PDA

View Full Version : More Kurt Angle Hilarity

Xero
03-05-2007, 07:55 PM
TNA star Kurt Angle appeared on Bubba the Love Sponge today on Sirius satellite radio. Jagger K sent along the following highlights:

- Kurt briefly promoted this Sunday's PPV.

- Kurt said that Scott Steiner could not kick his a** in a shoot fight and Steiner knows it.

- A long discussion of Kurt's amateur and collegiate wrestling background where all his achievements were discussed.

- Kurt’s brother Eric works for a lighting company. Kurt said he was shafted and misdiagnosed by the doctors regarding the care he received for his arm injury.

- Bubba asked Kurt about Hogan, Big Show andTest and said he talked to TNA about them as well as Brock and Goldberg. Angle noted Vince is ripe for the picking. He said Wrestlemania is all about Vince and Trump. Kurt said he is desperate. Kurt said, "I can't say" regarding Jericho coming in and "no comment" regarding Jericho signing a TNA contract. Kurt also said that he never "lies" to Bubba.

- Kurt said he was "Mr. Put Em Over" when it came to WWE and lost more than he won.

- More talk about TNA taking over the top spot from WWE soon

- Played a clip of Dana White (UFC) where he called Kurt "full of sh**" when discussing his involvement in UFC and the chance that he could kick ass in UFC. White called Kurt "busted up". Kurt said Dana is mad because Kurt turned down UFC in favor of TNA and Dana wanted him exclusively. Angle claimed hat TNA is now beginning to talk to UFC again about him coming in. Kurt said he is torn between TNA and shoot fighting and which he wants to do more.

- Kurt said Randy Couture would train him for anything in UFC

- They discussed Randy Couture's UFC fight. Kurt said he and Randy is a fight everyone wants to see. Angle said he cannot say if he would beat him, but Kurt said he is a better wrestler and discussed more amateur accolades & said he is a lot better wrestler then Randy.

- Kurt said Dana White told Angle he cannot be in TNA and UFC at the same time so that is why the deal fell through but said Dana said Kurt would draw the biggest buyrate ever in UFC.

- Bubba called Dixie a great businesswoman and asked if Dixie would give him time off to train for UFC, Kurt said she said yes and now its up to Dana/UFC to say yes.

Angle said that Pro EliteXC and IFL both made him offers. Kurt plugged both as stock investments and that both companies are competition to UFC & Dana should reconsider getting Kurt involved.

- More UFC discussion & who Kurt would fight in UFC. One of Bubba's crew (Spice) asked Kurt when something would ever happen regarding MMA because Kurt has been talking this way for months. Kurt said when the time is right and he learns more styles he would be ready. They discussed Kurt fighting Mirko CroCop and how Kurt would fight him.

- Bubba finally brought the conversation back to TNA and the Destination X PPV. Bubba asked what day the PPV was. Kurt said Sunday then told Bubba to talk to Dana about him coming into UFC and agreed to a live conference call between him & Dana on Bubba's show.

- Kurt said TNA is important to him but he really wants to fight and Dixie Carter knows that.

- More UFC discussion. Kurt mentioned he told Vince he wanted to fight shoot and Vince said OK, but Kurt broke his neck.

- Spice asked Kurt if he would leave TNA for UFC. Kurt said he cannot because he is "The franchise of TNA" and gave Dixie his word.

- Kurt mentioned he would be UFC's biggest draw and that he is more known than any UFC fighter.

- They discussed how Kurt doing both UFC/TNA would be great for both companies but the ball is in Dana's court

- Ended the interview with Bubba (not Kurt) plugging the TNA PPV by only mentioning Angle/Steiner then right back to discussing Kurt in UFC.

- Kurt spent over 90% of the time discussing UFC and not TNA or the PPV. The other 150% was spent talking about how awesome he is. :shifty:

From PWInsider.

