PDA

View Full Version : Owen Hart vs Skinner - WM8

addy2hotty
02-10-2007, 08:01 PM
Was there an official reason for the shortness of this match? I remember as a kid that I was waiting to see this match as I was a mark of sorts for Skinner. I used to like the heels who came out to no music, just boo's.

Then they carved up a 90 second match. Was a bit disappointed at the time.

Gertner
02-10-2007, 08:11 PM
because it was owen hart vs skinner

addy2hotty
02-10-2007, 08:37 PM
because it was owen hart vs skinner

Case closed, I guess.

Übermensch
02-10-2007, 10:27 PM
I actually liked how that match turned out...Owen got tossed, pulled himself back in, and rolled up Skinner. I thought it was clever.

As for why it was so short, I can't substansiate this, but I believe I read somewhere a while ago that they needed to cut it down because some other match went too long...this could have been another show, but I believe they may have canceled another match too, involving the Headshrinkers or something.

mrslackalack
02-10-2007, 11:52 PM
Yeah the show ran so much longer than expected (I believe the Savage/Flair match aftermath and stuff) And they had to cut time so Owen vs Skinner was real short and the British Bulldog vs Berzerker match got pulled even though it was advertised as being a part of the card.

The One
02-11-2007, 12:41 AM
More interesting question...why was Skinner given 90 seconds of time during a WrestleMania in the first place?

RP
02-11-2007, 12:57 AM
Skinner is a former IC champion btw.

KayfabeMan
02-11-2007, 07:38 AM
Steve Keirn is a good wrestler actually.

As Steve Keirn, with The Fabulous Ones, as Doink, as Skinner, etc.

He's had a lot of great matches and is a very sound wrestler. I had the pleasure of watching him live on a number of occasions, and he's been A+

Dorkchop
02-12-2007, 12:05 AM
I saw (live) Skinner kick a guy in the head who ran in the ring during a battle royal. That was awesome.

Also during that show Ultimate Warrior broke Pappa Shango's curse and some guy ran in the ring before Macho Man made his way to the ring (His music was playing) and security tackled him.

It's not just the south (US) that has wrestling hicks. They're all over North America.

DaveWadding
02-12-2007, 02:59 AM
As for why it was so short, I can't substansiate this, but I believe I read somewhere a while ago that they needed to cut it down because some other match went too long...this could have been another show, but I believe they may have canceled another match too, involving the Headshrinkers or something.

WM X that was. They had the 10 man tag the next night on RAW

Rob
02-14-2007, 02:53 PM
Skinner is a former IC champion btw.

Is that so?

Loose Cannon
02-14-2007, 03:17 PM
this is pretty sick, but as soon as I saw the topic, the ending for this match flashed through my head. I can remember a match like Owen/Skinner at Mania 8, but can't remember matches from a month ago.

Rob
02-14-2007, 03:27 PM
I can't remember matches from last night dude.