PDA

View Full Version : Vince's representative at WM (Spoilers, duh)

Stickman
02-20-2007, 12:17 PM
Umaga? Seriously? come on now. I was actually expecting Kalhi which would be worse. But, Umaga? ugh.

Stickman
02-20-2007, 12:17 PM
You'd think with a "mainstream" angle they'd put somebody the "mainstream" can care about.

Avenger
02-20-2007, 12:18 PM
yeah WTF is with this?

Trump better pick Austin or this feud is dead.

Xero
02-20-2007, 12:21 PM
I bet Trump is going Foley.

But really, at least Umaga can have decent matches. This is the majority of Khali's matches...

No-sell punch series - Punch - Punch - RAAWWWRR - Punch - RAWR - Push - Chop - RAAWRWRWWWWRRR - Pin.

Pardeep 619
02-20-2007, 12:30 PM
I reckon Trump will go for Hogan. No offence to Foley but Hogan is mainstream. Unless Trump reveals that he is a wrestling mark then it wouldn't make sense for his pick to be Foley.

Xero
02-20-2007, 12:32 PM
First of all, Trump has been saying all along that he's a "fan of the product". Secondly, it's unlikely that Hogan will wrestler after the falling out he and Vince had. Thirdly, Trump is the only thing people will buy it for if they're buying Mania for this feud alone. It wouldn't matter if it were K-Fed vs. Maria.

Mike the Metal Ed
02-20-2007, 12:32 PM
wouldn't make sense
WWE booking team.

Jeritron
02-20-2007, 12:33 PM
Nah Foley is a sentimental type pick. A good guy, who currently has a score to settle with Vince. He's got the whole New York times best seller thing going on, and the nice guy persona that Trump would love to do business with. He's a New York guy. I don't know why, but its very easy to imagine Trump picking and accompaning Mick.
It's hard to explain, but I'm sure other people can see how Foley fits as someone Trump would choose.

Xero
02-20-2007, 12:34 PM
The rumors of Foley/Umaga only more solidify it.

KingofOldSchool
02-20-2007, 12:39 PM
Jesus don't kid yourself it's all about Trump vs. McMahon, not about the wrestlers. So why waste your time moaning about who the wrestlers will be if you're worried about what the "mainstream" will think? Like Xero said, the mainstream will tune in for Donald Trump, not Umaga, not Foley, not Austin.

Jeritron
02-20-2007, 12:41 PM
I acutally look forward to a Foley Umaga match. It's not gonna be a high flying fast paced match, or a technical mat duel, but it should be a decent clash.
Foley will carry him through some big spots. And though Umaga isn't the greatest, he can perform something resembling in ring work.

I'm very happy that Hogan as far as we know is no longer a part of Wrestlemania 23. Because if he was, this match would likely be Hogan vs Khali. And next to that, Foley/Umaga is gonna look like a classic.

Xero
02-20-2007, 12:41 PM
The only name that could have somewhat of an impact is Hogan, but even so, not much.

Pardeep 619
02-20-2007, 12:45 PM
Yeah I can see what you guys are saying. It's just that I'm expecting Trump to come out on top of this and for McMahon to have his head shaved. I just can't imagine Foley going over Umaga, especially considering how much effort WWE has spent building him up. If Hogan was the pick then we know he would win.

Although if Foley was to win then that could then build up a feud between him and McMahon, culminating in a match at Summerslam. Mmmm...

Jeritron
02-20-2007, 12:46 PM
Foley is more mainstream than people think. Sure he's not Hogan, but he's Mick Foley. In 1998 the guy was voted Time Magazine man of the year and the editors wouldn't allow it. That year the Hell in a Cell was big mainstream news and he was all over 60 minutes and outside the lines and all that stuff.

As KOOS said, its not about mainstream in the wrestlers. Foley is plenty mainstream for Trump to pick him. He's clearly the right choice.

Plus Austin's going to be getting on WM23's card somewhere, obviously not wrestling. So it's most likely going to be as a part of this match. The guest enforcer or mediator or barber or who knows what.

Kane Knight
02-20-2007, 12:57 PM
Austin would definitely have an impact, and could promote his new movie, at the same time.

