PDA

View Full Version : Lets just be real Sting has always sucked

RP
03-13-2007, 11:10 AM
He's never had great moves. The Stinger Splash and the Scorpian Deathlock are really shit moves. And all he really did was punch chop and body slam. Minus the Scorpian Deathlock and the shitty mask, he was basically Vader.

His Blonde Hair WooO Sting was so damn corny and his mic skills were rather pathetic. The dark Sting was awsome...until he started talking. Then he just totally contradicted the whole dark, mysterious charachter. Cause when he talked, he talked like Blond Hair WooO Sting. It was horrible. I never wanted him to talk. I would have been perfectly content with having sting have a 2 minute spot on Monday Nitro where he'd just appear on the ceiling, or in the ring with a baseball bat. Kicked some ass with his limited move set thats now all of a sudden cool with a black bat and left my screen. Never talking again. INFACT. If they never let Sting talk and gave him a title run, that maybe could have salvaged his career in my eyes. But now Stings doing stupid shit in his Dark Sting gimmick again on TNA. He doesnt even try acting like Dark Sting. He just puts white "crow" makeup on and the black "crow" tights, acts talks and walks like Blond Hair WooO Sting and cashes a paycheck. This guy is horrible. And before you post here saying shit like TNA dumbs him down or TNA cant put him in a good gimmick. Please do yourself a favor and just delete. TNA needs Sting more then Sting needs TNA. If Sting wanted to do a certain gimmick, or act like Dark Sting ( or if he even has a clue at this point ), he'd tell TNA and TNA would do it.

Sting is just plain horrible. Even when he was really cool as Dark Sting, I still always got the feeling it was the wrong person for the perfect charachter. Then when he started promoing as Dark Sting with Blone Hair WooO Sting dialogue. I was convinced. Sting has always sucked. And some people just refuse to realize this.

Fignuts
03-13-2007, 11:26 AM
Yeah Sting has never been that great. His greatest matches were with Flair, and thats because Flair carried him through and made him look like gold.

The Show Off
03-13-2007, 02:13 PM
I respectfully disagree.

PullMyFinger
03-13-2007, 02:16 PM
I can never hate Sting. He's always been the man.

Jeritron
03-13-2007, 02:56 PM
A lot of people mark for Sting, and thats fine, I respect it. But I tend to agree with RP.
Sting in 1997-whenever he fizzled out was good stuff.
Never cared for old school sting, never cared for his in ring work. It was solid and all, but it wasn't anything that impressed me. Always like the look and persona of the Crow style Sting. It was gold, but you gotta realize it was just a Crow ripoff. I don't even know how he got away with it.
He was pretty good then, and I would have liked to see this translated into the WWE for a short time period, but I never liked or will like him long term or in the ring.
And for the record, Sting sucks in TNA now.

KayfabeMan
03-13-2007, 03:09 PM
Sting has never been Bret Hart in the ring skills department, but he's definitely one of the best performers of the modern day era - having had more charisma and psychology than basically the majority of his peers.

Jeritron
03-13-2007, 03:11 PM
I don't deny that hes solid in ring, and a great performer. But I just don't care for him in large doses.

D Mac
03-13-2007, 04:19 PM

Rammsteinmad
03-13-2007, 04:48 PM

Arnold HamNegger
03-13-2007, 05:01 PM
I think Crow Sting was one of the best reinventions for a character ever. That was one of my favorite periods in WCW.

Stickman
03-13-2007, 05:05 PM
I agree with RP 100%

Jeritron
03-13-2007, 05:11 PM
I can never enjoy Sting. He's always been boring to me.

Arnold HamNegger
03-13-2007, 05:36 PM
I just FUCKING CRINGED during every one of those recent promo's on TNA when Sting was in the casket. The word "lame" doesn't even begin to describe that crap flavored flapjack Russo thought up.

Mercury Bullet
03-13-2007, 05:45 PM

And :foc: to all the Sting-haters.

He's never been the best at any one thing but he is solid enough in every department which is far more than can be said about a lot of "superstars".

KayfabeMan
03-13-2007, 06:04 PM
I just FUCKING CRINGED during every one of those recent promo's on TNA when Sting was in the casket. The word "lame" doesn't even begin to describe that crap flavored flapjack Russo thought up.

Yeah, the whole angle itself is pretty lame.

I kinda feel bad for Sting in a way, being stuck in the angle and specifics of it. I know he wanted to work with Abyss, and I know they mesh alright, but this stuff is up there with ridiculous.

M-A-G
03-13-2007, 06:04 PM
Yeah, he sucked so much he was only one of the biggest draws WCW ever had.

