PDA

View Full Version : What would you like in Madden 08?

MTH15
02-19-2007, 07:30 PM
Just wondering personally I'd like

*Pro Bowl Skills challenge
*Pro Bowl weekend in Franchise or Superstar mode.
*More enhanced superstar. Like you control your money and you can buy cars, look at the type of cars, look at houses.
* More on that last one. Say in Superstar you win the Pro Bowl skills challenge fastest man and you win 20,000$. You put it in your bank. You have a personally bank. You start out with 100,000 and choose your apartment.
* Walk around your house.
* Instead of getting an agent for the Performance institute you can buy one and go train in your backyard. Storylines, more things the player does off the field.
*And make the draft more...real. Make yourself actually at the draft, Choose your Jersey number while at the draft,

Now if those ideas above aren't good ideas for Madden..IDK there really good ideas though. I'll update my ideas from time to time.

weather vane
02-19-2007, 08:07 PM
Superstar mode is pretty shit but yeah if they did some more stuff it would be OK.

What I would like to see ...

- Since they now have ESPN signed they can have some GREAT pregame shows and stuff along those lines. Make it more realistic as far as TV production goes. To me that helps the game a lot. Like when you go to the Super Bowl it is just like every other game and is just pointless. Also half time reports and just all that sort of stuff.

- Improve the little things in the gameplay. Fumbles are retarded and pretty much make no sense when they happen. Like I mean the ball will be fumbled and then guys are just looking no where and don't pick it up. Also penalties are just stupid. When they actually call something it makes really no sense. They need to call different kinds of penalties.

- Make kicking from farther away harder and also is it is in the wind or bad weather. Kicking long field goals in way too easy.

Fuck I will edit this when I think of more. There is so many I had yesterday when we were playing it.

DrA
02-19-2007, 09:38 PM
More realistic offensive line/defensive line action

More realistic catches/secondary protection

Better crowd reactions

Much, much better Super Bowl endings. Also a halftime show would be nice.

More realistic punt returns. 90% of the time all you can do is a fair catch

More variety in the play book

Nervous Ferret
02-19-2007, 11:14 PM
-Yes Pregame/Postgame show/Halftime reports would be sick. That was the best part about the ESPN NFL game.
-Yeah better penalty calling. It is pretty riciculous
-Better crowd reactions, also better sound. Something similar to what NCAA Football does would be sweet
-Harder to kick field goals
-Improvement on Turnovers, the fumbles are ridiculous and INTs can be pretty dumb at times too

OssMan
02-19-2007, 11:25 PM
-More injuries, you simulate a whole season and your entire team goes down but play all 16 games and it's rare to see 2 players out
-A whole lot more tackles, tired of seeing the 5 basic tackles on every play

Mr. Monday Morning
02-20-2007, 07:31 AM
They SHOULD use the ESPN licence to the full but I'll be surprised if they ever do. The development cycle is such that they HAVE to get it out at a certain time every year otherwise their shareholders will basically pitch a fit and they'll go bankrupt. Or something. It needs a lot more work to overhaul the presentation of the whole game than it does to introduce a cone coming out of the QB's head, basically.

The challenge system with regard to catches being in or out of bounds is retarded and needs a serious overhaul. It seems completely random whether it gets called in or out.

I am with DrA on punt returns especially. I simmed a season with Pacman and he had like 8 punt return TDs or something ridiculous, I don't think I've had that many in like 3 years of playing Madden.

Offensive blocking in general just needs an AI overhaul, as it is just fucking pathetic at times.

I wish they would tweak the lob/bullet pass sensitivity a bit as I find it really hard to find a good middle ground between throwing a missile and throwing one into the lights.

Secondary AI definitely needs work as well, can't count the number of times I've seen a CB in perfect position to deflect a pass and instead they go for the INT, miss by like a mile and give up a TD. Fucking infuriating. ESPN 2k5 had fucking GREAT interceptions.

In fact to expand on that, pretty much every little 'innovation' that EA have brought out in the last 2 years (sans QB Vision and the control your block thing) was in 2k5 already. It's ridiculous how far ahead of the curve that game was. Having re-bought it recently I can appreciate just how freaking great it is.

MTH15
02-20-2007, 07:38 AM
Damn nice one. I think like on NBA Live and NCAA have the ESPN sponsers and stuff. Have Greatest games on there too. And lmao at that fumble one. This guy juked the wrong way and fumbled on me yesterday -.-

Mr. Monday Morning
02-20-2007, 03:03 PM
It's stupid little things as well. They can't be bothered to expand the number of spaces for player names, so they have to abbreviate the name of a fucking Superbowl winning QB (Big Ben).

Or the player pictures. When were they last updated outside of the rookies? They don't even have them for guys like Merriman.

It basically proves that for all the money they spent on the ESPN and exclusive licences they didn't do it to make the best game possible, they did it to put the 2k series out of business. Fucking pricks.

Superstar mode has so much potential, as well, it's just annoying to see it squandered. They could add an RPG lite element to it, so you choose how to react to say, getting hazed at training camp, or an opposing player talking trash to you during the game. Stuff like that could affect your influence ratings, how well liked/disliked you are by different teammates, how much faith the coach has in you, things like that.