Too bad it won't happen. Normally, I hate Austin coming in and squashing losers, but with Umaga? Don't care.

Stickman
02-20-2007, 12:59 PM
It's obviously Trump vs McMahon, but for the mainstream to get into this feud and then become fans of the WWE again, they should have a guy that's not a joke. I dont' care how good Jamalga is in the ring, with his rediculous gimmick and than godawful face paint, the mainstream audience will laugh at how stupid it is. If they had a rassler they could latch onto and care about, they might continue to watch WWE after WM.

And Foley going over Umaga is stupid, because although it's terrible, they have built Umaga up as unstoppable. For some retired guy to beat him would be retarded, unless that retired guy is going to stick around for quite sometime.

Jeritron
02-20-2007, 12:59 PM
You don't think Austin will be a part of this matchup? I thought it was just about a sure thing that he'd be involved with Raw and WM23 very soon to promote The Condemned.
I don't know what other capacity they'd use him in other than maybe guest enforcer in the HBK/Cena match.

Jeritron
02-20-2007, 01:02 PM
It's obviously Trump vs McMahon, but for the mainstream to get into this feud and then become fans of the WWE again, they should have a guy that's not a joke. I dont' care how good Jamalga is in the ring, with his rediculous gimmick and than godawful face paint, the mainstream audience will laugh at how stupid it is. If they had a rassler they could latch onto and care about, they might continue to watch WWE after WM.

And Foley going over Umaga is stupid, because although it's terrible, they have built Umaga up as unstoppable. For some retired guy to beat him would be retarded, unless that retired guy is going to stick around for quite sometime.

The guy was rolled up and choked out by Supercena after all that push. Now he's IC champion. I don't think he's all too unstoppable now, and theres much worse things that can happen to you than losing to Mick Foley. But in all seriousness, yes normally its bad for a current superstar like Umaga to lose to a veteran. But who really cares. What future does he have after Wrestlemania anyways? Getting jobbed in a match involving Mick Foley, Donald Trump, Vince McMahon and possibly Austin is much more exposure than Umaga should get. So why should he go over?

Stickman
02-20-2007, 01:09 PM
Because he won't be that unstoppable monster anymore. Losing to Cena isn't spectacular because Cena is more unstoppable.

Jeritron
02-20-2007, 01:13 PM
Umagas career is over after Wrestlemania, at least as in terms of upward momentum. It was over after Rumble, and luckily for him, he was chosen to be put in the spot of McMahons pick that gets jobbed. Now he's just another guy who was built up as a heel and then beaten. Whats next for him after mania? The unstoppable IC champion thats not good enough to main event? He will fizzle out like all the 'unstoppable heels'

Gerard
02-20-2007, 01:19 PM
It'll prolly be foley, during raw though khali came into coach's locker room and demanded better competition, i smell hogan v khali coming up at mania. (already heavily rumoured but noone else seemed to mention that segment in the raw thread)

Jeritron
02-20-2007, 01:21 PM
as far as I'm concerned Khali can go to TNA and join the Xdivision

Stickman
02-20-2007, 02:32 PM
I laughed at the lack of a crowd reaction when Vince announced Umaga

Linkbowler
02-20-2007, 02:35 PM
as far as I'm concerned Khali can go to TNA and join the Xdivision

I'll save TOVO the typing.

"But then he'd have to go up against Nash. The utter awesomeness that is Kevin Nash would cause a gap in space-time, swallowing Khali and everything else in the path of Big Sexy."

KingofOldSchool
02-20-2007, 03:04 PM
It'll prolly be foley, during raw though khali came into coach's locker room and demanded better competition, i smell hogan v khali coming up at mania. (already heavily rumoured but noone else seemed to mention that segment in the raw thread)

Lashley...unless he ends up being Trump's guy.

Innovator
02-20-2007, 03:24 PM
Khali vs. Umaga

Don't be surprised

D Mac
02-20-2007, 03:27 PM
I'd acctually wan't to see that.

rob11
02-20-2007, 04:00 PM
Khali vs. Umaga

Don't be surprised
Ohhh no!!!! Please no!!!!!

