PDA

View Full Version : 2004 Predictions in Raw

Shaggy
02-18-2004, 05:34 PM
I was just glancing through the Raw Jan 2004 magazine when a section caught my eye. It had a bunch of prediction for the stars for this upcoming year. Now I remember in the old issue's of Raw magazine there was a section in the back where it had prediction and usually all most all of them came true. I was wondering what yall might have to say about these prediction.

Here are some of them:

Triple H: "The Game" will be tested when two individuals look to end his run as the most dominant athlete in the sport. First, an old rival will come back to haunt the Cerebral Assassin. This retired legend will make his dramatic, one time only return to the ring for a match inside an unforgiving steel structure. Next, a close friend and prot'eg'e of Hunter's will turn on him and try to gain fame by stealing Triple H's glory. This hungry, young lion will stop at nothing to kill Hunter's legend and show everyone why he is that damn good.

Batista: The monster inside of Batista will be unleashed midway through the year as he tears through his former Evolution teamates and ends one of their careers. Later in the year, Batista's attention will turn to gold, as he attempts to win his first WWE title.

Eric Bischoff: "Easy E" will make a phone call to an old friend from his WCW days to lure a WWE legend back to the ring for one last run. This returning star will woo the Texas Rattlesnake out of semi-retirement for one of the most highly anticipated matchups ever. At the biggest spectacle of them all, the two pioneers will wage war to see who truly is the biggest icon in sports-entertainment. The chances are that this battle will have such lasting effets that the loser may never be able to show his face on TV again.

Shawn Michaels: HBK will continue to defy doctors by wrestling full-time for the better part of the year, but he will take a much needed break to re-evaluate his career goals and make a decision that may leave a lot of fans in shock. While he won't retire . Michaels will challenge a certain individual to a special match that will have fans talking for years to come.

Maven: This will be the breakout year for the co-winner of WWE's first Tough Enough. A key alliance that will cost him the support of the fans will actually take Maven to the next level and make him a legitimate contender. By year's end, people will see a side of Maven they never knew existed.

Randy Orton: The self-proclaimed "Legend Killer" will run out of legends to destroy and turn his attention to a former mentor. Alongside an elite group of young blood, Orton will wreak havoc on Raw; toppling all of his foes and becoming the company's preeminent third-generation superstar.

Other Small Notes: Also on this thing is says that Kane will fall in love like a beauty and the beast type story with a certain Diva. Then by Stacy Keiblers name it says to look at Kane. So im guessing Stacy will be the diva if this happens. Next to Garrison Cade and Mark Jindrak it says see Orton so my guess is that Jindrak and Cade will be among the young blood with Orton. For Shane McMahon it says that a superstar will get mad at him for using one of his top rope moves. Next to RVD it says look at Shane so my guess is RVD will be pissed at Shane for using the Van Terminator. It also mentions that Gail Kim will go to Smackdown and that Lance Storm will go to Smackdown and fight a certain American (Angle).

Mikey
02-18-2004, 05:38 PM
I saw those

Corkscrewed
02-20-2004, 01:49 AM
Looks like they're predicting the whole New Evolution angle we've been talking about for a while. It's about time. Orton, Jindrak, Cade, and Maven would make an interesting stable, though they should keep Batista. It won't look credible unless HHH jobs to a by-them fully pushed Orton though.

Rock Bottom
02-20-2004, 02:05 AM
They also seem to be hinting at Batista putting Flair out of the ring. I was wondering that. That is a makeshift tag-team, I don't see them lasting long and I don't see Flair lasting too long. Interesting.

They aren't always accurate, but they do provide an interesting foreshadow. It looks like RAW is going to have a great year.

Rock Bottom
02-20-2004, 02:10 AM
You know, I am thinking even more now, and I've noticed that whenever heel stables are formed, and taken down, a shitload of stars are born. And wrestling seems good. I remember the Corporation, and how huge it was - and in the end, the faces get put over majorly. The Rock was born as an even bigger face than he was before the Corporation, *slightly* under Austin at that time, and Steve Austin was a god in the eyes of many fans. Mick Foley, also, came out big.

