PDA

View Full Version : you might wanna read this if you love the spiderman films

Jon Kano
02-05-2007, 07:43 PM
Yeah someone just go to this link to make sure im not seeing things

http://imdb.com/name/nm0048414/

..the movie....the movie at the top...the fucking character name. its not just rumoured now.

The words fucking, awesome, i, love and this come to mind.

Blitz
02-05-2007, 07:48 PM
This not the biggest surprise considering he's played Connors since Spider-Man 2.

Jeritron
02-05-2007, 07:51 PM
Certainly not suprising. I think just about everyone knew it would come up if there were further sequels.

Its actually suprising it didn't come up in 3, or even 2 for that matter. If anything its late news, not shocking.

Jon Kano
02-05-2007, 08:14 PM
Yeah sure it was known it was coming up but its only been rumoured until now. It says announced.

Just uber excited since The Lizard was my fave baddie/whatever.

Kane Knight
02-05-2007, 08:21 PM
Spider-Man 4 (2009) (announced (http://pro.imdb.com/r/legacy-inprod-name/inproduction/)) (rumored) .... Dr. Curt Connors/The Lizard

...Fortunately, I can read.

Jeritron
02-05-2007, 08:22 PM
announced means nothing.

It's likely, but a lot of things in movies and entertainment are announced and never come to be. Especially when it comes to movies with heavy followings.

Jeritron
02-05-2007, 08:23 PM
and yes KK, I noticed that too.

Kane Knight
02-05-2007, 08:23 PM
Basically, what they mean is that the movie is announced, but the Lizard/Connors are rumoured. Just like Spider-Man 2 and 3.

Kane Knight
02-05-2007, 08:25 PM
and yes KK, I noticed that too.

Yeah, I don't doubt everyone's perception. But it was already clear that it would probably need explanation to some. Or perhaps several. Depends.

Xero
02-05-2007, 08:31 PM
I didn't even know Spider-Man 4 was confirmed.

Kane Knight
02-05-2007, 09:54 PM
I didn't even know Spider-Man 4 was confirmed.

It's not.

"announced" in this case means that Raimi and Sony pictures (I think that's who's making them) are interested.

To my knowledge, there has been no official announcement, and actually, many of the actors have expressed disinterest or reticence.

I'd count on it being made, though unless the third one somehow bombs. IT would take an epic catastrophe (Like people realising how overrated Raimi is) to make it not happen.

Fignuts
02-06-2007, 01:31 AM
tbh I don't see how any spider-man villain except Mysterio, can top Sandman visually.

Fox
02-06-2007, 01:59 AM
You obviously haven't considered Carnage and the Symbiotes.

Jeritron
02-06-2007, 02:13 AM
tbh I don't see how any spider-man villain except Mysterio, can top Sandman visually.

Yea, but just about any of them can trump GG2 visually.

Fignuts
02-06-2007, 09:22 AM

Venom will look cool, but the possibilities for Sandman are much greater. I think thats a big reason Raimi wanted to do sandman so bad. And Audiences would shit all over carnage.

Mr Regal
02-06-2007, 09:30 AM

Yes that fish bowl on the head would look incredible!

Fignuts
02-06-2007, 09:38 AM
I was thinking more the fact that he can make people see anything.

Fignuts
02-06-2007, 09:39 AM
You bloody toerag.

Avenger
02-06-2007, 04:12 PM
It's not.

"announced" in this case means that Raimi and Sony pictures (I think that's who's making them) are interested.

To my knowledge, there has been no official announcement, and actually, many of the actors have expressed disinterest or reticence.

I'd count on it being made, though unless the third one somehow bombs. IT would take an epic catastrophe (Like people realising how overrated Raimi is) to make it not happen.*waits for Kano spazz out*

Mr Regal
02-06-2007, 04:28 PM
I was thinking more the fact that he can make people see anything.

like lots of fish bowls on peoples heads?

I really don't want them to fuck up Spiderman like they did with Superman and Batman and make a weak film with b list bad guys. of course they could go on with out fucking up.....but that never happens does it?

Jon Kano
02-06-2007, 05:31 PM
I wouldve thought announced is solid, as in they have grounds to announce not only the film is a go ahead, but the casting of The Lizard is grounds to be announced.

Either way, excuse me for getting excited. Fucking geek.

Mr Regal
02-06-2007, 05:37 PM
by "announced" they mean the words have maybe, somewhere, at some point in time fallen out of someones mouth! It's all bollocks, it could happen, it could not happen. Nobody anywhere knows yet....NOBODY!

Kane Knight
02-06-2007, 10:00 PM
Fucking geek.

Yes. You are.

OMG OMG OMG LIZARD IS CONFIRMED!

...FUCK YOU FOR BEING ABLE TO READ AND UNDERSTANDING WHAT "RUMORED" MEANS!

Jon Kano
02-06-2007, 10:13 PM
Yes. You are.

OMG OMG OMG LIZARD IS CONFIRMED!

...FUCK YOU FOR BEING ABLE TO READ AND UNDERSTANDING WHAT "RUMORED" MEANS!

Chill out fatman :naughty:

Of course I am a geek for getting excited about The Lizard. But to the point of being so retarded about imdb definitions and accuracy in its infro, you are guilty of. Thats where the true geekness lies. Now stop ruining my thread, go for a run, take a bath or do something.

Kane Knight
02-06-2007, 10:57 PM
LOL. You're sporting a chubby over a comic book movie, but understanding "rumored" in the entry means it's not confirmed...Yeah, THAT's the geeky part.

Pure logic there, gimpy.

Fignuts
02-06-2007, 11:57 PM
I think you would both take it in the ass from Mr. Spock, given the chance.

