PDA

View Full Version : the main event(s)

KillerWolf
03-12-2007, 09:29 AM
okay, does anybody give a shit at all about HBK vs. Cena? this is, of course, coming from someone who only catches glimpses of RAW, but arent they still holding the tag team titles? personally, i have never seen less fuckin' heat goin' into a Wrestlemania world title match, or even an impromptu televised world title match come to think of it.

isn't Lashley still the ECW champion? and he is doing the hair match with Donald Trump at Wrestlemania. his title isnt on the line as far as i know. not that it really matters. i actually wouldnt mind seeing Bobby Lashley go down to Ohio Valley for a year or two to develop some sort of personallity.

Undertaker vs. Batista is clearly the real main event here. they have pretty good heat for this match. the only problem is that Batista sucks. i watched the Kane and Batista match last week, and my god man, Kane and Batista both fucking suck! The Undertaker appears to be in much better shape than Kane will ever be. the question is, can the Undertaker carry Batista to a descent match. i think the best way to book this match, regardless of who wins, is to have the Undertaker doing most of the offense.

also, they really need to change Undertakers entrance... and entrance music along with it.

Rammsteinmad
03-12-2007, 09:44 AM
The only one I give a rats ass about is Cena and Michaels. Although Umaga and Lashley will probably surprise us and give us a few "ooh" and "aah" moments, but don't expect a classic.

Theo Dious
03-12-2007, 09:48 AM
Cena vs Michaels will likely be a good match because Michaels will make it one. Probably not a classic, but worth viewing.
Lashley vs Umaga is a blah midcard match at most. The fact that the hair business makes it more than that, and the fact that it is an affront to title credibility as we know it makes me seethe with rage.
Taker vs Batista will be a match of good psychology, but not a great physical contest.

Jeritron
03-12-2007, 10:00 AM
Cena Michaels is being built up great so far. Hopefully tonight it implodes and they start to actually fued. Should be a watchable match just because of Mr. Wrestlemania Shawn Michaels. I can't think of too many, if any, Wrestlemanias where Shawn has stood for going out there and NOT having the best match of the night.
If theres anyone who's gonna carry Cena to his best career match, its gonna be Shawn on April 1st. So it will be at least watchable, not to mention that I honestly don't know who the fuck will win it, which is rare.
So I'm into it, since its Raw it will probably be THE main event to close the night. Really digging the build up.

Not looking forward to Batista/Taker really. Its got a lot of hype among fans, including me, but for one reason. The outcome. I won't enjoy the match and I'm not enjoying the buildup. I just want to see who wins the damn thing and move on to the next match with a) relief or b) disgust.

Lashley/Umaga. More excited for this than Bats/Taker tbh. Just because of everything surrounding it I suppose. Plus I have such low expectations for the actual match that it may deliver in a way.

MITB is probably the MATCH I'm most looking forward to, though I'm probably most into the buildup of Cena/HBK and interested in how the match goes. And most interested in the finish and outcomes of the other 2 main events.
But in terms of actual match content that I'm looking forwards to, and setting expectations for its the ladder match. Simply because the wrestlers in it. But usually MITB matches are pretty simple and low key save a few spots and the toss up of the outcome. The amount of wrestlers and time given really make it spot reliant since its not really full of psychology.

Hopefully we get a Foley/Shane match too. And I'd like to see MNM/L&K announced as well. Other than that, the cards pretty bland thus far.

KillerWolf
03-12-2007, 11:14 AM
really? huh. tbh, i havnt seen any buildup for the HBK-Cena match whatsoever. i've only seen them win tag team matches together and help each other out in their singles matches. again, i find RAW to be unwatchable and only catch glimpses.

tucsonspeed6
03-12-2007, 11:15 AM
Michaels/Cena is good because there's still that looming possiblity of a heel turn for one of the participants.

Taker/Batista will suck because we all know how it will end, start, and procede through the middle. Punches and kicks and sitting up does not a good match make.

Lashley/Umaga only slightly interesting for the head shaving. I think when the match starts, everyone watching will feel this sudden moment of horror when they realize they have to watch this match before they can watch the results.

MITB should be worth half the cost of the PPV alone. At least.

Innovator
03-12-2007, 11:28 AM
Shawn vs. Cena has a chance to steal the show, considering while I may not like the guy's character, Cena does bust his ass off. He has one of the best guys to have a match with in HBK, who can carry just about anyone not named Great Collie to a decent match. Cena needs to play the heel here at least during the match, doing anything to keep his title.

