PDA

View Full Version : The Number 8 spot for Money In The Bank...

FourFifty
03-03-2007, 11:57 AM
I'd like to see Shelton get another shot to go in. Why? Because he's black.
Have him play the race card on Raw, talking about how the ref counted fast because he's a black man. Someone greased up the ropes to screw over Shelton because he's a black man.
I just want to see Shelton in it.
But if he's not, the match is going to be awesome anyways.

Pepsi Man
03-03-2007, 12:03 PM
Should be the Honky Tonk Man.

KayfabeMan
03-03-2007, 02:21 PM
Good choice.

Honky is also black, so it would work.

Doc Brown
03-03-2007, 07:23 PM
Have him play the race card on Raw, talking about how the ref counted fast because he's a black man. Someone greased up the ropes to screw over Shelton because he's a black man.

Happened once, Farooq played the angle, it was looked oddly upon than, and in todays Pussy world full of people who think it will be too " Risque" It will be a big drop.

And besides, Shelton is about as white as you can get.

King Steve
03-03-2007, 07:26 PM
My guess is Orton will be the 8th man. If Shelton is on the card, it will be a Tag Turmoil or some other "filler" match.

Funky Fly
03-03-2007, 07:37 PM
OMG NO

I hate it when they do this with black wrestlers. The guy always comes off badly.

Theo Dious
03-03-2007, 08:53 PM
Seriously. Aside from the fact that there are far too many race gimmicks out there, I don't recall any "black victim" angle ever working.

FourFifty
03-03-2007, 10:53 PM
Shelton has been awesome when he's been fighting for Money in the Bank. Who cares if Shelton is face or heel? It's just a quick storyline to get him in there. Black, White, Mexican, Asian, Jewish, Gay, Transgender, a freakin' robot, call Shelton whatever you want so long as the word "awesome" is in there.

Jeritron
03-03-2007, 10:54 PM
yes but it's so obviously gonna be Orton I can't even bring myself to discuss other possibilites.

FourFifty
03-03-2007, 10:56 PM
DON'T SHATTER MY DREAM!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Optimist
03-03-2007, 11:07 PM
If it is Orton then why have they waited so long to do it. This makes the wait for the actual last MitB qualifier match super-anti climactic.

Jeritron
03-03-2007, 11:09 PM
theres no If. Unless they have some kind of big name up their sleeve to face Orton, and they're gonna just drop Rated RKO without any payoff fued, then he's in that MITB match.

The Optimist
03-03-2007, 11:11 PM
I just don't understand why they're doing this. Tell me the reason the reason they're prolonging it so much since it's so obvious.

Rocky B
03-03-2007, 11:17 PM
My guess is Orton will be the 8th man. If Shelton is on the card, it will be a Tag Turmoil or some other "filler" match.
That's exactly what I'm thinking. It only makes sense to have Orton in it because of the storyline with Edge and I'd bet money that one of them will win too.

Jeritron
03-03-2007, 11:30 PM
Theres just simply no other place on the card for Orton. And he's clearly a higher priority to have on the card than Shelton. So its going his way.

If I had my way, I'd have Edge face Orton. And make it a 6 man ladder match. But I rarely have my way. It just seems a waste to put Orton and Edge in a match they are basically beyond at this point.
Especially when they could put them in an additional match on the card that would be better for both of them.
I don't see the logic with Edge being in this unless he's going to win.

Mr. Nerfect
03-03-2007, 11:38 PM
I just don't understand why they're doing this. Tell me the reason the reason they're prolonging it so much since it's so obvious.

I think they just like the idea of Rated-RKO bookending the qualifying for the match.

Edge
CM Punk
King Booker
Jeff Hardy
Mr. Kennedy
Matt Hardy
Finlay
Randy Orton

It kind of scatters stars throughout the advertised match order, and it allows them to kind of add "drama" to the proceedings. Meh, I'd rather it weren't Orton, but that's where the smart money is.

I'm hoping that Edge costs Randy Orton his qualifying match, and then Orton requests a match with Edge at WrestleMania, so Edge is taken out of the match and a Battle Royal is held for the last entrant. As for who actually qualifies over Randy Orton? Carlito and Ric Flair are probably the two guys closest to the World Title to not have had a qualifying match. If they had Randy Orton vs. Carlito vs. Ric Flair in a Triple Threat Qualifying Match, they could have Edge get involved, play-up the No DQ rule (although the WWE often ignores this in Triple Threat Matches, but oh well) and Carlito or Flair pins Orton.

The next week, have a Battle Royal between everyone who tried to qualify and fell short, with the winner taking Edge's place. Rob Van Dam vs. Johnny Nitro vs. Kane vs. Shelton Benjamin vs. Sabu vs. Joey Mercury vs. Chris Benoit vs. Montel Vontavious Porter vs. Carlito/Flair would be a pretty star-studded Battle Royal. I'd personally give the win to Shelton Benjamin, and have Carlito qualify over Orton.

So my final WrestleMania 23 Money in the Bank Ladder Match would be:

Carlito vs. CM Punk vs. King Booker vs. Jeff Hardy vs. Mr. Kennedy vs. Matt Hardy vs. Finlay vs. Shelton Benjamin

That'd be a pretty fun and impressive match, in my opinion.

Jeritron
03-03-2007, 11:40 PM
poor Charlie Haas. Or should I say, poor Shelton. Shelton has to be dropped for him to stay afloat.