats) and he puts the World Heavyweight Title around his neck, with the plate facing out the back, and he dives off the top rope with a Kenton Bomb on Batista. 1-2-3, Mr. Kennedy wins the World Heavyweight Championship at his first WrestleMania. Shawn Michaels ruins his moment by giving him some Sweet Chin Music, rendering him unconscious.

That's actually the angle Mr. Kennedy approaches Michaels with. "You ruined the most glorious moment of my entire career. Wait...no, the most glorious moment of my career will be when I end your's at Judgment Day". Shawn Michaels still chasing that dream he once had would be an amazing storyline in 2007, and I think Mr. Kennedy vs. Shawn Michaels would be an amazing main event for Judgment Day. If they want to, they can go the whole religious angle with the hype videos for Michaels. "It's my Judgment Day...am I still The Showstopper?".

ECW WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP: Bobby Lashley vs. Marquis Cor Von vs. Test vs. Hardcore Holly vs. Elijah Burke

Weird, I know, but here's my inspiration. At WrestleMania, we get and ECW Originals vs. New Breed match. Rob Van Dam, Sabu, The Sandman and Tommy Dreamer team up to take on Test, Hardcore Holly, Marquis Cor Von and Elijah Burke. I'd actually like to see the match be an elimination bout. The Sandman gets disqualified against Test, going nuts with a Singapore cane. Sabu is eliminated second after he gets "The Touchdown" from Marquis Cor Von. Hardcore Holly nails Rob Van Dam with a steel chair, while he's on the top rope (the referee doesn't see), and RVD falls to the floor, but manages to get in before the ten count. RVD is isolated, and he eventually tags in Tommy Dreamer, who cleans house, and pins Burke with a DDT. Holly then follows with a second DDT. Test is then given a DDT, but he kicks out at two. Dreamer lifts him up for a Spicolli Driver, but Cor Von hits a "Touchdown" on Dreamer, and Test falls into the pin. RVD enters the match and tries to fight off both guys, but after coming off a Five Star Frog Splash on Test, he gets drilled by a Cor Von Touchdown for the pin. The winners of the match are Marquis Cor Von, Test, Hardcore Holly and Elijah Burke.

In ECW's main event, Bobby Lashley represents Donald Trump against Vince McMahon's chosen representative, The Great Khali. The ECW Title is put on the line as punishment by Vince. Khali dominates in his way, but Lashley fires back with a Spear, then scoops Khali up, and hits the Running Powerslam for a huge (kayfabe) win. Lashley then shows up on ECW to be greeted by the new ECW General Manager, Stephanie McMahon (just to bastardise things further). At One Night Stand 3, Bobby Lashley will defend the ECW World Title against the victorious parties at WrestleMania in an Extreme Elimination Chamber. Who will be the sixth entrant into the match? It is a surprise entrant from one of the other brands.

Bobby Lashley enters his pod, first, followed by Test, who enters in a pod. Marquis Cor Von enters and takes a place in a holding. Elijah Burke starts the match off against...Chris Benoit! Burke tries to jump Benoit, but it doesn't go too well, and the Rabid Wolverine deflects his attacks. Benoit is hitting his rolling German suplexes as the next entrant, Test, comes in and Big Boots Elijah Burke into the suplex. Test then stops away on Benoit, and nails him with a steel chair, then goes up top for a Flying Elbow on Burke. Holly holds his feet, and Benoit climbs up for a superplex. Benoit connects, and Burke tries to cover both men, to no avail. The next entrant into the match is Hardcore Holly, who brings the table with him. He nails Burke with the steel chair, and then gives him an Alabama Slam onto it for the pin. Holly then finds himself in the Crippler Crossface, and he gets to the ropes, but Benoit doesn't break the hold. Holly's neck is surgecally repaired, so Joey Styles and Tazz hype up the damage Benoit could be doing, and Holly taps and is eliminated. Tazz contests it, as the ropes should bar a hold, even if there are no disqualifications.

Bobby Lashley enters, and immediately goes after Benoit, but soon Test finds himself interjecting and using the steel chair to put them down. He puts Benoit on the table, and goes for a Flying Elbow, but he misses and crashes through the table as Marquis Cor Von enters last. Cor Von sets up for "The Touchdown" on all three men. He takes aim, and he fires...at Test! 1-2-3, Test is gone. Cor Von then goes for one on Chris Benoit, but Benoit counters into the Crippler Crossface. Marquis gets to the ropes as Styles and Tazz point out that Benoit has proven he won't break the hold that way, but Cor Von uses the ropes to get to a vertical basis, and carries Benoit, but gets nailed by a Bobby Lashley Spear! Cor Von is gone.

