PDA

View Full Version : TNA should make more impacts like last night.

PullMyFinger
02-09-2007, 01:10 PM
I dont know if anyone else saw that, but it was fantastic all around I thought. Yeah, the matches were short, but what do you expect..they only have one hour and if you ask me TNA can't even be contained in a one hour show anymore.

But anyhow, HEEL AJ Styles is fantastic and his mic work yesterday with Christian was great. I have to say, one thing they're doing right is this new heel stable with CC, AJ, Tomko, and Steiner. Steiner debuted again last night after he attacked Angle.

It also seems like Christopher Daniels might be moving in the Heavyweight Division now. I don't know if thats a good or bad thing. For one, Daniels is great, but let's be honest with ourselves...TNA's heavyweight division is a cluster fuck with so many people. They need an IC or US Championship belt badly.

McLegend
02-09-2007, 01:18 PM
Impact was horrible

Jesus Christ was it bad. I liked Christian and AJ, but my God it was terrible. Sting looked like fucking idiot last night. Why would anyone feel bad about Sting getting his ass kicked by Abyss when Sting went and attacked a helpless old man?

Also that Nash segment was the least funniest thing I have ever seen. Unless you are TOVO and BDC I don't see how anyone could find that funny.

Also TNA can't even book the titles they have now.

TNA is terrible.

Londoner
02-09-2007, 02:37 PM
Two very different opinions..hmmm...when is it on on the UK on Bravo these days?Saturday?

Innovator
02-09-2007, 02:42 PM
6 minutes of overall wrestling on the show

Heartbreak MShake
02-09-2007, 02:43 PM
Yeah, it was nothing special...

blake639raw
02-09-2007, 02:54 PM
Steiner dont really fit imo. They should replace him with Shelley.

Christian, AJ, Shelley, & Tomko = :drool:

Destor
02-09-2007, 02:55 PM
If TNA puts on another show that looks like that I'll stop watching.

McLegend
02-09-2007, 02:57 PM
If TNA puts on another show that looks like that I'll stop watching.
TNA has been putting on shows like that for the past 2 months.

Destor
02-09-2007, 02:58 PM
Not like that.

Destor
02-09-2007, 02:58 PM
BESIDES, I SAID IF THEY DO IT ONE MORE MORE TIME.

McLegend
02-09-2007, 03:03 PM
They have been putting on shows EXACTLY like that. I'm not kidding.

Also you never said If they do it more time

Destor
02-09-2007, 03:06 PM
Another = once more

St. Jimmy
02-09-2007, 04:17 PM
Like the part last night where random jobber flipped around the ring after a clothesline and then the NEW AGE OUTLAWS said something stupid about WWE, and they rehashed their only angle which is Joe/Angle.

See, I watched Grey's last night - and I will still bet I got atleast one of the three facts I stated right.

Loose Cannon
02-09-2007, 05:11 PM
I've been saying Heel AJ on the mic os 10000x better then Face AJ on the mic. Watch TNA from 2002

PullMyFinger
02-09-2007, 05:42 PM
Wait wait wait, I think people are being a little too over critical. First off, yeah that Nash segment wasn't even funny and it sucked. I think they're losing ideas for that.

However, the AJ and Christian segments were great I thought and overall it was a great show. Then again, maybe I'm just like a casual fan who watches something without thinking a lot about it. I thought it was great tho.

Kane Knight
02-09-2007, 05:51 PM
I haven't seen TNA in ages, but if Destor's willing to stop watching, I've got to disagree with PMF.

Fox
02-09-2007, 09:06 PM
Impact was horrible

Jesus Christ was it bad. I liked Christian and AJ, but my God it was terrible. Sting looked like fucking idiot last night. Why would anyone feel bad about Sting getting his ass kicked by Abyss when Sting went and attacked a helpless old man?

You obviously don't watch TNA, because if you did, you would know that James Mitchell is not just "a helpless old man." There's a whole fucking storyline going on, and you see it and say "huh, Sting beating up an old man."

