PDA

View Full Version : Can any one rank this bands in order?

the wwe champion
02-04-2007, 05:06 AM
Linkin Park, Limp Bizkit, Korn and Mettalica.

Triple A
02-04-2007, 05:07 AM
<3

ct2k
02-04-2007, 06:15 AM
MELLATICAS RULE

Blitz
02-04-2007, 06:26 AM
Linkin Park
Metallica
Korn
Limp Bizkit

Blitz
02-04-2007, 06:27 AM
Yes, Linkin Park is better than Metallica.

D Mac
02-04-2007, 07:04 AM
You sir, are incorrect.

D Mac
02-04-2007, 07:05 AM
Metallica
Korn
Limp
Faggot Park

ct2k
02-04-2007, 07:15 AM
Linkin Park are nearly as horrendous as Limp Bizkit

toxic rooster
02-04-2007, 08:31 AM
Faggot Park

did it take you all day to come up with that

Kane Knight
02-04-2007, 08:55 AM
Linkin Park, Limp Bizkit, Korn and Mettalica.

Is I two mine fiend.

ct2k
02-04-2007, 08:59 AM
<TABLE cellSpacing=3 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>Date of Birth:
May 19, 2000 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Age:
6 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Biography:
I am a I.T.Student looking forward to have a wrestling career preety soon </TD></TR><TR><TD>Location:
Paradise </TD></TR><TR><TD>Interests:
Dating attractive Women and Wrestling </TD></TR><TR><TD>Occupation:
Student </TD></TR><TR><TD>Sex:
Male </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

:wtf:

ct2k
02-04-2007, 08:59 AM
Definitely a sock

D Mac
02-04-2007, 09:10 AM
Faggot Park

did it take you all day to come up with that

No not really Wee Faggot

ct2k
02-04-2007, 09:20 AM
DM that's classic:rofl:

Kane Knight
02-04-2007, 09:29 AM
<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="3"><tbody><tr><td>Date of Birth:
May 19, 2000 </td></tr><tr><td>Age:
6 </td></tr><tr><td>Biography:
I am a I.T.Student looking forward to have a wrestling career preety soon </td></tr><tr><td>Location:
Paradise </td></tr><tr><td>Interests:
Dating attractive Women and Wrestling </td></tr><tr><td>Occupation:
Student </td></tr><tr><td>Sex:
Male </td></tr></tbody></table>

:wtf:

What, like you weren't dating women at 6?

Just John
02-04-2007, 10:13 AM
Metallica
Limp
'faggot' park
Korn

Korn is only at the bottom because I have heard only one of their songs and it was very generic. If its as good as they say, then it should be one below metallica.

Champion of Europa
02-04-2007, 12:35 PM
Metallica
Korn
Bizkit
Linkin Park

FakeLaser
02-04-2007, 12:39 PM
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/gNRyY7j09eI"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/gNRyY7j09eI" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>
BOOM NA DA MMM DUM NA EMA
DA BOOM NA DA MMM DUM NA EMA

ct2k
02-04-2007, 12:51 PM
What, like you weren't dating women at 6?

Ofcourse I was I just didn't get into IT til I was like 8 is all, nah mean?

Zen v.W.o.
02-04-2007, 02:42 PM
Metallica

Korn

Limp and Linkin(both are not even worth shit)

Kane Knight
02-04-2007, 05:38 PM
Metallica and Korn aren't, either.

D Mac
02-04-2007, 05:54 PM
Park and Limp aint even around anymore are they?

Downunder
02-04-2007, 06:25 PM
Metallica
Korn

Linkin Bizkit

Ninti the Mad
02-04-2007, 06:27 PM
Metallica
Korn

Linkin Bizkit

Kane Knight
02-04-2007, 06:47 PM
Park and Limp aint even around anymore are they?

Linkin Park is still around. They'll release a new record once they've sold all their last album's tracks as singles, released a video, a remix CD, and a new live album (And remixed it).

Last I knew about Limp, there was talki about Wes joining back up with them. That's a poor way to go about not being around anymore.

Bad Company
02-04-2007, 08:02 PM
Metallica
Linkin Park

Korn and Limp are terrible. Last place.

packt up
02-05-2007, 06:06 AM
Pretty much dislike/hate them all. I would go with Korn Metallica Linkin Limp.

Funky Fly
02-05-2007, 06:16 AM
It can be argued that Metallica (specifically their Master of Puppets album) is singularly responsible for the decline of thrash metal and the creation of worthless subgenres such as Gothenburg metal.

If the arguments in favour of such a statement can be considered true, Metallica is blatantly the worst of the 4.

