PDA

View Full Version : Amalgam Comics

Rammsteinmad
02-07-2007, 04:20 PM
Hope this is the right board... Dunno where to post a comic thread around here... anyway...

So I'm looking to complete the whole Marvel/DC/Amalgam Crossover stuff (it's only taken me seven years :roll: ).

I'm looking at the graphic novels such as "Return to the Amalgam Age of Comics" and was wondering... are they just compilations of the single comics (Ie. Super Soldier, Amazon etc) or is it new stories etc?

I've already got most of the actual comics, so only wanna get the graphic novels if it's different material.

Thanks in advance.

P.S Just waiting for Lobo the Duck to arrive (from Ebay) and that will complete my set, unless I need the above books. :D

Lock Jaw
02-07-2007, 05:20 PM
A fan review from amazon.com:

This book, a collection of the second wave of stories featuring "amalgamated" characters from Marvel and DC, is, in short, just so-so. The first wave introduced us to fun characters like Super-Soldier (a Superman/Captain America cross), Dark Claw (Batman/Wolverine), and Amazon (Wonder Woman/Storm). It was a new experiment and a pleasant experience. The second time is not as fun; tons of back-story knowledge is required to understand the significance of any one character. Most of the fun and energy seems to be missing.

There are, indeed, redeeming factors. The story "Super-Soldier: Man of War" is set during WWII and has some endearing guest stars. "The Dark Claw Adventures" emulates the art and story of the super-popular animated Batman series. And, as always, it is an intriguing comparison of some of the finest heroes of both universes. Fans of the first series will want this book for their collection. Anyone else will want it as a coaster for their cold drink.

So it is just a collection of the "second wave" of stories.