PDA

View Full Version : The Genius back in the WWE!

NeanderCarl
03-15-2007, 05:27 PM
Well.... on WWE.com anyway. The Genius has been named the new poet laureate of WWE.com. Fantastic.

http://www.wwe.com/inside/thegenius/

Champion of Europa
03-15-2007, 05:33 PM
I bet giving him a job was part of the agreement to get Savage in the HoF.

If Savage ends up in the HoF, I am correct.

NeanderCarl
03-15-2007, 05:38 PM
It's certainly possible, but I still find it hard to believe that Savage will be inducted into the HoF... if the Stephanie rumour is true. If it isn't true, then money will make everything alright, and Mach will be in the HoF sooner or later.

The One
03-15-2007, 05:42 PM
Savage will one day in the HoF. Bank on it.

Xero
03-15-2007, 06:22 PM
I hope he goes Boffo.

The Ravishing One
03-15-2007, 07:13 PM
Id love to see Savage perform "Be a man Hogan" or whatever its called live at Wrestlemania.

That would be funny stuff.

Goulet
03-15-2007, 07:25 PM
Id love to see Savage perform "Be a man Hogan" or whatever its called live at Wrestlemania.

That would make this the best Wrestlemania ever!

The Genius
03-15-2007, 07:40 PM
he needs to be back on TV managing someone imo. i think he would be a perfect manager for kenny or chris masters.

SammyG
03-15-2007, 07:45 PM

NeanderCarl
03-15-2007, 08:21 PM
On a kind of related note (well, they are brothers...) where the hell did the whole Randy Savage/Stephanie McMahon rumour come from, and has anybody ever confirmed it as true? (Anybody who would actually know for sure, that is.)

Or is it just another "Sid shit his pants :shifty:" thing?

Marc the Smark
03-15-2007, 08:54 PM
What's the Stephanie rumor?

Champion of Europa
03-15-2007, 09:15 PM
What's the Stephanie rumor?

Stephanie and Savage let their Mega Powers Explode when Stephanie was underage.

The Fugitive
03-15-2007, 09:17 PM
I thought everyone knew about this 'rumour' by now.

Wonders never cease.

Mr. Nerfect
03-15-2007, 09:31 PM
That's certainly interesting about Savage and Steph. I never really took that seriously.

I also don't know about the relationship between Savage and The Genius, but it seems positive, so it could very well be a ploy to get him into the Hall of Fame. With the WWE pissed off at Hogan currently, it would be pretty cool to see Savage shoot on him.

And I agree with The Genius of TPWW, The Genius of WWE should manage Chris Masters, and maybe even Kenny Dykstra. Or, they could use him to "educate" Eugene, and have the retard character slowly phased out for a heel wrestling machine.

addy2hotty
03-15-2007, 09:38 PM
I thought he was dead.

As he appears not to be, if he appears in the Raw ring on Monday night and gives us a poem, I may just ejaculate right there and then.

Mr. Nerfect
03-15-2007, 09:45 PM
Do you think he may induct Curt Hennig into the Hall of Fame? I'm not too savvy on times prior to the Attitude era, but I remember seeing old shows with The Genius has Mr. Perfect's manager. Hennig also hung around with Ric Flair for a bit, I'm not sure which would be more appropriate.

addy2hotty
03-15-2007, 09:57 PM
Are both The Beverly Brothers still alive? Fuck it, bring them back and get them to accuse TWGTT of stealing that move that they do. Instant feud. Just add water. And The Geeeeenius.

The Genius
03-15-2007, 10:23 PM
wayne bloom retired from wrestling but not sure about mike enos.

genius managed hennig for only a couple of years i belive before moving onto the beverly brothers. i think hennig's dad will induct him.

NeanderCarl
03-15-2007, 10:41 PM
It would make more sense for Larry Hennig to accept the induction on his behalf, and have Heenan or Flair induct him. As Heenan is apparently inducting Bockwinkel, most likely choice would be Flair or possibly even Bret Hart (if he was interested) as Bret has consistantly referred to Curt Hennig as his favourite opponent.

Even though they had an alliance, I don't really associate Hennig with the Genius. They were only aligned for about 6 months or so, and Genius continued to wrestle during that period, so he doesn't really count as a manager in my view. Is John 'Coach' Tolos still alive? Because if Genius is a consideration, Coach Tolos also should be considered, because he has the same (minimal) association as Poffo did.

Just realised something. Coach (eventually) took over the managerial reigns of Mr Perfect from the Genius.... Genius returned the favour by taking the Beverly Brothers from Coach. So there.

Hardly a fair trade, though, is it?

NeanderCarl
03-15-2007, 10:43 PM
I think both the Beverlys are retired too, BTW.

Plus, they never got over, so why bring them back? (If you were actually serious, which I doubt you were.)

I'm all for bringing the Genius back on screen, though. Those heel poems were gold!

