PDA

View Full Version : Rocker Ozzy may not perform again

Disturbed316
02-20-2004, 11:50 AM
This was slightly mentioned in the Ozzfest topic, but anyhoo

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/west_midlands/3503663.stm

Rocker Ozzy Osbourne says he is scared he might never perform again after his near-fatal quad bike accident.
The former Black Sabbath star also said he is worried that he could become addicted to the medication he needs to aid his recovery.

Ozzy, 55, came close to death in the accident on his Buckinghamshire estate.

He suffered broken ribs, a punctured lung, a smashed collarbone and a crushed vertebra. A quick-thinking security guard saved his life.

Drug addiction

Speaking on ABC's Primetime programme, in the US the Birmingham-born rocker said: "I'm really frightened, because music is the love of my life.

"And performing... the thought of not being able to do that anymore frightens me."

The star has battled drug addiction for years, and now fears that he could become hooked on the painkillers he is being given.

"I've been fighting that battle for nearly 20 years. I can't just stop." he said.

Speaking last month he said he "died" twice following the accident in December, but was revived. He was then in a coma for eight days.

The singer said he would never ride a quad bike again saying: "The bloody thing nearly killed me. I am lucky to be here today and not paralysed."

-----------------------

I heard that this may be the case, it would really be a kick in the balls if he cant perform, whether it be because of the accident or the drug addiction

ummm....yeah :-\

asphyXy
02-20-2004, 12:20 PM
:y:

Kane Knight
02-20-2004, 12:22 PM
MY GOD I'M TOTALLY SHOCKED!!!!!!!!!

Sorry, but with the severity of his accident, the first thought that went through my head was "duh!"

Disturbed316
02-20-2004, 04:56 PM
indeedy do

Kane Knight
02-20-2004, 06:22 PM
I'm also hearing Freddie Mercury may not be touring anymore...

Disturbed316
02-20-2004, 06:29 PM
WHOA HOLD ON THERE FELLA!!!???

Where did you hear this?

Ogen
02-21-2004, 09:32 PM
The Beatles have decided to call it a day :(

Kane Knight
02-21-2004, 10:02 PM
Something about John being unable to tour anymore...