Anyhow, I just think stables forming, becoming powerful (ie, Evolution) and breaking up provides tons of push opportunities for most wrestlers involved.

Mr. Nerfect
02-20-2004, 02:32 AM
So who do you think that legend is that will face Austin? And the one that Triple H is supposed to face in a Steel Cage/HIAC Match (If they are true). How about Hogan for the Austin one?

Rock Bottom
02-20-2004, 02:41 AM
That's a good question, and makes for good theoretical discussion. While no one really "knows for sure," a lot of people probably have their own ideas or predictions for the year. I have a few.

To throw my two cents in about that... I don't know who the guy will be to face Austin, but I don't think it'll be Hulk Hogan. They had been there, done that, with The Rock, and The Rock was clearly > Hogan. So doing that for Austin wouldn't really mean much. I think it'll be the last person we'd expect, if it occurs. (No, I don't think Bret will ever come back.)

I liked WMXIX as Austin's last match. Because The Rock worked hard to put Steve over, and Austin was on his way out the door. Also because they made The Rock and Steve out to be 'equals.' This match was clean. It was thourough, it was rough, and there was no interferance. This was the match I was waiting to see Austin in. The Rock brutally kicking his ass was icing in the cake to me. But Austin did REALLY well at selling his, "I'm getting old," and "I am the Rattlesnake... but The Rock is just too much for me anymore."

HHH in a cage, I'm thinking it'll be Mick Foley or Shawn Michaels. I say this because Foley put HHH over in gimmick matches on his way out the door the first time.

Sephiroth
02-20-2004, 03:47 AM
Those predictions come out of the Raw magazine bitch.

Innovator
02-20-2004, 10:21 AM
I think the HBK thing points to calling out Bret Hart, but again take these for what they are worth.

The only people I can think of for the Stone Cold rumor would be either Sting, Hogan, or maybe Savage.

Loose Cannon
02-20-2004, 11:21 AM
Triple H: "The Game" will be tested when two individuals look to end his run as the most dominant athlete in the sport. First, an old rival will come back to haunt the Cerebral Assassin. This retired legend will make his dramatic, one time only return to the ring for a match inside an unforgiving steel structure. Next, a close friend and prot'eg'e of Hunter's will turn on him and try to gain fame by stealing Triple H's glory. This hungry, young lion will stop at nothing to kill Hunter's legend and show everyone why he is that damn good.

Batista: The monster inside of Batista will be unleashed midway through the year as he tears through his former Evolution teamates and ends one of their careers. Later in the year, Batista's attention will turn to gold, as he attempts to win his first WWE title.

Maven: This will be the breakout year for the co-winner of WWE's first Tough Enough. A key alliance that will cost him the support of the fans will actually take Maven to the next level and make him a legitimate contender. By year's end, people will see a side of Maven they never knew existed.

Randy Orton: The self-proclaimed "Legend Killer" will run out of legends to destroy and turn his attention to a former mentor. Alongside an elite group of young blood, Orton will wreak havoc on Raw; toppling all of his foes and becoming the company's preeminent third-generation superstar.

Oh Man, this is going to be FK'N GREAT if this all goes down. I'm marking out like crazy if this happens.

Orton, Batista, Maven, Cade, Jindrack :yes: :yes: :yes:

Stickman
02-20-2004, 12:10 PM
Oh Man, this is going to be FK'N GREAT if this all goes down. I'm marking out like crazy if this happens.

Orton, Batista, Maven, Cade, Jindrack :yes: :yes: :yes:

I won't be, I'll probably fall asleep everytime they come on TV. Maven is useless, Cade sucks as well. Jindrack could be alright. But seriously, they won't draw my interest or any money for the company.

The CyNick
02-20-2004, 02:08 PM
Hogan vs Austin wouldnt be a bad idea for WM XXI, but its not an easy match to get in the ring because of the egos involved. Its a money match that hasn't happened, so it'll probably happen at Mania one of these years.