NeanderCarl
03-15-2007, 10:45 PM
In fact, I still vividly remember a poem he read once, just before the Beverlys took on High Energy. Why it stuck with me for so long (this must have been 1992) I have NO idea, but it went a little something like this:

High Energy wear baggy pants and tuck them in their shoes.
The brothers Beverly and I will teach them how to lose!

:lol:

NeanderCarl
03-15-2007, 10:49 PM
And there was his poem at Royal Rumble 1990... can't remember it all, but I remember him snarling at the end as he proclaimed:

"I am the world's smartest man and Beefcake's double dumb!"

TerranRich
03-15-2007, 10:50 PM
You all realize that Stephanie/Macho Man rumor is complete and utter bullshit...right?

NeanderCarl
03-15-2007, 10:52 PM
I just noticed on Lanny's Wikipedia that his formula for beating Hogan was:

6'8" + 310lbs < 250 IQ = HULK DOWN.

My IQ is higher than The Genius'. Hah!

NeanderCarl
03-15-2007, 10:52 PM
You all realize that Stephanie/Macho Man rumor is complete and utter bullshit...right?

Do you know that for fact? I've taken it with a rather large grain of salt, because I don't know for sure if it is true or not. Do you?

NeanderCarl
03-15-2007, 10:54 PM
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/MwPQAhOwFAs"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/MwPQAhOwFAs" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

The Genius
03-16-2007, 12:01 AM
that just isnt right. i cant stand seeing genius like that. he NEEDS the long hair and beard. not to mention the high school graduate outfit and plastic scroll.

Juan
03-16-2007, 12:08 AM
I also don't know about the relationship between Savage and The Genius...

They're brothers.

NeanderCarl
03-16-2007, 12:16 AM
I think he meant how healthy the relationship is, ie. are they on good terms?

I believe that they are.

KayfabeMan
03-16-2007, 12:34 AM
They are indeed on good terms with each other.

I can state that as a fact.

Both Randy and Lanny were fantastic athletes and performers in their own right, and Randy certainly should be in the HoF. Lanny is another guy who was truly an honest, smart, decent human being, who really is too good for the business.

Also, to address some other stuff mentioned above:

Both Mike Enos and Wayne Bloom aka. Beau & Blake Beverly are indeed retired from wrestling. I forget if Wayne lives in FL too, but Mike Enos currently lives in north FL and is in construction last I heard. He used to have one of the best powerslams in the business. Awesome to watch, just like AA or David Young doing the spinebuster.

They were however over, not so much as the Beverly Brothers, but as AWA tag partners. They both had good careers, with AWA, WWF, WCW and NWA respectively. So, congrats to them in either case.

FourFifty
03-16-2007, 04:04 AM
If the Savage rumors are true then I've lost a lot of respect for Savage.
If the Savage rumors are false, fuck him, he's just Savage.

Theo Dious
03-16-2007, 07:52 AM
The Genius is/was/will ever be the man.

That is all.

Theo Dious
03-16-2007, 07:55 AM

I have to believe that if it were true Vince would have had the fucker killed.

There's a sort of double-entendre there, isn't there.

Jeritron
03-16-2007, 08:22 AM
Dude Savage is a legend, even if he's lost his mind and hasn't done anything good in 10 years

wwe2222
03-16-2007, 09:54 AM
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/O0KSUcb95Po"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/O0KSUcb95Po" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

NeanderCarl
03-16-2007, 10:28 AM
Hmmm.. is the Genius gay?

Not Lanny Poffo, I know he's not. But the character of the Genius? He always seemed so camp.

:lol: @ Perfect appearing on a talk show in his wrestling gear.

addy2hotty
03-16-2007, 10:32 AM
Remember when The Genius had that feud with that Eugene-like retard character back in the early 90's? Jameson I think his name was, hung with the Bushwackers. Think he became a panellist on Prime-Time Wrestling at one point.

I've just realised, Eugene is more a less a repeat of this character with added wrestling ability......woah, the things you forget.

NeanderCarl
03-16-2007, 10:34 AM
Ah... I just watched the video and it answered my own question. Okay. But I still think the Genuis was lying.

He's a sausage jockey.

NeanderCarl
03-16-2007, 10:41 AM
Remember when The Genius had that feud with that Eugene-like retard character back in the early 90's? Jameson I think his name was, hung with the Bushwackers. Think he became a panellist on Prime-Time Wrestling at one point.

I've just realised, Eugene is more a less a repeat of this character with added wrestling ability......woah, the things you forget.

Yeah, Jameson was more of a backstage character, though, who only appeared in front of the crowd a couple of times. He was Bobby Heenan's sidekick on the Bobby Heenan Show, was Vince McMahon's co-host on the last ever edition of Prime Time Wrestling, and was used by WWE last in 1995 as an interviewer for WWE Magazine.

Apparently, he was played by a comedian Andy Kindler, although Kindler's wiki entry denies this.

I think the character of Jameson was intended to be more of a super-nerd than a retard.