PDA

View Full Version : Just realized... (MITB Related)

Xero
02-27-2007, 09:17 PM
I was just thinking, Edge still has his streak at WrestleMania and is in the MITB match. If they want to keep it alive (which I would hope they do), he's going to have to win the MITB.

So unless they want to ruin his streak with an 8 man match (what a shitty way to end the streak) it looks like Edge is winning again.

Yeah, just an observation. Thoughts?

weather vane
02-27-2007, 09:19 PM
shit never thought of that

Edge will win then, brtl

Mr. Nerfect
02-27-2007, 09:25 PM
Yeah, he's like 5-0 at the moment. That's why a lot of people want to see him win, cash it in and beat The Undertaker. Then not only would he end The Undertaker's streak, but he'd also be 7-0 at WrestleMania, himself.

The WWE won't give him the win, though. Edge is probably the third most likely pick behind Mr. Kennedy and the yet-to-be-confirmed Kenny Dykstra.

El Fangel
02-27-2007, 09:26 PM
Yeah, he's like 5-0 at the moment. That's why a lot of people want to see him win, cash it in and beat The Undertaker. Then not only would he end The Undertaker's streak, but he'd also be 7-0 at WrestleMania, himself.

The WWE won't give him the win, though. Edge is probably the third most likely pick behind Mr. Kennedy and the yet-to-be-confirmed Kenny Dykstra.
That sounds awesome, hope it happens.

Corkscrewed
02-27-2007, 09:28 PM
Sorry to bust your bubble, but people thought of this when Edge won his MitB qualifying match. ;)

Destor
02-27-2007, 09:28 PM
Yeah I mentioned this when he won the qualifier. Dunno what way they are going to take this but it would seem as if he's going to. (But personally I'm pulling for an Edge/Orton tie.) It really is an interesting situation though. And unlike like Alienoid I really cant see anyone other than Edge winning this. No one else even seems plausible.

Xero
02-27-2007, 09:52 PM

Dykstra? :rofl:

Xero
02-27-2007, 10:00 PM
Dykstra? :rofl:
Actually, here's an interesting thought.

Dykstra does win it, and over the next few weeks brags about how he can challenge at any time. Eventually Edge or Orton get into it, and Dykstra finally relinquishes the title shot to Edge after some "smooth talking" and Dykstra feuds with Orton. Edge wins the title, and the next night Orton is celebrating with him and blasts him with an RKO, setting up a hopefully long-term feud.

I'm not a fan of Dykstra being anywhere near the top for the next two years at least, but this scenario would give him a bit of a rub while keeping him away from the title.

Jeritron
02-27-2007, 10:03 PM

Dude, I agree with you that Kenny may be in this match. But to say he's the second most likely is just your smark pipedream. He's by far the LEAST likely of anyone in MITB to win.
First of all, pending on Orton getting in you have 3 former world champions in there, one of whom is undefeated at wrestlemania. All of which are getting large pushes.
You then have Kennedy who is being pushed up the ranks. Then you have Jeff Hardy who is getting a strong singles push, is a ladder match fan favorite and just dropped the IC belt suspiciously. CM Punk has a better chance of winning than Kenny, even though he doesn't have a big chance. At least they've shown some sign of pushing him and he's gotten over.

Kenny will need to win a big match or a singles title before they give him a briefcase that means a PPV world title shot over 7 other guys who are far more over and established stars.
If Kenny Dykstra wins the MITB ladder match I'll shave my head.

Personally, I like Kenny. I think they should give him an IC title win in the very near future and put him in a solid program and let him enhance his heel gimmick.
However, he shouldn't, nor will he pick up the MITB win, especially over all those guys at WM. Not yet at least.

Shadow
02-28-2007, 12:17 AM
Everyone knows you don't lose a match unless you've been pinned or made to submit.

I belive this is called the Samoa Joe Princible.

AdrianM
02-28-2007, 12:39 AM
Actually, here's an interesting thought.

Dykstra does win it, and over the next few weeks brags about how he can challenge at any time. Eventually Edge or Orton get into it, and Dykstra finally relinquishes the title shot to Edge after some "smooth talking" and Dykstra feuds with Orton. Edge wins the title, and the next night Orton is celebrating with him and blasts him with an RKO, setting up a hopefully long-term feud.

I'm not a fan of Dykstra being anywhere near the top for the next two years at least, but this scenario would give him a bit of a rub while keeping him away from the title.

Won't happen. I seriously don't think there's any way of John Cena not feuding for the title over the next two years

Indifferent Clox
02-28-2007, 12:42 AM
I'd like to see Edge win it, then try to take on the Undertaker, who won the title from Batista, and lose.

Jeritron
02-28-2007, 12:57 AM
I'd like to see Edge win it, then try to take on the Undertaker, who won the title from Batista, and lose.

Terrible idea. Why would you have Edge win the MITB and cash it in just to lose it in less than 24 hours? By doing that, he throws away the MITB angle 2 hours after he wins it. He goes over 7 guys to stay undefeated just so he can lose that 2 hours later too. You have a half beaten Undertaker bury a top heel for no apparent reason. You completely waste the MITB cash in before the event even ends, so no payoff with that in the summer.
Plus you pull out this big swirve and don't even deliver with it? You just have Undertaker beat him?
Genius. Have the Undertaker who's beaten to a pulp and just went over your top star of Smackdown get challenged by a fresh, oppurtune, young heel Edge, and have him squash him too. Then Edges streak is over for no fucking reason. And more importantly, you didn't job out one star, you jobbed out two. For Taker.

Of course I want Taker to go over Batista, because I don't want Batista to get the nod of snapping his streak. But to have him job out Batista AND Edge is absurd. It's all negatives. I only want Edge coming down that aisleway with the briefcase later in the show if it results in a win.

Destor
02-28-2007, 12:59 AM
Unless your The Undertakers legacy. In that case congradulations. (And to be honoest that would be awesome if that were Takers last Wrestle Mania moment.)

SammyG
02-28-2007, 02:28 AM
Kennedy better fucking win. It will make my night if he wins.