Personally, I believe Limp Bizkit to be the worst, but that's like saying I'd rather be shot in the heart than stabbed in the heart.

Just John
02-05-2007, 11:32 AM
Linkin park spawned an entire race of annoying emo types. As if Kurt Cobain didn't do the job well enough. Let off for the fact that 'session' has a good tune to it (no vocals)

Limp Bizkit are musically terrible, but something about Fred Durst on stage just makes me want to laugh so much.

ct2k
02-05-2007, 12:09 PM
Metallica were definitely responsible for furthering the 'writing pointlessly long songs just because we can' movement in metal...Bands like Death and Cynic managed to be far more varied and experimental in their sounds with 4-5 minute songs.

Skippord
02-05-2007, 10:16 PM
Korn
Metallica
Limp Bizkit
Linkin Park

Skippord
02-05-2007, 10:17 PM
BTW Motorhead > every band ever(besides Alice In Chains)

Rammsteinmad
02-06-2007, 03:58 PM
Metallica
Linkin Park
Limp Bizkit
Korn

Is Linkin Park still around?

Shaner
02-08-2007, 04:35 AM
Metallica
Linkin Park
Limp Bizkit
Korn

Is Linkin Park still around?

yeah, they've got a new album coming out later this year.

RP
02-08-2007, 01:07 PM
Linkin Park is the worst of all of them. How can you get away with making the same exact album as your first and call it a new album. That was insane.

RP
02-08-2007, 01:08 PM
I know its call to rag on Fred Durst and shit, but i dont totally hate him. I like some of Limp Bizkits stuff. Just a few songs, but i dont totally think they're shit.

Stickman
02-08-2007, 01:50 PM
HOw can you put Linkin Park, and Limp Bizkit in the same sentence as Metallica. Old Korn is decent but no where near the level of Metallica. I was watching a four part series on the history of Heavy Metal. I believe it was the drummer of Black Sabbath who said Metallica saved metal. I've also seen a bunch of shows listing the top 10, top 20 top 50 metal bands of all time and Metallica is usually number 3 or 4.

Funky Fly
02-08-2007, 05:33 PM
Linkin Park is the worst of all of them. How can you get away with making the same exact album as your first and call it a new album. That was insane.
AC/DC managed to do it several times. Of course, it's a really good album, but they did it again and again.

HOw can you put Linkin Park, and Limp Bizkit in the same sentence as Metallica. Old Korn is decent but no where near the level of Metallica. I was watching a four part series on the history of Heavy Metal. I believe it was the drummer of Black Sabbath who said Metallica saved metal. I've also seen a bunch of shows listing the top 10, top 20 top 50 metal bands of all time and Metallica is usually number 3 or 4.
Metallica saved metal? Right. All they did was (partially) de-glamify it. They've done a fair bit to hurt metal.

Kane Knight
02-08-2007, 09:53 PM
Not only that, but if it wasn't Metallica, it would have been another group. There were other groups, similar groups at the time. Similar enough, anyway. People who had drummers who could keep a tempo live.

Stickman, consider also that LArs Ulrich usually makes the top ten lists for drummers, and he's utter shite. So it's hard to use lists like that as anything other than a gague of who people like to fellate. Those charts aren't a meaure of quality, or even influence.

Jeritron
02-09-2007, 12:19 PM
Yes, Linkin Park is better than Metallica.

No fucking way. Yea Metallica has sucked for the past 15 years...but before that they were gods. Linkin Park is mediocre at best. So you do the math.

Stickman
02-09-2007, 01:11 PM
I love Lars Ulrich's statement when asked about when people say Metallica sold out. I forget what it's from but his response was close to, "Yeah, we sold out. We sold out every concert every night on every tour."

I really don't get why people say he's a terrible drummer. give me a sample.

BTW, "Some Kind of Monster" is a really good documentry even if you dont' like the band.

Kane Knight
02-09-2007, 02:56 PM
Give you a sample?

"Live Shit" Is a pretty good sample. If you don't have the box set, download a few tracks. Hearing them suck through Stone Cold Crazy because Lars can't do lines from a 70s track in time is fucking hilarious. Hearing them fuck up their own shit is worse. By them, I really mean him. They sound sloppy though, because they try and keep up with him.

MEtallica live is pretty painful.

I don't care whether or not they've "sold out," Lars is an awful drummer.

Stickman
02-09-2007, 03:49 PM
Give you a sample?

"Live Shit" Is a pretty good sample. If you don't have the box set, download a few tracks. Hearing them suck through Stone Cold Crazy because Lars can't do lines from a 70s track in time is fucking hilarious. Hearing them fuck up their own shit is worse. By them, I really mean him. They sound sloppy though, because they try and keep up with him.