KingofOldSchool
03-05-2007, 08:00 PM
- Kurt said he was "Mr. Put Em Over" when it came to WWE and lost more than he won.

Unless your name is John Cena or Triple H, then that applies to most of the WWE roster.

Rocky B
03-05-2007, 08:01 PM
Lol, I love Kurt but he is delusional. He would get owned in UFC.

McLegend
03-05-2007, 08:02 PM
What's so wrong with this?

Skippord
03-05-2007, 08:03 PM
Crazy Kurt

Dorkchop
03-05-2007, 08:04 PM
So Kurt lost a lot of matches. He never lost any credibility from those fake losses. He's losing credibility from him losing grasp on reality.

I love Kurt Angle now.

Xero
03-05-2007, 08:05 PM
What's so wrong with this?
- More talk about TNA taking over the top spot from WWE soon

If that one statement doesn't make him delusional, I don't know what would.

If "soon" means 5-10 years, well then he's as sane as a sane person on sane day.

McLegend
03-05-2007, 08:07 PM
He works for TNA. What is so wrong with that?

Xero
03-05-2007, 08:08 PM
Uh, it's impossible?

Granted, it's basically free advertising, but so many things he says are out there.

McLegend
03-05-2007, 08:10 PM
Exactly it's free advertsing. He's being a hype man.

I see nothing crazy here in this interview.

Mr. Nerfect
03-05-2007, 08:16 PM
I agree with legend, Angle pretty much said he wants to shoot fight, he's a great amateur wrestler, he did a lot of jobs for the WWE and TNA will continue to grow.

Blitz
03-05-2007, 08:27 PM
God forbid he try to put over his company. THAT MAN IS COMPLETELY INSANE.

Skippord
03-05-2007, 08:45 PM
His company is UFC?

Mr. Nerfect
03-05-2007, 08:49 PM
His company is KFC?

Oh, it's spicey...it's DAMN spicey!

Mr. Nerfect
03-05-2007, 08:50 PM
This chicken couldn't survive with a broken freakin' neck? I won a Gold Medal with a broken freakin' neck. Hell, I broke my neck this morning and I'm fine!

6to1
03-05-2007, 08:55 PM
i kind of would like to see a shoot fight with stiener have a roid rage fight

FourFifty
03-05-2007, 10:12 PM
That was very Anglish.

TerranRich
03-05-2007, 10:41 PM
LOL I have a feeling Steiner would be a bumbling idiot in a real shoot fight. So yeah, I'm sure even Duane Gill could kick his ass hardcore.

Corkscrewed
03-06-2007, 01:46 AM
All you need to defeat Steiner in a fight is a scenario where he has to go down some sort of a step.

FourFifty
03-06-2007, 02:04 AM
Little Bastard/Hornswaggle is useless. I was correct and here is a negative rep to counteract your negative rep. I am a great poster, some might say the greatest poster ever.

:lol:

Jeritron
03-06-2007, 03:06 AM
- Spice asked Kurt if he would leave TNA for UFC. Kurt said he cannot because he is "The franchise of TNA" and gave Dixie his word.

well we all know his word is Iron Clad

Rocky B
03-06-2007, 06:14 AM
:lol:
Yup.

Theo Dious
03-06-2007, 08:37 AM
This all gives me a good idea for an addition to the movie parody thread.

"Stop! Or Kurt Angle Will Shoot!"

Theo Dious
03-06-2007, 10:27 AM
I see nothing crazy here in this interview.

Gonna assumed you missed

More talk about TNA taking over the top spot from WWE soon

.44 Magdalene
03-06-2007, 01:30 PM
Yeah, it's not like Kurt Angle's going to honestly say "No, TNA is nowhere near WWE's league. We're the biggest of the small fish in the shark tank. It'll be at least six years, tops, before we even have one iota of a possibility of competing with WWE, nevermind seriously besting them. That'd take a miracle."

