PDA

View Full Version : Mick Foley Interview

Noid
03-06-2007, 11:03 PM
IGN has an interview up with Mick Foley. Here are some of the highlights:

On having controversial backstage stories in his new book: "At one time, I was really afraid they were going to scrap the whole project, especially when my own personal story started to take a turn for the worse. Luckily for me, Vince McMahon really believed that I should have the right to tell the story as I saw it and literally the only thing he wanted changed was one tiny line that really wasn't important. One line out of everything, and he certainly never gave the criticisms about him a second thought. His feelings are: If that's the way he sees it, that's the way he should write it."

On his match with Edge at WrestleMania XXII: "It was a situation where both guys really felt that they had something to prove. Edge goes out every night, and not just on pay per views, every night Edge goes out there with the intention of stealing the show. I know that he felt like his title run had not been given the respect from the company that it deserved and he was really hell bent on proving that he belonged as a main event guy. In my situation, I had never really had a great Wrestlemania match. I thought, here's a guy I know well, a guy I know who has the same goal in mind, and I think we can do this thing together."

On CM Punk: "Yeah, I think the fact that both Ricky Steamboat and I recommended Punk had a little something to do with him being hired. Obviously you have two completely different guys representing two completely different styles recommending the same guy, and I can anticipate your next question, so yeah, I do think they have dropped the ball with CM Punk."

On being involved with WrestleMania this year: "It's not in the plans, but you never know. I have a few ideas, but I understand that they probably won't have a place at Wrestlemania. But WWE needs good ideas to keep rolling and I think they'll take advantage of at least one of the ideas that I have for them. I will say this: Johnny Nitro has really come a long way since I've been there last summer and if they wanted to take advantage of the things I did with Melina back in August, he's certainly in a much better position to take advantage of that than he would've been previously."

Noid
03-06-2007, 11:05 PM
Personally I hope the WWE doesn't do Mick Foley vs. Johnny Nitro at WrestleMania. I was kind of looking forward to MNM vs. London & Kendrick at WrestleMania. Have Foley referee that match, or something, and then have Nitro feud with Foley heading into Backlash.

The WWE have indeed dropped the ball with CM Punk. He was more over than DX, but the WWE can't have that, can they?

KingofOldSchool
03-06-2007, 11:30 PM
Psssh that Foley and Steamboat are senile old men who don't realize that D-X are the hip new craze in the WWE.

Dorkchop
03-06-2007, 11:40 PM
I love Foley.