MEtallica live is pretty painful.

I don't care whether or not they've "sold out," Lars is an awful drummer.

I actually prefer most of their live shit because you can feel the energy and emotion. I have no complaints from seeing them live two years ago. Everybody makes mistakes in live concerts.

Kane Knight
02-09-2007, 04:34 PM
I actually prefer most of their live shit because you can feel the energy and emotion. I have no complaints from seeing them live two years ago. Everybody makes mistakes in live concerts.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Kane Knight
02-09-2007, 05:01 PM
Sorry, let me elaborate:

It's not that he's making "mistakes," and already I know you're just going to continue apologising for something anyone with a sense of rhythm already knows.

I get it. You're easily amused and would probably enjoy anything with a lot of thumping. Your enjoyment isn't the issue here. It's a dodge, it's an apology, it's not an argument that Lars is good, or even that he isn't crap. Linkin Park fans probably find Chester to be enjoyable, too. That doesn't make him a great singer. It just means a bunch of fanboys will listen to what's put in front of them.

So you have no discretion and no sense of rhythm. That's fine. But that's not a defense.

Back to "mistakes." Once is a mistake. Twice, even. Three times, maybe. Everybody screws up in concert. But Lars is the guy who can't play Dyer's Eve live, though Tribute bands can. Lars can't keep a tempo very long in any live recording I've seen/heard. His rhythms go all over the place, and he's unable to maintain even simple four patterns. I say simple because every drummer in the business except for Lars Ulrich and Meg White seem able to do it.

When you're off something like 50% of the time over multiple nights, and these are the concerts that are fit to be released, there is something horribly, horribly wrong here.

And your only response? Fanboyism.

In other words...

Just John
02-09-2007, 05:45 PM
I'm not 'dissing' his ability, but lars is such a dickhead:

"I'm gonna kick anyone who downloads our songs illegally's ass!"

I'M WAITING MOTHERFUCKER :mad: :mad: :mad:

Stickman
02-09-2007, 06:27 PM
Sorry, let me elaborate:

It's not that he's making "mistakes," and already I know you're just going to continue apologising for something anyone with a sense of rhythm already knows.

I get it. You're easily amused and would probably enjoy anything with a lot of thumping. Your enjoyment isn't the issue here. It's a dodge, it's an apology, it's not an argument that Lars is good, or even that he isn't crap. Linkin Park fans probably find Chester to be enjoyable, too. That doesn't make him a great singer. It just means a bunch of fanboys will listen to what's put in front of them.

So you have no discretion and no sense of rhythm. That's fine. But that's not a defense.

Back to "mistakes." Once is a mistake. Twice, even. Three times, maybe. Everybody screws up in concert. But Lars is the guy who can't play Dyer's Eve live, though Tribute bands can. Lars can't keep a tempo very long in any live recording I've seen/heard. His rhythms go all over the place, and he's unable to maintain even simple four patterns. I say simple because every drummer in the business except for Lars Ulrich and Meg White seem able to do it.

When you're off something like 50% of the time over multiple nights, and these are the concerts that are fit to be released, there is something horribly, horribly wrong here.

And your only response? Fanboyism.

In other words...

Who are your top 5 favourite bands?

Kane Knight
02-09-2007, 06:28 PM
You know, I'd pay to see that.

Mostly because he'd snap you like a twig.

Kane Knight
02-09-2007, 06:29 PM
Who are your top 5 favourite bands?

Why?

Stickman
02-09-2007, 07:21 PM
Why?

Curiosity.

Kane Knight
02-09-2007, 09:58 PM
Sounds like a shitty diversion to me.

Ninti the Mad
02-09-2007, 10:36 PM
hE LiEkZ LiMP BizKT LoLZ

Kane Knight
02-09-2007, 10:52 PM
i hart limp bizkit

Stickman
02-13-2007, 02:48 PM
Sounds like a shitty diversion to me.

You just don't want me to me to criticize the shitty bands you like.

Kane Knight
02-14-2007, 09:56 AM
More like, you think that criticising the bands I like, based on taste, will somehow negate the actual technical argument I've put forth against Metallica, because your stupid fanboy brain is making that sound 5 year olds make during tantrums and thinking "But i REALLY REALLY LIKE THEM!"

Which, of course, it doesn't.

But it is likely what you're trying to do, as it's the only possible way I could see any even remotely valid relevance to your request.

I mean, if you have a valid reason you can actually relate to my criticism (Which is of a technical nature), go for it. The fact is, however, that Lars is a shitty drummer who can't even play his own songs (Tribute bands play Dyers Eve, Metallica doesn't because Lars could only do it in the studio and only on many takes) live, and you've got no way to actuyally refute or argue against that, except "I don't mind," (not the point), "They're popular" (Not the point), and "Well your taste in music sucks!" ( not the point).