Jesus, you people just want to jump someone's ass sometimes. He's trying to hype the company he works for. God knows they need to do all the bullshitting they can. I'll admit Kurt's said some pretty crazy shit, but I don't think talking too highly of your promotion counts as anything of fault. He's just saying whatever keeps the paycheck rolling in.

Theo Dious
03-06-2007, 01:33 PM
Example of reasonable hype: "I think that TNA's product is superior to WWE and may someday actually surpass them."
Example of unreasonable hype: "TNA is breathing down WWE's neck and we're going to take the top spot real soon!"

Xero
03-06-2007, 01:33 PM
So I guess that would mean Warrior saying that the DVD put out by WWE was demeaning to he himself isn't insane because he's only trying to put himself over...

Theo Dious
03-06-2007, 01:37 PM
You could take that logic all the way to justifying the Montreal Screwjob.

M-A-G
03-06-2007, 01:49 PM
Kurt's better off just saying nothing.

TerranRich
03-06-2007, 02:33 PM
Kurt: "Nah, TNA is kinda 'eh' right now. Give it 20 years and we might be somewhere. I'm just here for the Benjamins, yo."

Theo Dious
03-06-2007, 02:43 PM
Again, you can hype something without sounding like a raving lunatic.

.44 Magdalene
03-06-2007, 02:46 PM
People listening to the interview probably wouldn't be enticed into watching a show that might be competition for the WWE someday. If folks are actually duped into thinking Kurt's show's hot on the WWE's ass, they might get a handful of extra viewers for the week.

Theo Dious
03-06-2007, 02:52 PM
Who out there is really going to watch a current one-hour TNA product and not think "Dear God, Angle thinks that THIS is going to take over WWE's spot?"

Xero
03-06-2007, 03:48 PM
I could guarantee that if a current or former WWE fan that never heard of TNA turned it on they'd think it was a fourth brand.

Jordan
03-06-2007, 03:49 PM
What a fucking retard. Somebody needs to shut this fag up.

BigDaddyCool
03-06-2007, 03:52 PM
Jordan, you are a moron.

Rocky B
03-06-2007, 04:56 PM
You can't blame Kurt for saying that about TNA, he was promoting his company. It's a delusional remark but it doesn't matter, he may not even believe it himself. Do you expect him to say, "TNA is not even close to legit competition for the WWE" or something like that. He's not gonna put down his own company.

Xero
03-06-2007, 04:59 PM
If he said "TNA is the real competition to WWE", it wouldn't be as bad. He's basically saying that TNA is going to overthrow the WWE next month.

Rocky B
03-06-2007, 05:07 PM
No, he didn't really say that. He said 'soon' but he's just being confident about his company. It doesn't necessarily mean that soon, it could be for a couple of years. He's just really hyping up TNA as legit competition. Nothing wrong with that. I just think he's delusional about the whole UFC thing.

Jeritron
03-06-2007, 05:10 PM
Dear Canadian Crippla,

Eat Shit and kill yourself.

Signed,
Everybody

Theo Dious
03-07-2007, 08:50 AM
I could guarantee that if a current or former WWE fan that never heard of TNA turned it on they'd think it was a fourth brand.

Because their uppercard is made up 95 percent of former WWE guys, or because they seem to talk about WWE more than they talk about themselves?

Xero
03-07-2007, 09:02 AM
Because their uppercard is made up 95 percent of former WWE guys, or because they seem to talk about WWE more than they talk about themselves?
Both of those and the fact that they have exactly the same booking style.

Theo Dious
03-07-2007, 09:03 AM
I disagree with that. WWE throws darts at the wall; TNA is using one of those 20-sided D&D dice.

Xero
03-07-2007, 09:12 AM
Jim Cornette: A Paladin can't use the helm of disintegration.

Vince Russo: ...Then he's a black guyyy.

Theo Dious
03-07-2007, 09:17 AM
Then again, WWE HAS been calling it's authority figures "GMs."