Mercury Bullet
03-13-2007, 06:13 PM
Yeah, he sucked so much he was only one of the biggest draws WCW ever had.

And what was WCW's last match ever?

STING VS. RIC FLAIR

LAST...MATCH...EVER....

Yeh, man they both suck and certainly aren't LEGENDS or anything.

M-A-G
03-13-2007, 06:14 PM
Seriously. Why they got so much main event time is beyond me.

Mercury Bullet
03-13-2007, 06:19 PM
That got me thinking...Flair really sucked too! What did he do? Chops and a figure four leg lock? BORING!

I never saw him hit a 450 splash from a ladder!

M-A-G
03-13-2007, 06:20 PM
He did it when no one was looking.

Mercury Bullet
03-13-2007, 06:22 PM
TNA needs Sting more then Sting needs TNA.

Exactly.

:y:

SammyG
03-13-2007, 06:23 PM
I respectfully disagree.

Funky Fly
03-13-2007, 06:26 PM
Nah, RP can eat a dick. Sting is great. Also, I mean WCW Sting, not gayed up TNA Sting.

SammyG
03-13-2007, 06:28 PM
Sting was so fucking awesome.

The Ravishing One
03-13-2007, 07:30 PM
Yeah Sting has never been that great. His greatest matches were with Flair, and thats because Flair carried him through and made him look like gold.

:y:

U-Warrior
03-13-2007, 07:58 PM
My dingo brother would smash the mighty tower of iredessience made by crying nazi babies under cover of night. BUT FORSOOTHIFY YOUR EARS MY FRIENDS! Bewcause if your hear closely, you will know the sound of copycatation as you see the ostrich called sting rip off the warrior in every way imaginable. I tried frivolous litegation against him, but years later I discovered that my lawyer was in fact a porcupine, and that litegation does not mean butt-sex.

The U-Warrior

Jordan X
03-13-2007, 08:24 PM
Sorry, your wrong. Sting has 'it' he always will. He is one of the best in the world, your just wrong.

James Steele
03-13-2007, 08:34 PM
Nah, RP can eat a dick. Sting is great. Also, I mean WCW Sting, not gayed up TNA Sting.

:y::y::y::y::y::y::y:

Xero
03-13-2007, 08:49 PM
Does "gayed up TNA Sting" eat dicks?

Bad Company
03-13-2007, 10:19 PM
Sting is the man.

Skippord
03-14-2007, 04:25 AM
Sting is one of my favorite wrestlers of all time

RP
03-14-2007, 05:54 AM

LOL I love this alot. I really enjoy when i make a case for why i think Sting sucked and the narrow minded mod chimes in with his case which consists of " He's great ". :lol:

Why is he great you fucking nit?

And then this...

:y::y::y::y::y::y::y:

ROFL BRILLIANT ANAYLSIS THERE JAMESSTEELE!

LOL half of you in this forum. Specifically the " Smart popular " half ( but no t all ) have no clue whatsoever how to discuss anything. Its basically " Eat a dick, you're wrong " or " What a stupid topic " or " WAHH WAHH BANNN ".

Funny shit.

Funky Fly
03-14-2007, 06:31 AM
That is the biggest joke coming from you, the guy who posted like 15 spam threads just a couple of days ago.

I'm just messing around instead of quoting "I respectfully disagree". If you really need reasons, look no further than Kayfabeman's post. Sting is basically only above average in terms of ability, but his use of psychology in the ring, natural charisma and microphone skills draw you in.

To be perfectly honest, I didn't think this thread was serious, coming from you, but if it is then my bad.

Jeritron
03-14-2007, 08:27 AM
I just wish everyone would respect opinions. I mean, theres not really a right or wrong in this situation. Of course theres certain facts and truths, but theres also opinion.

You can't really sit here and tell me Sting is a true goat. Some of you mark for him, and love the whole old days of NWA/WCW thing, and thats fine. Others of you love the whole Crow thing, and thats fine too.
But I feel often times people respect Sting and a handful of other wrestlers just because its the smark consensus. Just like an angle can immediately be better in TNA or ECW or the Attitude Era, and it can instantly suck because its in the modern WWE.

Yes those times were great. Yes WWE sucks right now. But in most cases think for yourselves for christsakes and don't deal in such absolutes.
If I had to make a list of the top performers and personalities (on screen) all time, imo, Sting wouldn't rank high. I always found him stale in the old days, and as good as the Crow was it was a fucking blatant ripoff. He's a joke in TNA now.
I respect the shit out of him, I find him to be solid, and I don't deny his status in the industry and previous ability to draw. He's a bon a fide star, but I personally find him mediocre and boring. Flame me.