Xero
02-20-2007, 04:05 PM
What's worse: Khali on a WrestleMania card, Khali in a high profile, "mainstream" feud, or the chance he could become the Intercontinental Champion?

Bad Company
02-20-2007, 04:11 PM
It's gonna be Jericho

KingofOldSchool
02-20-2007, 04:14 PM
OMGZ IT'S GONNA BE KURT ANGLE IN A SWERVE!11!1!!!

Rammsteinmad
02-20-2007, 04:17 PM
RAW Spoilers for all you bitches out there:

Looks like this will be the sixth year the Intercontinental Title won't be defended at Wrestlemania.

Corkscrewed
02-20-2007, 04:23 PM
It's gonna be Foley, and frankly, people should be rooting for Foley as Trump's choice.

Think about it. Which is the only one out of the following that would produce any semblance of a good match?

- Umaga vs Hogan
- Umaga vs Austin
- Umaga vs Khali ( :lol: :lol: )
- Umaga vs Foley

With Foley, we'd at least get a couple of cool spots, I'd think. Heck, even throw in a gimmick or something.

With Hogan, you'd get a horrible match whose sole redemption value *might* be its unintentional comedy.

With Austin... c'mon. He's not in good wrestling shape anymore. It'll be uglyfest for ten minutes, then Stunner.

With Khali... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

KingofOldSchool
02-20-2007, 04:26 PM
It might be Foley, but it's hard to say because Foley usually doesn't wrestle anymore unless he's doing the JOB.

I'm still leaning towards Lashley or even Khali. But then we could see Lashley vs. Khali for the ECW Title, which it's scary in its own right.

Rammsteinmad
02-20-2007, 04:27 PM
Umaga VS Khali = Ratings.

Bad ratings. But ratings none-the-less.

Rammsteinmad
02-20-2007, 04:28 PM
It might be Foley, but it's hard to say because Foley usually doesn't wrestle anymore unless he's doing the JOB.

I'm still leaning towards Lashley or even Khali. But then we could see Lashley vs. Khali for the ECW Title, which it's scary in its own right.

Y'know what's even more scary? Seeing Lashley take on Snitsky!

KingofOldSchool
02-20-2007, 04:29 PM
No, Khali/Lashley would be worse.

Jeritron
02-20-2007, 05:39 PM
a clash between the only two wrestlers in the world whos asses are wider than their shoulders

Mercury Bullet
02-20-2007, 05:51 PM
I don't think there is any food possibilities to come from this. Not ANY.

Mercury Bullet
02-20-2007, 05:53 PM
Lashley vs. Anyone...sucks.
Umaga vs. Anyone...sucks.
Khali vs. Anyone...sucks.
Foley, Austin, nobody can put on a truly entertaining match with them. Maybe somewhat entertaining simply for the fact you get to see one of them in the ring again, but not really even borderline watchable in terms of match quality or lingering value.

Tombstone275
02-20-2007, 06:02 PM
trump is picking austin

Jeritron
02-20-2007, 09:25 PM
Lashley vs. Anyone...sucks.
Umaga vs. Anyone...sucks.
Khali vs. Anyone...sucks.
Foley, Austin, nobody can put on a truly entertaining match with them. Maybe somewhat entertaining simply for the fact you get to see one of them in the ring again, but not really even borderline watchable in terms of match quality or lingering value.

You act like nobody could carry Lashley to a good match. Yes, hes bland. Yes, hes not ready to be a World Champion on any brand. Yes, if not given a mouthpeice or a good compettitor he's proven to be boring.
But hes not THAT bad in the ring. Not Khali bad. He's not a terrible worker.
To say that nobody could put on an entertaining match with him is overkill on the hatred of him.

addy2hotty
02-20-2007, 09:30 PM
You act like nobody could carry Lashley to a good match. Yes, hes bland. Yes, hes not ready to be a World Champion on any brand. Yes, if not given a mouthpeice or a good compettitor he's proven to be boring.
But hes not THAT bad in the ring. Not Khali bad. He's not a terrible worker.
To say that nobody could put on an entertaining match with him is overkill on the hatred of him.