The practice thing is stupid too. Instead of just making you do an open practice god only knows how many times a season, they should mix it up so you can choose individual drills, conditioning work, stuff like that. And when it comes to the gameplan stuff they should expand it to more than 3 plays - plus say if for example you're the 4th string CB when you start, when it comes to gameplans you should work against the starting offence emulating the defence of the team you're going to play. Once you work your way into a starting role you practice with the starters against the practice squad.

And yeah, they should expand the off the field stuff so you basically live the life. The whole sponsorship thing is retarded, you should at least be able to pick and choose what you endorse. The movies bit is shit as well, every year you get the same responses and messages regardless of whether you've actually done a film or not. They should definitely expand the media stuff as well, these guys get interviewed all the time, not twice a year. And they should take into account location when they do this stuff too, so say if you move to New York you get a lot more PR type stuff than you do in say Jacksonville.

I've probably got other stuff I've thought of that I can't remember. So, so wish they would just pull their shit together.

MTH15
02-20-2007, 06:26 PM
Thats a lot. And yea the little stuff they do in Madden could help the game unlock. I've also thought of some more.

*Unlockables, not in Madden card form. Say you win 12 games in a season on all-madden and untouched AI's. You can get Burger King man if you do that.
And if you win the super bowl you unlock the Diet Pepsi machine in the next years draft. These little things can enhance the gameplay.

*Make the field enviroment more realistic (PS2).
*Coach Mode. Instead of making a whole game called Head Coach make it a mode if they want it that badly -.-
*Every position in superstar has different storylines.

If they update superstar mode with these things I've mentioned, it will be NICE. And I think I might go pick me up a copy of ESPN 2K5. Speaking of..

*Historic Games mode. Play 50 of the greatest games and you win unlockable/madden cards if you beat them.

Madden to me has potential to be the best sports game out there.

RP
02-21-2007, 09:50 AM
No more Randy Bombs

No more Vick Sweeps

No Field Goal blocking glitch

No punting glittch

Dont put Peyton Manning on the cover please.

MTH15
02-21-2007, 05:50 PM
Only QB's and RB's and 1 LB have made the cover....DB plz? And make the kick blocking easier like on NCAA. I have NEVER blocked a kick on madden. Not even with cards

Mr. Monday Morning
02-22-2007, 01:32 PM
What DB would you put on there? Champ Bailey? I guess you could maybe go with Ed Reed or someone like that. Steve Smith?

RP
02-22-2007, 01:38 PM
What DB would you put on there? Champ Bailey? I guess you could maybe go with Ed Reed or someone like that. Steve Smith?

Bob Sanders.... No i take that back dont put anyone from the Colts on the cover please thank you.

Kalyx triaD
02-22-2007, 01:42 PM
XB360 version should play like PS2 version.

MTH15
02-22-2007, 02:00 PM
Any DB from the Pro Bowl really. I say the cover man should be a WR or a DB this time. I think Chad Johnson or Steve Smith as WR or for DB Ed Reed, Champ Bailey, and I would say D.Hall but he didn't do A LOT this year.. not as much as Champ and Ed.

Nervous Ferret
02-22-2007, 02:17 PM
Pretty sure they put like the top 10 or 12 players from last season put them in a hat and pick one out. I remember seeing something on Donovan McNabb and they asked him about the Madden Cover and thats what he said.

Nervous Ferret
02-22-2007, 02:17 PM
With that being said I'm sure LT will find his way on the cover

Kris P Lettus
02-22-2007, 02:23 PM
-A superstar mode that didn't completely suck balls

-Al Michaels and Madden get mad annoying.. Need some other sound bits and whatnot

-A decent soundtrack wouldn't hurt..

-Team logos on helmets and whatnot when you create a uni..

I'll think of more..

MTH15
02-22-2007, 02:32 PM
Yea soundtracks. Instead of putting no good hip-hop songs on there expand your music. Put songs someone knows. Like on Madden 2003 they Had Bone-Crusher and Joey with two popular songs. And the Nappy Roots. Put 5 GOOD popular hip hop songs and some rock n roll. And have local commentators. And like myself and like 5 other people said before

ESPN

Shisen Kopf
02-22-2007, 02:46 PM
They should put Jon Kitna on the cover...like it matters if he gets hurt!

Kris P Lettus
02-22-2007, 02:48 PM
I prefered the "turbo" in ESPN games also.. Like, the faster you tap the faster you make cuts.. Much more realistic than the on or off way Madden does it..

Also, I noticed that they pick random pictures for the "newspaper" shit.. Like, Reggie Bush was out for like three weeks during my last franchise season, but he appeared in the "action" pic like two of those weeks..

O_o

MTH15
02-22-2007, 03:17 PM
Yea, like on NBA. They make it realistic. And If they pick like the 12 best people have 1 person from each position that matters like QB, RB, WR, TE, LB, DB, and KR/PR.

MTH15
03-03-2007, 11:57 AM
I dont know if I mentioned this but, in Superstar mode have the real scouting combine. Do everything from the 40, Vert, and all positional drills, and have that in Franchise instead of Rookie Workouts.