If any big guy can drag a match out of Boo Boo Face Batista, its Taker. Taker knows how to put together a big match, and always brings his A work to big matches. Problem is that Batista has regressed worse than HHH did in 2002 post injury. It definitely will be a travesty if Batista wins this.

Lashley/Umaga....eh I just hope they both get stunned

KillerWolf
03-12-2007, 11:41 AM
. I think when the match starts, everyone watching will feel this sudden moment of horror when they realize they have to watch this match before they can watch the results.

:lol:

KillerWolf
03-12-2007, 11:48 AM
yeah, i never meant that HBK/Cena wont be a good match, i just think that the heat going into it is non-existent - which is inexcusable going into a Wrestlemania main event.

Taker/King Kong Bundy had more heat than this.

Disturbed316
03-12-2007, 12:10 PM
As long as Khali cuts a lengthy promo, I'll be happy.

addy2hotty
03-12-2007, 01:30 PM
Khali/Kane will steal the show.

RAAAAAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Stickman
03-12-2007, 02:30 PM
I'd hope HBK and Cena have a huge falling out on Raw tonight.

iwantviral
03-12-2007, 03:11 PM
HBK and Cena are going to steal the show at Wrestlemania regardless of which match will conclude the show

M-A-G
03-12-2007, 03:34 PM
The undercard is hella weak so the main events are going to end up looking stellar in comparison

St. Jimmy
03-12-2007, 04:34 PM
Cena vs. HBK and MITB are the only things on this card. WTF are you talking about?

Jeritron
03-13-2007, 10:48 AM
The undercard is hella weak so the main events are going to end up looking stellar in comparison

Kinda like WM12, or WM13, or hell, any wrestlemania before 16 or 17.

Jeritron
03-13-2007, 10:49 AM
undercard is weak because your entire uppermidcard is in one match, MITB.
They'll probably add a great Tag match in MNM vs L&K or something along those lines.

Benoit's still off the card, which he'll be getting put on asap. But unfortunately it'll probably be against MVP which is a waste. Maybe JBL will be back.

crock69
03-13-2007, 10:55 AM
Just like Brock vs. Goldberg in WM20, Austin will be the only one to save that damn Umaga vs. Lashley match.

Jeritron
03-13-2007, 11:10 AM
Brock vs Goldberg was a horrendous match, but please don't compare Umaga and Lashley to them. They're not near the caliber of stars.

At WM20 Austin didn't save shit. That match was still a disaster. And it's hype and interest was there without Austin.

lort
03-13-2007, 11:11 AM
The build up for Cena/Michaels is really annoying me, it's like they are trying to build it up the same as Austin/Rock at Wrestlemania X7. Except it's just not heated enough, they don't have enough history together.

Jeritron
03-13-2007, 11:14 AM
It's fine. It's being built. A face/face main event is built like this. Unless they turn them on eachother, thats the way it is.
The development they're getting is far beyond anything with Taker/Batista.
Taker/Bats build up sucks badly.

Fignuts
03-13-2007, 11:16 AM
I dunno what you are talking abou KW, tbh. There has been plenty of build up for Cena, Michaels. They are both huge faces, so they couldn't really have them playing the role of bitter enemies from the start. They have done a good job of slowly building the tension between them, the past month. I suspect it will come to a head next raw, and we will see them actually go at eachother.

Jeritron
03-13-2007, 11:31 AM
He's just blindly hating. He admitted he only watches glimpses of Raw, but I don't see how you could miss it anyways. The buildup for this match takes up half the show. It's being built heavily, and in my opinion, nicely.

KillerWolf
03-13-2007, 12:30 PM
He's just blindly hating. He admitted he only watches glimpses of Raw, but I don't see how you could miss it anyways. The buildup for this match takes up half the show. It's being built heavily, and in my opinion, nicely.

dude! fuck you, bro. blindly hating? wouldn't that mean that i havn't seen any of what i'm talking about?

am i hating? sure. but the fact is i dont like what i've seen. i'll allow that physically, HBK/Cena has better potential to be a classic match than Taker/Batista (if HBK can keep it under 300 knife edge chops).

however, this psychology and buildup that you all are talking about - i just dont see it. it's two weeks from WM, and those two are just thinking of doing something to the other. and this has been going on for weeks. and, from all appearances, they will be going into this match as co-holders of the Tag Team Titles.

if you and others feel that this is a good build up for a main event - great. good for you, bad for me. you win, i lose.

but i still say that they have not only created a lack of heat surrounding this match - they have created the opposite of heat.

it appears that most people disaggree with me. cool.

but dude, come on. dont say shit like, "he's just blindly hating" because in all honesty and all seriousness, i'm not.