The final two are Chris Benoit and Bobby Lashley. We see spots like The Dominator being countered into a Crippler Crossface, which Lashley counters with the crowbar Cor Von introduced. Lashley then hits a Running Powerslam for the pin and successful title defence.

Lashley says he wants a rematch with Chris Benoit at Summerslam, as Chris Benoit was tired from entering the match at the beginning. I'd probably be inclined to have Bobby Lashley retain the Title there with The Dominator.

2007 KING OF THE RING TOURNAMENT: King Booker vs. Matt Hardy

At No Way Out, Matt Hardy faces Joey Mercury in a match where "Ladders are legal". Hardy wins the match via disqualification, when Mercury hits Hardy in the face with a steel chair. This sets up a TLC Match at WrestleMania pitting The Hardys against MNM, Paul London & Brian Kendrick and The World's Greatest Tag Team for the vacant World Tag Team Championship. The Hardys fall short there, as London & Kendrick win the belts, get the interesting honour of appearing with Playboy cover girl, Ashley, on both brands as their World and WWE Tag Team Champions, respectively.

King Booker loses to Kane at No Way Out. Booker manages to give Kane a Hell of a fight, though, so much that Theodore Long orders another meeting between the two at WrestleMania, with Booker being forced to team up with his old ally, Finlay, and Kane being the first to ever team with the undefeated Boogeyman. These partners are chosen due to The Boogeyman defeating Finlay at WrestleMania. Kane and Boogeyman are victorious in their little tag team match at Mania.

King Booker recovers from his recent losses to Kane by declaring to win his second King of the Ring Tournament. He claims he is the greatest winner of the tournament in its history, and he will be the only man to repeat the feat of winning. Booker defeats Finlay in the opening round match (it has a lot of story behind it). Unfortunately, King Booker's opponent in the second round is the winner of a Kane vs. Boogeyman match. The victor of this bout is Kane, who becomes the first man to ever defeat The Boogeyman. King Booker continues his pursuance of reestablishing his royalty by defeating Kane in the semi-finals of the tournament.

On the other side of the brackets, Matt Hardy defeats the United States Champion, Chris Benoit, in an outcome considered by many to be an upset of sorts. Benoit shakes Hardy's hand after the match. The other match pits WrestleMania opponents together, as the newly crowned Cruiserweight Champion, CM Punk, faces the freshly defeated longest reigning Cruiserweight Champion of all-time, Gregory Helms. Punk moves on to face Hardy in the semi-finals.

Hardy and Punk work a nice little face vs. face match, which results in Hardy getting the pin over the Cruiserweight Champion. Again, Hardy and Punk show respect to each other after the match.

The finals are set for Judgment Day, King Booker vs. Matt Hardy. It'll keep people guessing, because Booker is seen as a main eventer, whereas Hardy would recently be coming off a tag team run. Smarks would be intrigued (hopefully), because either Booker will make history, or they will actually push Matt Hardy. JBL makes witty remarks about this being the tournament that launched the guy who banged Matt's girlfriend into stardom. Michael Cole points out that Hardy defeated two singles Champions to get where he is. The outcome of the match sees Hardy pull out a roll-up victory over King Booker, with some heelish maneuvering using the tights and the ropes.

Booker complains he was cheated, and the feud between him and Hardy escalates. The two agree to meet at The Great American Bash, where Hardy's title shot that comes with being 2007 King of the Ring, is put on the line. Hardy defeats Booker, this time with the Twist of Fate, defending his position as SmackDown!'s new King.

Summerslam roles around, and either Mr. Kennedy or Shawn Michaels is World Heavyweight Champion. It doesn't really matter, as both matches would be interesting to see. If Hardy faces Kennedy, it would be wise to play up the fact that Hardy handed Kennedy his first singles pinfall loss. If Hardy challenges Michaels, point out that for the longest time, Hardy was billed as potentially the "next Shawn Michaels". Either way, Matt Hardy lives the Cinderalla story, and hits the Twist of Fate on the World Heavyweight Champion to win the Title at an event where Bobby Lashley defeats Chris Benoit to retain the ECW Title.

More coming.