In terms of the cage deal, I dont see why they would do another HHH vs Foley match, seems like a waste of time. If Foley is going to put someone over, it might as well be Orton not Hunter (again). I think they were talking about HBK vs HHH in a HIAC, because that is the only match they haven't done.

The New Evolution thing was supposed to happen already, but they decided to hold off (which was smart), so yeah it'll probably happen sometime this year, maybe around Survivor Series/Royal Rumble time.

Volchok
02-20-2004, 04:41 PM
"Triple H: "The Game" will be tested when two individuals look to end his run as the most dominant athlete in the sport. First, an old rival will come back to haunt the Cerebral Assassin. This retired legend will make his dramatic, one time only return to the ring for a match inside an unforgiving steel structure. Next, a close friend and prot'eg'e of Hunter's will turn on him and try to gain fame by stealing Triple H's glory. This hungry, young lion will stop at nothing to kill Hunter's legend and show everyone why he is that damn good."

The close friend and prot'eg'e of Triple H is most likely Orton... i dont know about the old rival... but i dont think it will be HBK or Foley... HBK and HHH has happend too many times... and its not that old of a rival for Triple H... it has to be somone from way back... maybe if Rock stops wrestling and does movies full time will have one last run against HHH.. they had some good matchs and there fued was good back in the DX/ Nation days.. but hey im most likey wrong

Savio
02-20-2004, 04:46 PM
In terms of the cage deal, I dont see why they would do another HHH vs Foley match, seems like a waste of time. If Foley is going to put someone over, it might as well be Orton not Hunter (again). I think they were talking about HBK vs HHH in a HIAC, because that is the only match they haven't done.

Perhaps taker?

Savio
02-20-2004, 04:47 PM
I won't be, I'll probably fall asleep everytime they come on TV. Maven is useless, Cade sucks as well. Jindrack could be alright. But seriously, they won't draw my interest or any money for the company.Maven's wrestling is imporving He just needs to work on the mike.

Rock Bottom
02-20-2004, 05:09 PM
The close friend and prot'eg'e of Triple H is most likely Orton... i dont know about the old rival... but i dont think it will be HBK or Foley... HBK and HHH has happend too many times... and its not that old of a rival for Triple H... it has to be somone from way back... maybe if Rock stops wrestling and does movies full time will have one last run against HHH.. they had some good matchs and there fued was good back in the DX/ Nation days.. but hey im most likey wrong

The Rock and Triple H have feuded more than Triple H and Michaels, IIRC.

And as far as the Hogan vs. Austin match, I still think that match wouldn't be all that great. But it is the WWE afterall.

Mr. Nerfect
02-20-2004, 05:31 PM

I'm pretty sure "kill Hunter's legend" refers to Randy Orton. I'm sure Batista will be an opponent of Triple H's too. But the legend one has me stumped. HBK/Mick Foley popped into my head too, but reading on it lists Austin as semi-retired. Michaels and Foley are more active than Austin at the moment. An old rival might refer to Someone from WCW. Maybe Randy Savage? My analisis of this rumour is that it could very well happen. Especially the young lion one. The Steel Cage/HIAC seems to be realistic too.

Seems to be true, or just speculation. I think Batista will turn face, and will get a title shot, but that being a prediction isn't too big. Batista vs. Triple H would be big, especially with the Leviathan gimmick. :drool:

Eric Bischoff: "Easy E" will make a phone call to an old friend from his WCW days to lure a WWE legend back to the ring for one last run. This returning star will woo the Texas Rattlesnake out of semi-retirement for one of the most highly anticipated matchups ever. At the biggest spectacle of them all, the two pioneers will wage war to see who truly is the biggest icon in sports-entertainment. The chances are that this battle will have such lasting effets that the loser may never be able to show his face on TV again.

True or false, I'll say false, yet there is some truth to it. I'm sure something like this has been talked about before, but I wouldn't say this is based on anything. It seems creatively planned, but I don't think it is a accurate prediction so to speak. Re-reading this, Hogan is the most likely, IMO. Russo could be that "friend". Russo could do a Bischoff and not be creatively involved on RAW, but still play a role as Chief of Staff or something. Maybe Jimmy Hart could be that friend also? Hogan vs. Austin would draw, but I doubt it will happen. The only other guys I can think of are Jake Roberts and Bret Hart.

