PDA

View Full Version : Our picks for the 2007 Hall Of Fame

Marc the Smark
02-19-2007, 07:12 PM
So, who do you think should be in there this year?

I've composed a short list of people who haven't been inducted, and you can either pick from these or think of your own people.

Miss Elizabeth
Randy Savage
Ric Flair
HillBilly Jim
Lord Alfred Hayes
Mr. Fuji
Bam Bam Bigelow
Mr. Perfect Curt Henning
The Big BossMan
The Ultimate Warrior
The Legion of Doom, The Road Warriors
Rick Rude
Ken Patera
Brian Pillman
Jake Roberts
Honky Tonk Man
King Kong Bundy
Rick Martel
Adrian Adonis
Dick Murdoch
Ricky Steamboat
Ted DiBiase
Jim Ross
Jerry Lawler
Mick Foley

NeanderCarl
02-19-2007, 07:28 PM
My Class Of 2007:

Dusty Rhodes
Mr. T
Howard Finkel
Paul Bearer
Ted DiBiase
Sunny
Curt Hennig
Road Warriors
Steve Austin

NeanderCarl
02-19-2007, 07:31 PM
If they are putting the Von Erichs in this year, they should also put the Freebirds in.

And if Steamboat is going in, then Savage should go in on the 20th anniversary of their classic WM3 bout.

Xero
02-19-2007, 07:32 PM
Funny, I had it in my head that Liz was put in like two years ago...

Crossrine
02-19-2007, 07:34 PM
I really hope that Mike Awesome gets inducted. I've heard the sheik may be inducted.

Xero
02-19-2007, 07:36 PM
For some reason I see Bam Bam having more chance of getting in than Awesome.

Londoner
02-19-2007, 07:53 PM
Slightly off topic but does anyone think Angle will ever get in the hall of fame now he's in TNA?

My list would be:

Dusty Rhodes
Bam Bam Bigelow
Mick Foley
The Rock
Steve Austin

Now that would get me to order WM...

(btw im pretty sure Flair has been inducted i remember him giving a speech about it)

Crossrine
02-19-2007, 08:09 PM
I dont think the wwe site has flair in the hall of fame. You think Awesome not being inducted has to do with the suicide? But then again so did the Von Erichs...

Xero
02-19-2007, 08:13 PM
Not the (alleged) suicide but that he didn't do much in WWE/WWF. Bigelow main evented a WrestleMania and had a pretty strong WWF career.

Xero
02-19-2007, 08:15 PM
Don't get me wrong, I think Awesome will get it, but the WWE would put Bigelow in before him, and rightfully so.

Crossrine
02-19-2007, 08:17 PM
Oh ya I get what you mean now. But I mean he kicked ass in ECW and WCW. But who knows Vince is crazy

Jeritron
02-19-2007, 08:18 PM
Stone Cold should be put in there next year if not this year. I don't care if hes not an old timer. It's been longer since he's wrestled a match than Hogan and Piper.

Loose Cannon
02-19-2007, 11:18 PM
Mike Awesome belongs nowhere near the Hall of Fame. get out of here. what has he done?

McLegend
02-19-2007, 11:20 PM
Mike Awesome was good, but he's no Hall of Famer.

NeanderCarl
02-19-2007, 11:20 PM
I really don't see WWE ever putting Mike Awesome into the Hall Of Fame. Not EVERYBODY can go in there, and only a very select few will ever make it who achieved their success outside of WWE.

But on that note, I wouldn't be surprised to see Eric Bischoff go into the Hall, a la Verne Gagne.

Flair is not currently in the HOF.

Xero
02-20-2007, 07:09 AM
Mike Awesome belongs nowhere near the Hall of Fame. get out of here. what has he done?
He died. That's reason enough for the WWE.

NeanderCarl
02-20-2007, 04:18 PM
I suppose he WAS the ECW World Champion, twice. But I doubt WWE puts much stock into the "prestige" of being ECW World champion. (Even now!)

Rammsteinmad
02-20-2007, 04:21 PM
If there was a proper ECW Hall of Fame Awesome would be one of the first five people I put in there, but a WWE Hall of Fame? That's funnier than JR's commentating.

Xero
02-20-2007, 04:22 PM
If there was a proper ECW Hall of Fame Awesome would be one of the first five people I put in there, but a WWE Hall of Fame? That's funnier than JR's commentating.
That's completely moot now that they've inducted Gagne.

