PDA

View Full Version : City Of Heroes

Impeccable
02-10-2007, 03:40 AM
Hey guys

I'm a bit of a comic fan, and was wondering if anyone could recommend this game. Is it any good? Is it worth the monthly subscription fee?

Any comments would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Silent
02-10-2007, 03:59 AM
How familiar with MMORPGs are you?

Impeccable
02-10-2007, 04:08 AM
Not so familiar. Never played one, but I know the premise behind them. Maybe you could also tell me about WOW, as I watched an episode of South Park based on that. (Pure comedy BTW).

also, I have a Dell Dimension 3000 to run it on. While it is not a gaming machine, I can play games such as Dawn Of War, etc. Does either COH or WOW require a graphics card with pixel shader or will my shitty on board graphics not be able to play it?

Extreme Angle
02-10-2007, 05:12 AM
see if you got the system requirements...
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/games/gameadvisor/default.mspx

ClockShot
02-10-2007, 10:09 AM
I believe a the combo pack of City of Heroes and Villians came out. However, for MMORPGs. You may need a credit card or buy scratch cards to play.

Silent
02-10-2007, 07:28 PM
Not so familiar. Never played one, but I know the premise behind them. Maybe you could also tell me about WOW, as I watched an episode of South Park based on that. (Pure comedy BTW).

also, I have a Dell Dimension 3000 to run it on. While it is not a gaming machine, I can play games such as Dawn Of War, etc. Does either COH or WOW require a graphics card with pixel shader or will my shitty on board graphics not be able to play it?

I think WoW runs better then CoH/CoV. Both games are fairly easy to pick up and learn, but I personally think WoW has much more substance and will hold your attention longer if you're interested in it.

CoH turns into a chore around level 20, but WoW stays pretty fun the whole way through. That's just my thoughts though.

The Fugitive
02-10-2007, 07:47 PM
I have to agree with Silent. It can become a chore. I probably play once a month now because it feels like a drag doing this mission, killing this enemy... just very repetitive. Doesn't help that people can get very pushy in the game.

One huge positive that the game has is it's character creation feature. It really is massive and you gain more content the longer you're signed up. I can find myself spending hours customizing an character.

I know FileFront has a 14-day trial of CoH/CoV, I'm not sure if that's still going on but it's worth looking into.

Silent
02-10-2007, 07:50 PM
Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that, CoH has an incredible character creation system. WoW's creation system has a lot less depth, but the amount of equipment you can pick up with unique graphics in-game makes up for it.