RP
03-14-2007, 12:13 PM
That is the biggest joke coming from you, the guy who posted like 15 spam threads just a couple of days ago.

I'm just messing around instead of quoting "I respectfully disagree". If you really need reasons, look no further than Kayfabeman's post. Sting is basically only above average in terms of ability, but his use of psychology in the ring, natural charisma and microphone skills draw you in.

To be perfectly honest, I didn't think this thread was serious, coming from you, but if it is then my bad.

I dont see the joke.

I was fully prepared to discuss Khali fathering Rey Mysterio 2 months ago, Macho Man probably always eating McDonalds and making a sex act out of the Montreal Screwjob. You wouldnt give me that chance. I wanted to discuss that stuff and its wrestling related. You're racist man.

Londoner
03-14-2007, 06:00 PM
I agree RP, Sting bores the shit out of me, when he was the champ in TNA i couldn't careless about it.

Funky Fly
03-14-2007, 07:00 PM
I dont see the joke.

I was fully prepared to discuss Khali fathering Rey Mysterio 2 months ago, Macho Man probably always eating McDonalds and making a sex act out of the Montreal Screwjob. You wouldnt give me that chance. I wanted to discuss that stuff and its wrestling related. You're racist man.
It's true, WHITE POWER.

RP
03-15-2007, 07:58 AM
It's true, WHITE POWER.

So thats settled..

El Fangel
03-15-2007, 08:24 AM
Sting is great. Also, I mean WCW Sting, not gayed up TNA Sting.

Innovator
03-15-2007, 12:46 PM
Sting is the most gullible person in the history of wrestling, how many times has someone turned on him?

Jura
03-15-2007, 01:00 PM
"When a man's heart is full of deceit it burns up, dies, and a dark shadow falls over his soul. From the ashes of a once great man has risen a curse, a wrong that must be righted. We look to the skies for a vindicator, someone to strike fear into the black heart of the same man who created him. The battle between good and evil has begun. Against an army of shadows comes the Dark Warrior, the purveyor of good, with a voice of silence, and a mission of justice."

<center>This is Sting.

http://www.obsessedwithwrestling.com/pictures/s/sting/35.jpg</center>

Jeritron
03-15-2007, 02:24 PM
http://www.thecrow.info/images/crow_01.gifBrandon Lee in The Crow

http://www.poster.net/sting/sting-sting-4100325.jpg

Jeritron
03-15-2007, 02:26 PM
Sometimes I just can't believe that he got away with it. Or that people loved it so much.

I'll admit, 97-2000 sting was great. But other than that I've never liked him, and even then I liked him moderately. But he's a huge fuckin ripoff.

Arnold HamNegger
03-15-2007, 04:36 PM
One year I dressed as Sting for Halloween and everyone thought I was The Crow. Finally I got sick of explaining to everyone who Sting was and just threw my bat outside and was The Crow.

That's when it really hit me that wrestling was no longer main stream. :nono:

Jeritron
03-15-2007, 07:26 PM
Not WCW, I'm sure nobody would mistake you if you were any other wrestling character.

I mean, its ludarcis. At least if you're gonna rip your gimmick off from a movie, don't be EXACT in appearance. Seriously, If I walked out to the ring in a batman costume and got over, would you really respect me?

Arnold HamNegger
03-15-2007, 08:07 PM
Not WCW, I'm sure nobody would mistake you if you were any other wrestling character.

I mean, its ludarcis. At least if you're gonna rip your gimmick off from a movie, don't be EXACT in appearance. Seriously, If I walked out to the ring in a batman costume and got over, would you really respect me?

Damnit Jeritron, you better hope Russo doesn't see this! Sting better not come out as Batman at TNA Lockdown or your in BIG TROUBLE! Think of the children.....

The One
03-15-2007, 08:08 PM
I will admit, I've always had a bit of a soft spot of Sting. Certainly not that great of a talent, but had enough charisma to mask that.

94 SVT Cobra
03-16-2007, 12:04 AM
That got me thinking...Flair really sucked too! What did he do? Chops and a figure four leg lock? BORING!

I never saw him hit a 450 splash from a ladder!

Sig material

Mercury Bullet
03-17-2007, 12:27 PM
Sig material

I dont have a sig, but i should put that one in.

And just to clarify, because I got neg rep'd a handful for saying that, I was being sarcastic. My point was that Sting and Ric Flair we're WCW's final main event for reason and it wasn't because they suck. They're both legends of the business and I was using the point to defend Sting. I wasn't saying that Ric Flair sucked because he couldn't do a 450 splash of a ladder. That totally flew over a few people's heads.