Dorkchop
03-13-2007, 01:44 PM
I think Umaga vs Lashley could have potential if it was a no dq match or a falls count anywhere match. They're supposed to be monsters, so let them be monsters. I can imagine a few holy shit moments if there were no dqs.

Batista vs Undertaker will be ass. At least their entrances will be cool.

HBK vs Cena will be good. Both guys get a lot of crowd reaction, and HBK knows how to make someone look good and work a crowd. I predict an exciting match.

I just hope the MITB is longer this year. With 6 (now 8 I think) guys, there's no reason that match should be under 20 minutes. I'd say, give them closer to half an hour.

Jeritron
03-13-2007, 01:48 PM
dude! fuck you, bro. blindly hating? wouldn't that mean that i havn't seen any of what i'm talking about?

am i hating? sure. but the fact is i dont like what i've seen. i'll allow that physically, HBK/Cena has better potential to be a classic match than Taker/Batista (if HBK can keep it under 300 knife edge chops).

however, this psychology and buildup that you all are talking about - i just dont see it. it's two weeks from WM, and those two are just thinking of doing something to the other. and this has been going on for weeks. and, from all appearances, they will be going into this match as co-holders of the Tag Team Titles.

if you and others feel that this is a good build up for a main event - great. good for you, bad for me. you win, i lose.

but i still say that they have not only created a lack of heat surrounding this match - they have created the opposite of heat.

it appears that most people disaggree with me. cool.

but dude, come on. dont say shit like, "he's just blindly hating" because in all honesty and all seriousness, i'm not.

calm down man. It's because you said "I've only seen glimpses". Well fuck..I only saw one inning of the baseball game and the team scored no runs. So they must have been shut out.
It's hard to take your criticisms seriously when you outright admit you have only see glimpses of Raw.
It's being built quite well, you should watch sometime.

the wwe champion
03-13-2007, 02:13 PM
Main Events man to man record

John Cena and Shawn Michaels

Cena pinned Shawn at Taboo Tuesday 2005

Taker and Batista

Taker eliminated Batista in the 2003 Royal Rumble.

Looking forward to the MITB match No more RAW main event please!!!
Wanna see Smackdown! main event for Mania.

KillerWolf
03-24-2007, 02:28 PM
*bump*

okay. so is everybody still not feelin me on this?

this lack of any heat between HBK & Cena, i mean.

Jeritron
03-24-2007, 02:39 PM
Just because they're not fighting eachother and interfering in eachothers matches every week doesn't mean theres not a build.

HBK's promo with JBL was very telling of what this fued is. It's a tease. They're playing the mind games. It's given build time week after week and really being hyped up.

Jeritron
03-24-2007, 02:39 PM
Tbh, I love the Cena/HBK build.

Londoner
03-24-2007, 02:50 PM
^ Same here.

Jeritron
03-24-2007, 02:54 PM
To say theres no build and hype is pretty false. It's got heavy build and a lot of dynamic going into it. I love the volatility and mindgames stuff, and how its being teased out every week and perhaps right up until the bell rings. There's more than one way to skin a cat. Often times people complain about how things are so formulated. If you ask me, this is better and more interesting than the typical Rumble win and subsequent fued with a dominant heel who's days are numbered against the superface who's steamrolling towards the main event.

St. Jimmy
03-24-2007, 04:06 PM
Hopefully they won't even touch each other til' Mania. Then they both go ABSOLUTELY apeshit on each other. Michaels explodes at Cena with everything he has, vise versa. Even though it's pretty academic that Cena will retain (Sadly) I strongly believe that Michaels can drag a great match out of Cena.

St. Jimmy
03-24-2007, 04:07 PM
Also, Taker and Batista is going to be shit. Angle was the last man to drag a decent match out of Taker. Taker and Batista is gonna be worse than Booker/Batista. I'd bet money on it.

Destor
03-24-2007, 04:19 PM
Just want to say I loved the Brock/Goldberg match. :$

Destor
03-24-2007, 04:21 PM
And I think Taker vs Batista will be surprisingly good. But regardless of it being good or bad, I know you will all shit on it. (But this is coming from the guy who liked BrockvGoldberg.)