PDA

View Full Version : Mafia (for PS2) disapoints me

Savio
02-20-2004, 12:22 AM
The first thing that annoys me is the graphics are like PS1 graphics but thats not a biggie. In the game after you beat a segment of the game your heatlh remains the same at the end of the level. I.E. You just shot up a bunch of gangsters but you get shot a few times and your health drops too 25 (it saves) you now have to run back to your hide out while people are shooting you (You'd have little to no chance of surviving) Since the game saved on its own you can't go back to the begining of the level and try again. You'd start back running away with 25% health.

. This brings me to my problem I'm 3/4 ways through the game and am at a harbor where I'm sussposed to kill this guy. I chase him through and take out some goons. My health is now at 37%. There are some snipers on a boat. I drive quickly past them and Hit a switch raming a train into This guys Hide out.

. (game saves) **cut scene**...After the cut scene I try to run Into the building but the sniper picks me off. I hit re-try. **Loading** **my guy moans** **cut scene**. I skip the cut scene and find I'm already dead, It shows that the sniper shot me (remember this is before I got to do anything). Now the game is impossible to beat. :nono:

If you rent or buy MAfia for PS2 Beware

Kristanna Vola
02-20-2004, 01:38 AM
Nice to know I didn't bother grabbing it then. Ever since I bought the first Max Payne (which was awful from the graphics to the control system) I've back off those type of games (camera angles, etc)

Savio
02-20-2004, 01:41 AM
The only good thing about it is the story line....and the animation on the smoke.

Sephiroth
02-20-2004, 04:51 AM
I got the game didn't play i though...and what i hear of you i probably
won't be playing it ever...

Disturbed316
02-20-2004, 11:24 AM
Both Mafia and Max Payne are better on the pc. Get those versions and you'll enjoy them :y:

road doggy dogg
02-22-2004, 02:36 AM
Surely there's someway to disable auto-saving in the options...?