Jon Kano
02-07-2007, 12:15 AM
LOL. You're sporting a chubby over a comic book movie, but understanding "rumored" in the entry means it's not confirmed...Yeah, THAT's the geeky part.

Pure logic there, gimpy.

Do you not fucking know how to read? It was the ANNOUNCED aspect that had been added, the rumoured label has been there for months. So the announced gets added, what I am supposed to think? maybe that its got ground to be announced, as in confirmed. Just shut the fuck up, jesus dont you get tired of nit picking every fucking thing every fucking one posts. Cus Im getting tired of seeing it.

LoDownM
02-07-2007, 01:38 AM
Lizard, blah not the lest bit excited. Sinister Six, now that would get me excited. To bad they killed Doc Ock :(

Jeritron
02-07-2007, 02:43 AM
I hate when comic marks think complex and long storylines with dozens of characters and absurd twists would play out on screen. Not attacking anyone in particular, it just annoys me since they don't understand how things need to be brought to screen and why some things can't.

Its like LOTR marks bitching about things being changed or left out in those movies. Adaptation from one medium to film is a process that requires a lot of simplification, tweaking and change in order to make it work in a 2 hour live action movie, with empahis being placed on some aspects while others are omitted. Otherwise, you have complete shit and if they gave it to you exactly as it was written you'd bitch about how bad of a movie it was.

LoDownM
02-07-2007, 03:40 AM
Calm down, shit.

Jon Kano
02-07-2007, 04:04 AM
To bad they killed Doc Ock :(

Or did theyyyyy........:D

Indifferent Clox
02-07-2007, 06:35 PM
Yeah I the whole Chris Gaines Lamb film I was all stoked for never came out. I was so angry.

I was a big garth brooks fan then

luckily my musical tastes have developed in seven years, but i still want to see that fucking rock star murder mystery with GB in it

Blitz
02-07-2007, 09:52 PM
What the fuck are you talking about?

Jeritron
02-07-2007, 10:11 PM
I think he's officially out of his mind, or at least in left field.

Skippord
02-08-2007, 12:53 AM
I think you would both take it in the ass from Mr. Sulu, given the chance.
CAUSE HE'S GAY AHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA

Kane Knight
02-08-2007, 09:02 AM
Do you not fucking know how to read? It was the ANNOUNCED aspect that had been added, the rumoured label has been there for months. So the announced gets added, what I am supposed to think? maybe that its got ground to be announced, as in confirmed. Just shut the fuck up, jesus dont you get tired of nit picking every fucking thing every fucking one posts. Cus Im getting tired of seeing it.

:lol: Oh, where to start?

Yes, I know how to read. Do you? If you did, and possessed basic reasoning skills, you would be able to answer the "what was I supposed to think?" question.

Now, as for shut the fuck up? No. You can whine all you want, make up your little spazzy "WAAAAH! YOUR ALWAYS AFTER EVERYTHING EVERYONE SAYS!" and whatever else, but honestly, no.

Stop whining. It's the internet. If you take it that seriously, go post a suicide note on myspace (Kill your mum, too. She deserves it for giving birth to the bottom of the gene pool) For someone who tries to pretend to be better than me, you have to have the thinnest skin of anyone I've ever met. Of course, if I could be beat up by Monty Burns, I'd probably be that thin skinned too, but honestly, your constant barrage of WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH is both funny and sad.

Yes, you're getting pity from "Comic Book Guy."

Kane Knight
02-08-2007, 09:18 AM
I hate when comic marks think complex and long storylines with dozens of characters and absurd twists would play out on screen. Not attacking anyone in particular, it just annoys me since they don't understand how things need to be brought to screen and why some things can't.

Its like LOTR marks bitching about things being changed or left out in those movies. Adaptation from one medium to film is a process that requires a lot of simplification, tweaking and change in order to make it work in a 2 hour live action movie, with empahis being placed on some aspects while others are omitted. Otherwise, you have complete shit and if they gave it to you exactly as it was written you'd bitch about how bad of a movie it was.

Let's be fair. The Lord of the Rings movies were like 5 hours apiece. They had a shitload more leeway. on the other hand, the movies would have been 25 minutes long apiece without the ego-wank landscape shots. They chose to emphasise elements in those movies which are not conducive to an "epic."

Don't get me wrong, I find Tolkien to be boring as fuck. But I think you gave a bad example.

Another one is The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe. Why they needed to strip out elements from an 80-ish page book is beyond me, considering they didn't seem to actually put anything in to replace it.

And to be honest, I don't know why you need to simplify a comic book. It's a fucking comic book. That's like dumbing down pro wrestling for the four people on the planet too simple to understand it.

tucsonspeed6
02-08-2007, 11:09 AM

I personally think comic book movies need to stay away from topping themselves visually and should work on having decent scripts or acting.

If they make a Spiderman 4, it should be with Scorpion.

Kane Knight
02-10-2007, 05:08 PM
Who would go to comic book movies if not for the self-fellating special effects?

Jeritron
02-10-2007, 05:21 PM
I personally think comic book movies need to stay away from topping themselves visually and should work on having decent scripts or acting.

If they make a Spiderman 4, it should be with Scorpion.

Scorpion would be pretty lame, especially alone. He's a decent villian but he can't carry a movie.

And visuals are extremely important to the nature of comic movies, and their success. They should focus on both.

Lara Emily
02-11-2007, 01:22 AM

Carnage is crap, so are the other Symbiotes.

Fignuts
02-11-2007, 02:54 AM

THANK YOU

Kane Knight
02-11-2007, 10:25 AM

Oh, come on, what's crap about a one dimensional character that spouts brilliance like "I'm killing you because I can?"