Last night's Impact wasn't really that stellar to be honest. I'm used to seeing more wrestling and less promos, and it gets annoying to see the same four guys get multiple segments on a one hour show (referring to Christian, Angle, Joe and Tomko).

However, Kurt Angle and Samoa Joe's promo was absolute brilliance. Angle's "Oh it's REAL. It's DAMN REAL" was about as intense of a line as I've seen the man deliver. Watch it again. It's almost scary.

Nash's segment was a waste of time and just not very funny. But if it helps to develop the X-Division stars even a little bit, then I guess it's not all bad.

McLegend
02-09-2007, 10:39 PM
You obviously don't watch TNA, because if you did, you would know that James Mitchell is not just "a helpless old man." There's a whole fucking storyline going on, and you see it and say "huh, Sting beating up an old man."

I watch TNA all the time, and I know all about their gay feud. I know that James Mitchell has been great. Seriosuly he is an awsome promo guy.

One of the best in business. That segment when Sting was kicking Mitchell's ass in the prison yard which could have been the worst thing ever, but James Mitchell just totally saved that segment, and he was fantastic. Seriously James Mitchell should be talked more on TPWW, becasue he is that good at promos. He is the most underrated on this board.

Now back on topic

Why would Sting why would Sting go out his way to beat up James Mitchell again? Yeah I know, it's because Mitchell is pulling the strings, and that he is the real bad guy there, but is James Mitchell any threat to Sting one on one?

Then to top it all off Sting gets his ass handed to him, and comes off looking like an idiot.

That segment was supposed to make me want to buy the PPV, and it failed.

I have always been a big TNA supporter. I have always gone against popular opinon here and said TNA is better then what some people give it credit for.

Now though I dread Thursday nights. When I say that you know it's bad.

Jeritron
02-09-2007, 10:53 PM
I guess in principle Sting beating up Mitchell is like Austin or Taker beating up Paul Bearer. But it still wasn't good, but in the latter it was.

St. Jimmy
02-09-2007, 10:56 PM
I guess in principle Sting beating up Mitchell is like Austin or Taker beating up Paul Bearer. But it still wasn't good, but in the latter it was.

Please don't compare Sting to Austin again. PLEASE. Sting sucks reguardless of what he does, and Austin can completely save the wrestling industry whenever he feels like it.

Jeritron
02-09-2007, 10:58 PM
I said the scenario and logic behind it is similar. I then went on to say that the Sting version sucks. Whereas Austin doing it was classic.

McLegend
02-09-2007, 10:58 PM
Exaclty, but Sting isn't Austin. Austin could pull off that shades of grey stuff. Sting can't.

This isn't 1998. Shades of grey characters aren't that great anymore.

Also TNA and Soap Opera storylines just don't mix.

Jeritron
02-09-2007, 11:02 PM
I know. Were my 2 setences, and the follow up clarification that hard to understand.

I compared the situations, and stated the rehash isn't as good. In no way did I say Sting is as good as or equal to Austin, or that it works in current times.

I also wanna go on record as saying I think both the segment, and the entire Sting Abyss fued sucks. On the other hand, Austin is a god and when he beat on Paul Bearer it was gold.

McLegend
02-09-2007, 11:04 PM
I know. Were my 2 setences, and the follow up clarification that hard to understand.

I compared the situations, and stated the rehash isn't as good. In no way did I say Sting is as good as or equal to Austin, or that it works in current times.

I also wanna go on record as saying I think both the segment, and the entire Sting Abyss fued sucks. On the other hand, Austin is a god and when he beat on Paul Bearer it was gold.
I knew what you were saying, but I was just going further with it.

Jeritron
02-09-2007, 11:04 PM
fuck TNA

Kane Knight
02-10-2007, 10:00 AM
When even Fox has given up fellating TNA, it's time to put it out of its misery.

RP
02-10-2007, 10:09 AM
Could you imagine Christian, AJ, Shelly and Nash. That would be amazing. Maybe even toss Starr in there i dunno. That would be a huge building block for TNA. To have a stable like that. It would really get there faces over too.