PDA

View Full Version : UFC 68: The Uprising

Apocolyptik1
03-02-2007, 03:43 PM
We made a lot of comments about it in other threads, but it never got a thread of its own. So lets do this.

Who is watching it, and what are your predictions?

Tim Sylvia Vs. Randy Couture
Chris Lytle Vs. Matt Hughes
Drew McFedries Vs. Martin Kampmann
Rich Franklin Vs. Jason MacDonald
Jason Lambert Vs. Renato Sobral
Rex Holman Vs. Matt Hamill
Jon Fitch Vs. Luigi Fioravanti
Gleison Tibau Vs. Jason Dent
Jason Gilliam Vs. Jamie Varner

McLegend
03-02-2007, 04:02 PM
I was gonna start a thread tomorrow you son of a bitch.

But yeah basically I don't see any upsets happening, but if Rich Franklin loses I say he is done has a top level fighter.

Same could be said I guess about all 3 of the big fighters, but whatever.

Rob
03-02-2007, 06:47 PM
Franklin apparently looks like shit again going into this show. Couture beating Sylvia would be an upset. Don't see it happening though.

Apocolyptik1
03-02-2007, 08:25 PM
Franklin apparently looks like shit again going into this show. Couture beating Sylvia would be an upset. Don't see it happening though.

You mean his shiner? Or the usual MFS "I am a cocky jock prick" attitude?

Crimson
03-04-2007, 12:49 AM
Couture wins!! whoooo crazy how he dominated...so glad he won though .

Pretty good card overall...can't wait for tha Crocop/Couture fight now

McLegend
03-04-2007, 12:57 AM
OMG That was the most unbelievable thing I have ever seen.

Randy Couture is the greatest human being ever, and I am an idiot for picking against him.

Randy Couture is my hero.

Loose Cannon
03-04-2007, 11:46 AM
wow, that's awesome

Apocolyptik1
03-04-2007, 12:09 PM
That was awesome when Randy won. This will open up a lot of cool things for the heavyweights.

Ol Dirty Dastard
03-04-2007, 01:03 PM
Cannot even believe Randy won. That was fucking amazing lol

Innovator
03-04-2007, 01:05 PM
I fucking love Randy Couture. Right hook to start off the fight, almost ending it in 10 seconds.

Really impressed with Jason Lambert, the guy throws bombs. Babalu's head ended up in the 8th row.

McLegend
03-04-2007, 01:17 PM
When the Text voting came up Coutrue was 72% and Syvlia was 28% I thought that would be the kiss of death for Randy.

But it wasn't :love:

McLegend
03-04-2007, 01:59 PM
So what does everyone think the buyrate of this PPV was?

I'm saying 720,000

Crimson
03-04-2007, 05:23 PM
I know when I saw that text vote result i was like 'wtf are people smoking..sylvia is gonna win', turns out I was the one that was high on some good shit.

It was funny too how Couture was jukin' n jiving thruout the fight, he looked like 23 yrs old

McLegend
03-05-2007, 12:53 PM
It's been 2 days and I still can't get over what happened.

I'm just so happy.

Savio
03-05-2007, 01:02 PM
Yeah I saw it and was shocked he made Tim look like shit.

Stickman
03-05-2007, 02:08 PM
Couture was amazing. I can't believe he dominated in the fashion that he did. I thought Tim would land that knock out blow eventually but he had NOTHING going for him. I'm still blown away by the fight.

Rob
03-05-2007, 07:29 PM
Words can't describe Couture. Dude is a fucking warrior. You can't really be too surprised in a one on one fight but I was shocked at the manner in which he won. Totally bossed the stand up and owned the jab. His strength was phenominal.

And after this, there is no way I'm thinking Cro Cop would kill him like I previously did. It wouldn't surprise me now if Couture won with a high left kick either.

Ol Dirty Dastard
03-05-2007, 10:49 PM
Yeah it was amazing. Like between the rounds, Couture looked like he was 43-years-old, and a washed up has-been who shouldn't have been fighting. Then when the bell rang for each round to begin, he looked like he was 23. It was ridiculous.

Everyone I was watching the fight with was like "what is even happening here?"

RP
03-06-2007, 10:53 AM
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/JA8wA6ciUAw"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/JA8wA6ciUAw" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

good night Randy Couture

Stickman
03-06-2007, 01:12 PM
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/JA8wA6ciUAw"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/JA8wA6ciUAw" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

good night Randy Couture

The difference in this fight to what Couture would do is, at the begging when Cro Cop was defending the punches, Couture would have tried to wrestle him down as opposed to get that close and do nothing with it.

RP
03-06-2007, 01:17 PM
It doesnt matter how it happens, but it will happen.

Rob
03-06-2007, 05:56 PM
I'm less convinced now.

Apocolyptik1
03-08-2007, 11:45 AM
It doesnt matter how it happens, but it will happen.

I would go on record and say now that Mirko would be really stupid to throw a kick against Randy. He has monster kicks, but when you know a guy throws a lot of kicks, you train for it. Chuck throws a ton of kicks, and watch his fights against Randy. He doesnt throw any. Why? Because you dont kick wrestlers. Watch any fight with a kickboxer and a wrestler. The kickboxer will rely on his hands more then anything else, and will only throw the kick out of desperation.

Would be funny if he did throw the kick when they do fight. Randy isnt a slouch, he will scoop that shit up and put him on his back.

And if he bobs and weaves like he did against Couture's 80+ inch reach, he will certainly get on the inside with Mirko. No one in their right mind would actually believe that anyone against Randy Couture would be an easy win. Not anymore hopefully.