Russenmafia
02-20-2007, 05:43 PM
Hope the Million Dollar Man get in this year.

Has Ricky Steamboat been in the HOF yet?

ClockShot
02-20-2007, 07:04 PM
When Dusty Rhodes got nominated last week, Curt Hennig last night. I had a brainstorm and thought to myself. "Are they doing the playable legends from Smackdown vs. Raw 2007 for the hall of fame this year?"

"If" this is what I'm thinking they are doing, my list would be.

Dusty Rhodes (in)
Curt Hennig (in)
Bam Bam Bigelow
Mick Foley
Jerry Lawler
Sunny
Ted Dibiase
Cassius Clay/Muhammad Ali (For the celebrity wing)

Also. If they are announcing one every Raw. Which is what I'm assuming. How many for the class this year?

Destor
02-20-2007, 07:14 PM
That's completely moot now that they've inducted Gagne.I can think of a lot of dead wrestlers that aren't in the HoF. The majority of guys who get in just because they died have pretty strong legacies anyhow, or are linked to famous wrestling families.

Awesome has no buisness near the HoF. EVER.

KingofOldSchool
02-20-2007, 09:49 PM
Mike Awesome being in the WWE HOF wouldn't be so awesome.

#1-norm-fan
02-20-2007, 11:17 PM
Anyone who thinks Mike Awesome should or will go into the WWE Hall of Fame has severe mental problems.

See you in a year!

NeanderCarl
02-21-2007, 12:12 AM
I always use this line, but Mike Awesome is as deserving of a place in the Hall of Fame as chauffeur James Dudley, jobber/crap trainer Johnny Rodz, jobber Baron Scicluna, baseballer Pete Rose, footballer William Perry etc etc

In MY personal Hall Of Fame, Awesome wouldn't make the cut. But by WWE's evident standards, he should go in.

NeanderCarl
02-21-2007, 12:14 AM
Also, the man who single-handedly trained more stars than any other man in the business, Stu Hart, never seems to get mentioned for Hall Of Fame entry. There's a man who is more than deserving.

Also, how bout Eddy Sharkey? He trained a lot of big names in the business too.

These are two men who have actually contributed to the business beyond their time in the spotlight.

Rammsteinmad
02-21-2007, 02:48 AM
NeanderCarl is right. What's up with Stu Hart not being mentioned?

Avenger
02-21-2007, 05:36 AM
My pick for the HoF:

http://www.wrestlezone.com/images/galleries/randy_orton_smoking/001.jpg

94 SVT Cobra
02-21-2007, 09:12 AM
For some reason I see Bam Bam having more chance of getting in than Awesome.
I think bam bam is a definate, if not for this year beacuse of his tragic passing but, no one really seems to remember how good of a wrestler he actually was. one of the few big men who could actually "move" in the ring. Id hope at least they would have put him in at some point in the future if he didnt pass away this year.

NeanderCarl
02-22-2007, 03:01 AM
Wow, Orton's a tubby fucker, ain't he?

NeanderCarl
02-22-2007, 03:03 AM
If there's any justice in the world, Randy Orton will never go into the Hall Of Fame. Hopefully, he'll go the way of Scott Hall and fade into oblivion.

In fact, I say induct Bob Orton next. And Barry 'O'. That way, Randy can be the only wrestler left in his family who got shut out. Fuck him.

Crossrine
02-23-2007, 05:57 PM
Even though Awesome didnt main event wrestlemania or be dominant in WWE I think he deserves to get into some kind of wrestling hall of fame. Not alot of guys his size could do what he did.

FBI mark
02-23-2007, 06:19 PM
My list would include...

Dusty Rhodes
Mr. Perfect
Brian Pillman (have Austin induct him)
The Shiek (since I hear he's going in)
Bam Bam Bigalow
Ric Rude
Mr. T

I don't want any tag teams nominated for the HOF until the WWE fixes the current state of tag team wrestling!

NeanderCarl
02-23-2007, 11:54 PM
I don't want any tag teams nominated for the HOF until the WWE fixes the current state of tag team wrestling!

Yes, because why the hell should the Road Warriors, Rock n' Roll Express, Brain Busters or Wild Samoans be given a reward for their years of effort, when Cryme Tyme and The Highlanders aren't out there busting their asses in 2007?! Damn right! Fuck 'em.