Shawn Michaels: HBK will continue to defy doctors by wrestling full-time for the better part of the year, but he will take a much needed break to re-evaluate his career goals and make a decision that may leave a lot of fans in shock. While he won't retire . Michaels will challenge a certain individual to a special match that will have fans talking for years to come.

Bret Hart? Maybe. Chris Benoit came to my mind first, but re-reading that paragraph changed my mind. Maybe it will be someone that is not clear to us right now. Like Edge or Matt Hardy.

Maven:This will be the breakout year for the co-winner of WWE's first Tough Enough. A key alliance that will cost him the support of the fans will actually take Maven to the next level and make him a legitimate contender. By year's end, people will see a side of Maven they never knew existed.

Heel turn and New Evolution, enough said.

Orton does to triple H as Rock did to Faarooq. Orton turns heel and then becomes one the the biggest stars in the history of the company. Maybe we could even see Orton main eventing WrestleMania XXI.

Other Small Notes: Also on this thing is says that Kane will fall in love like a beauty and the beast type story with a certain Diva. Then by Stacy Keiblers name it says to look at Kane. So im guessing Stacy will be the diva if this happens. Next to Garrison Cade and Mark Jindrak it says see Orton so my guess is that Jindrak and Cade will be among the young blood with Orton. For Shane McMahon it says that a superstar will get mad at him for using one of his top rope moves. Next to RVD it says look at Shane so my guess is RVD will be pissed at Shane for using the Van Terminator. It also mentions that Gail Kim will go to Smackdown and that Lance Storm will go to Smackdown and fight a certain American (Angle).

The Kane/Stacy one seems likely, but I can't help but think of Kane/Tori. I think it would be good if Kane turned face for that time, but then turned of Stacy. A new even bigger heel Kane is born.

Jindrak & Cade seems to be self-explanitory. I would expect them to win the World Tag Team Championship from Booker T & Rob Van Dam soon.

RVD seems to be turning heel, which is good. I can see Shane shining as the face above RVD, before roles are reversed. I think a match between the two at Summerslam would be good.

GAil Kim would be a good face to have on SmackDown!, but for such a talented person, she would be better off in the Women's division.

Lance Storm going to SmackDown! seems to be an on and off rumour. Lance would be good on SD!, but I don't think it's likely. Maybe at Vengeance or Summerslam we could see Angle/Storm?

Savio
02-20-2004, 11:14 PM
::::Orton does to triple H as Rock did to Faarooq. Orton turns heel and then becomes one the the biggest stars in the history of the company. Maybe we could even see Orton main eventing WrestleMania XXI.::::

Perhaps Ric most likely HHH though?

Deceit
02-21-2004, 01:57 AM
Lance Storm going to SmackDown! seems to be an on and off rumour. Lance would be good on SD!, but I don't think it's likely. Maybe at Vengeance or Summerslam we could see Angle/Storm?

I always thought Lance was better suited on Smackdown!. If only Benoit were still on smackdown. Benoit/Storm would be sweet, but Angle/Storm would be pretty cool too

Corkscrewed
02-21-2004, 03:35 AM
Maven's wrestling is imporving He just needs to work on the mike.

I thought it was Maven's wrestling skills that sucked while his mic skills were what got him the TE title.

Bad Guy
02-21-2004, 03:35 AM
I predict this will be another crappy year.

Showstopper
02-21-2004, 09:45 PM
I mentioned these earlier.
I figured Benoit -vs- Micheals Ladder,,but i was wrong :(
Kane and Stacy,,,,HEH.
NEW and IMPROVED Evolution,,,,I like it, but maybe Batista would get jealous of new leader Orton, and will start a "i'm the leader" feud

thuganomicalcrippler
02-22-2004, 11:21 AM
Whoa...hold on there!

Firstly, all these predictions seem too... well "predictiony" to come true. Now I'm a new fan and I don't know how accurate these "predictions" are, but they SOUND way too far fetched to ALL happen within a year.