Mr. Nerfect
02-01-2007, 02:17 AM
Carlito Colon vs. Mitch Wilson

This one is weird, and more undercard than the others, but I'm going to list it anyway. Mitch and Torrie Wilson are apparently a real-life item, so Mitch will probably return to the RAW brand. Why not have Torrie and Mitch associated on-screen? Have Mitch come in as the same guy he was in The Spirit Squad, but with Torrie revealing that they grew up in the same neighborhood, and it was actually Mitch's love of wrestling which got her started in the business. Since she and Carlito are getting serious, she requests he team up with Mitch, and look after him as he won't be accepted after being a member of The Spirit Squad.

Carlito doesn't like the idea, but since he is whipped, he agrees. Mitch and Carlito form kind of a comedy duo, with Mitch being obnoxious, and Carlito constantly bothered by his new annoying partner. Carlito doesn't trust Mitch, so he demands to know his last name. It turns out "Wilson" is also Mitch's last name, but Mitch also wants to know Carlito's. They can then add the "Colon" onto his name, and kind of push him as more a second generation Superstar when the team inevitably splits.

And split they do, after a failed attempt by Colon & Wilson to win the World Tag Team Championship from Paul London & Brian Kendrick at Backlash, Carlito just has enough. The two face a team like The Highlanders on RAW, and Mitch wants to tag in Carlito, but Colon refuses. He just spits apple into Wilson's face. This allows Robbie to roll up Wilson for three. Carlito then dumps Torrie, and we get Carlito Colon vs. Mitch Wilson at Vengeance, with Colon winning.

Mr. Nerfect
02-01-2007, 02:28 AM
John Cena vs. Randy Orton

Once again, I find myself agreeing with The One. After John Cena loses the WWE Championship to The Undertaker at WrestleMania, and Orton loses to Edge, these two kind of meet up out of frustration. They are put over as two young men who both made their professional debuts 5 years earlier, and now are at a crossroads, having both been World Champion at such a young age. It just becomes an exhibition of the young and the hungry.

John Cena wins their first encounter at Backlash, and the feud may stop there. Why overdo it, especially considering it may one day be a WrestleMania main event.

Johnny Nitro vs. Val Venis

This is a mid-card feud I am just DYING to see. It's simple to set-up, and would be effective in re-establishing Nitro and Venis as singles competitors (Nitro off a tag team run, Venis off years of jobbing). The feud is established when Venis occasionally walks past Melina and says something in Spanish. Nitro ignores it once or twice, but then demands to know what is going on. Melina says it is nothing. Melina finds herself challenging for the Women's Title, but there is an added stipulation to the match: Val Venis is assigned Special Guest Referee. Venis takes the side of Melina, and helps her win the Women's Championship. Of course, Melina has appeared in one of The Big Valbowski's latest films, "Perez' Labyrinth".

Nitro is, justifiably, pissed off, and he wants Venis' blood. Nitro actually plays the sympathetic good guy role in the feud, with Venis playing the slimey, confident scumbag. I think that was how his character originally worked, so take it back to its roots. Let these men work together for a while, and have both men get wins over the other, eventually leading to a match where Melina is Special Guest Referee.

It would be weird in a way, as Venis actually kind of turns heel (helps Melina win the Women's Title, sleeps with another guy's woman, etc.), yet he plays the face in the matches. This is the type of blurred character that would make mid-card happenings more interesting, in my opinion.

KingofOldSchool
02-01-2007, 08:51 AM
Gotta include Val in there, eh? ;)

The Optimist
02-01-2007, 12:08 PM
I like the Kane and Batista idea alot. Give both characters a little bit of "monster" back in them.

By the way, is it just me or are they really teasing re-masking Kane?

Jeritron
02-01-2007, 12:12 PM
How about a complete draft lottery this year. If ever have the brands needed to be mixed up its now.

The Optimist
02-01-2007, 12:14 PM
LOL. This is very true. The only thing I'd fear is the Hardy's ending up on the same side again, same with M&M.

Caged Heat18
02-01-2007, 12:57 PM
ECW vs. Cancelation

I think this feud has already started.

Jeritron
02-01-2007, 12:59 PM
How many ECW originals does WSX have? Could it be that Tuesday nights, you can come closer to watching ECW on MTV than on...ECW?
Its a scary thought, but it might be true.

The One
02-01-2007, 01:14 PM
From what I understand, the only ECW guys at WSX were Justin Credible and New Jack, but I think both of them were only there or the debut and not a part of their roster.