PDA

View Full Version : You know which two wrestlers had some of my favorite matches but is often overlooked?

The One
02-28-2007, 01:06 AM
Shawn Michaels vs. British Bulldog

10.27.92 - Saturday Night's Main Event - Intercontinental Championship
03.06.95 - RAW
05.26.96 - Beware of Dog
06.23.96 - King of the Ring - WWE Championship
09.20.97 - One Night Only - European Championship

And that's just their singles matches. They met god only knows how many times in Tag Matches and let's not forget their co-Rumble show off. They always seemed to steal the show. They had an incredible chemistry...

Hanso Amore
02-28-2007, 07:41 AM
Honestly, I sometimes wonder where HBKs career woudl be without Bret, Owen and Davey. His fueds and mathes with them defined his early career. and first title reign

Theo Dious
02-28-2007, 07:53 AM
I think, sadly, that people tend to see Shawn vs Davey more in the light of the personal BS that went on instead of the spectacular matches they put on. That SNME IC title match was the first time I ever unexpectedly saw a title change hands, and it did a lot towards making the product seem spontaneous and exciting for me.

wwe2222
02-28-2007, 09:17 AM
I think, sadly, that people tend to see Shawn vs Davey more in the light of the personal BS that went on instead of the spectacular matches they put on. That SNME IC title match was the first time I ever unexpectedly saw a title change hands, and it did a lot towards making the product seem spontaneous and exciting for me.

:y: bulldog had just recently won the title at SummerSlam so I didnt see that coming at all

AdrianM
02-28-2007, 09:27 AM
Shawn Michaels vs. British Bulldog
06.23.96 - King of the Ring - WWE Championship

This match was brilliant! One of my absolute favourites. Probably my second favourite bulldog match behind the summerslam IC title match, and certianly in HBK's top 15 matches I've seen

Loose Cannon
02-28-2007, 09:56 AM
yea, there Main Event IC Title match had an awesome finish. The plan was always to put the belt on HBK ever since Bret won the belt back at Mania. Bret suggested two matches to Vince to do the job at Summerslam. Obviously, one was the match we all saw and the other one was a Ladder Match with HBK. Vince opted for the Bulldog one, which was one of the greatest matches of all-time.

Bulldog became a temp babyface champ to put HBK over.

Fignuts
02-28-2007, 10:37 AM
Bulldog in 90's was amazing.

Anybody Thrilla
02-28-2007, 12:31 PM
That Michaels/Bulldog match on SNME for the Intercontinental championship just may be my favorite match of all time. It was the first time I saw the uncovered turnbuckle spot and it actually played an integral role in the match.

Anybody Thrilla
02-28-2007, 12:34 PM
Also, one of my favorite moments from the Beware of Dog feud:

DIANA: Shawn, you know you want me.

HBK: With all due respect....please do not flatter yourself.

(Diana takes a pause before slapping the shit out of Michaels.)

HBK: Well...I guess we see who wears the pants in the Smith family.

(The Bulldog pauses for a second before tackling Shawn, and a brawl ensues.)

:heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:

Theo Dious
02-28-2007, 12:50 PM
That Michaels/Bulldog match on SNME for the Intercontinental championship just may be my favorite match of all time. It was the first time I saw the uncovered turnbuckle spot and it actually played an integral role in the match.

The whole psychology of that match was amazing; it wasn't a clean win at all, since Shawn did expose the buckle and whip the Bulldog into it, but the bothced-superplex-into-pin move was fantastically executed; it put Michaels on track as a credible but dirty-playing champion in a way that we never see anymore.

HBK: Well...I guess we see who wears the pants in the Smith family.

That may be Shawn's best-delivered line EVER.

addy2hotty
02-28-2007, 12:54 PM
Bulldog losing the title was a huge huge shock to me when it happened.

Nowadays it's clear that Brits only ever win titles in Britain and quickly lose them again. Most recent example was Regal and Eugene winning the tag titles. Came back from the commercial break and they ended up losing them again.

Stickman
02-28-2007, 05:00 PM
Didn't they fight in the Ocean one time or some shit?