PDA

View Full Version : 360 DVD question...

Xero
02-04-2007, 12:17 PM
Okay, my TV has ports for HD connectors (Composite). It's not an HDTV, but it reads it just fine (just no wide screen). Anyway, it looks great during games when I use them, but when I play a DVD I get a lot of graininess. Not unwatchable grain, but noticeable. Does anyone know if this is the 360's DVD reader or the cables themselves, because I read that it's the cables.

The only reason I ask is that I may consider moving back to the RCA port so I can re-hook up my Composite DVD player. I'd use S-Video but my TiVo is using the only S-Video-enabled port.

Kane Knight
02-04-2007, 12:28 PM
No clue. If you want to get around it, get a good component selector. You can switch between the two sources on one S-Video cable.

Do you have any way of testing it on an S-Video input, to see if it is the cables? Or even normal video inputs?

Xero
02-04-2007, 12:33 PM
I haven't tried the RCA-side for DVDs yet. I'll have to try that.

Silent
02-04-2007, 06:24 PM
I watch DVDs all the time on it, but I haven't noticed it.

I used RCA cables on an old TV, no problems.

And now I'm using component cables on an HDTV and it still looks fine, so yeah, check your cables I guess.. :o

The 360 is a pretty darn good DVD player if I do say so myself, so I don't think it would be causing a problem like that..

G
02-05-2007, 05:18 PM
I want the HD-DVD player :(.