He is a terrible worker though Jerry. He's awful. He's Dancing Dave without the talent and charisma.

There's nothing remotely interesting about this match. My one hope was that something good would come out of this Trump/Vince thing. Now it's some ECW filler level match with Austin as the ref.

Jeez, I'd take another Austin/Piper segment for 30 minutes over this.

After 15 consecutive Mania's watched live, actually being there for 2, I'm not watching this shitfest. It doesn't deserve to be a Taboo Tuesday card, let alone Mania. I hope those 65,000 fans all sell their tickets to Cena fans on eBay.

Jura
02-20-2007, 09:40 PM
Please, I can't stand the screaming women and little children.

Mercury Bullet
02-20-2007, 11:06 PM
Okay...I wont say NOBODY could carry Lashley to a good match. He's not Khali bad but I honestly think he is close. And why waste a talented star carrying Lashley through a match?

Mercury Bullet
02-20-2007, 11:08 PM
It doesn't deserve to be a Taboo Tuesday card, let alone Mania.

I would go as far as saying WM23 is shaping up to be just a glorified Raw or Smackdown.

Jeritron
02-20-2007, 11:11 PM
Spoiler warning, even though you don't care/already know........

http://www.wrestlezone.com/images/galleries/steve_austin_wm23_return/001.jpg

The Optimist
02-20-2007, 11:12 PM
Lashly is pretty shitty when not together with a good ring general. . .Umaga is basically the opposite of a good ring general especially with the current gimmick. This is will be really really bad. . .

Jeritron
02-20-2007, 11:14 PM
At least Umaga has Estrada. Thats what Lashley needs.
He got a good pop tonight, the huge push they're giving him is actually starting to show signs of getting over. After he squashes Umaga I say he comes out on ECW and makes a heel turn. Bring back Heyman to be his mouthpeice.

The Optimist
02-20-2007, 11:16 PM
Oooooh. I like that idea. Maybe he finally will turn out to be Black Lesnar after all, he really needs to decide on a finishing move and then we can be done with it.

addy2hotty
02-21-2007, 09:12 AM
He got a good pop tonight, the huge push they're giving him is actually starting to show signs of getting over. After he squashes Umaga I say he comes out on ECW and makes a heel turn. Bring back Heyman to be his mouthpeice.

Jeff Hardy gets a bigger pop than Little Voice. Are you a bit of a Lashley mark Jerry.....please don't tarnish the Jericho name by saying yes.

Stickman
02-21-2007, 02:04 PM

What the hell does Estrada do?

RP
02-21-2007, 02:09 PM
Oddly enough, i'm intrested in this match. I kind of like Lashley.

Jeritron
02-21-2007, 02:10 PM
Jeff Hardy gets a bigger pop than Little Voice. Are you a bit of a Lashley mark Jerry.....please don't tarnish the Jericho name by saying yes.

I'm not a mark of him, I don't mind him tho. And I don't think he's as bad as he gets called. As for his pop, you didn't watch ECW last night. He's actually starting to get popped. I don't think it tarnishes the Jericho name by me mildly enjoying a wrestler everyone seems to hate. A wrestler I kinda enjoy doesn't hold a candle to my favorite performer.
He could be good if they used him correctly.

Stickman, as for Estrada. I was just pointing out how he's a good mouthpeice for Umaga. Lashley is no talker, so he needs a Heyman or somebody to manage him. He should also be a heel.

Stickman
02-21-2007, 04:13 PM
Estrada rarely talks.

SammyG
02-21-2007, 04:29 PM
He needs to go back to introducing himself.

Stickman
02-21-2007, 04:37 PM
He needs to have something worth saying.

Jeritron
02-21-2007, 05:27 PM
My nameee es, Armando. Alejandro. Eeeestrrrradddaaa.

that was actually gold.

SammyG
02-21-2007, 05:29 PM
and the whole escuche escuche thing. everybody listen....... TO ME

Jeritron
02-21-2007, 05:31 PM
haha yea. Estrada was good on the mic. He's a rarity these days. He reminds me of old school manager/mouthpeices.