All fanboyish little comebacks from someone who just needs to defend their music. Give me one reason my taste in music would actually determine my ability to determine whether or not someone was on tempo. Just one reason. You can't.

Stickman
02-14-2007, 01:14 PM
FOr a guy who hates a band, you sure know a lot about them. There's more to good bands then how technical they are.

Kane Knight
02-14-2007, 01:31 PM
You mean for a guy who thinks their drummer is utter shite, I sure know two or three different facts.

What you were evidently too stupid to comprehend from that last post (And others) was that this was not even an argument about whether Metallica was "god" or "bad." It was a statement on Lars' drum skills, which you are trying to refute with "GS EFB DB SFB SGFN SDB D I LIEK THEM zSFG DFH GDB SFGN S"

Surprisingly, I've said very little about "liking" or "hating" Metallica, and have tried to keep this to the context in which it started. You know, about whether or not Lars was a good drummer. And he's not, and there's nothing you can do to refute that. Your fanboyism wants you to, so you're trying to do everything possible to defend himm...By saying the band's Good (Irrelevant), turning it on me (irrelevant), making claims about how much of a hater I am or how much I know about the band (irrelevant, but also funny when you consider I've said precious little about them except for one or two factoids any retard with an attention span could have picked up from TPWW).

Now you're doing it agian, by saying "there's more to it." Except there isn't. Because we're not talking about whether I like Metallica. We're talking about whether or not Lars can play a drum kit. And he can't. Are you actually stupid enough to think you can derail the actual issue by keep going back to "well I'm a rabid fanboy, soo..."

Skippord
02-15-2007, 12:26 AM
Lars Ulrich fucked up a Mercyful Fate song with his shitty drumming

Funky Fly
02-15-2007, 12:47 AM
No surprise there, he fucks up his own shit all the time.

Kane Knight
02-15-2007, 10:35 AM

What Funky said. Lars fucks up pretty much everything he does by merely drumming.

ct2k
02-15-2007, 10:49 AM
Lars Ulrich is a competent drummer, no more. Didn't they keep Dyer's Eve off the set lists purely because he couldn't play it?

Kane Knight
02-15-2007, 11:33 AM
Yeah, I mentioned that. Though I disagree that he's competent. A competent drummer can play live. They may not be incredibly adept at playing complext bits live, but Lars falls apart on some (relatively) simple stuff.

Stickman
02-17-2007, 10:56 PM
hmm listening to a live dyers eve on youtube by some tribute band named Metallica...not saying the drumming is good or bad

Zen v.W.o.
02-17-2007, 11:52 PM
Metallica and Korn aren't, either.

Korn isnt any longer, and I was never a fan but they didnt outright suck as much as the latter two bands always have.

As for Metallica, they were the kings back in the day.

Kane Knight
02-18-2007, 08:21 AM
were. Back in the day. Important words here.

Kane Knight
02-18-2007, 08:22 AM
hmm listening to a live dyers eve on youtube by some tribute band named Metallica...copping out once again...

Anathema
02-18-2007, 08:47 AM
Metallica

Fuck the rest!

weather vane
02-19-2007, 12:55 AM
Metallica is unreal. One of the best.

Kane Knight
02-19-2007, 10:14 AM
Crüe is unreal. One of the best.

Stickman
02-19-2007, 01:21 PM
Motley Crue sux

Stickman
02-19-2007, 01:22 PM
Copping out? You said metallica doesn't play Dyers Eve live. Yet I was watching a video on youtube of Metallica playing Dyers Eve live.

Kane Knight
02-19-2007, 01:34 PM
You do realise the first time they EVER performed it "live" was 2 years ago, right?

Oh no! That's devastating to my point!

Wait, no it isn't, and you're copping out. :)

Sorry, stickman, I know you're a metallica mark. I hate to encourage hissyfits. It's just...True.

Kane Knight
02-19-2007, 01:38 PM
:lol:

No wonder they didn't play this live for a couple decades. It's funny hearing Lars try and keep up and play accurately.

Stickman
02-19-2007, 03:35 PM
They still played it live, that was my point. Whether they first played it live 2 years ago or 20 is irrelevent. You said, "The fact is, however, that Lars is a shitty drummer who can't even play his own songs (Tribute bands play Dyers Eve, Metallica doesn't because Lars could only do it in the studio and only on many takes) live". So according to your "fact", you're factually wrong.

The qualty of the performance may have been subpar, but apparently Metallica doesn't play Dyers Eve live.