PDA

View Full Version : Am I the only one that thinks this?

FourFifty
03-17-2007, 03:30 AM
If WWE was serious about letting RVD go, they wouldn't put him on TV so much?
This "Originals vs New Breed" is the hottest thing in ECW (which is like saying the least fatty thing at McDonalds, but that's not the point). You have four younger talents that have the world to gain (The Alpha Male, Burke, Striker, who ever the hell the 4th guy is) and four old school ECW wrestlers (Sabu, The Sandman, Tommy Dreamer, and RVD).
This fued could be great. The new breed could get the rub off of the other four, while the originals could get a second wind and bring back part of what gave ECW a cult following. The only thing is RVD is a part of it. They could have made it three on three, or even three on four, and let RVD sit at home and smoke weed while his contract expires. A lot of the sheepple will forget how awesome RVD can be.
They're keeping RVD fresh in our minds. They could pull the same storyline off with Stevie Richards, or if they wanted to sign The Blue Meanie or (insert random ECW wrestler here) for the story line that shouldn't be a problem. They still have Scoprio under contract, right? They could use him.

I personally thing that the whole RVD thing isn't totally water under the bridge, but WWE is smart enough to know that RVD is a draw. Unlike Christian or Angle, RVD has a cult following that'll watch him on TNA even if he's doing "Sing Along with Frank Sinitra JR" as his gimmick.
Thoughts? Anyone?

Funky Fly
03-17-2007, 04:26 AM
Yeah, probably.

Mr. Nerfect
03-17-2007, 10:52 PM
I don't really think they wouldn't have used him on TV, but RVD has been picking up some big wins lately. I doubt the Originals will go over at WrestleMania (nor should they), but it does seem like the WWE is slowly letting RVD get back to being in the same position he once was.

TNA hasn't really expressed interest in RVD (they want more time first), and unless RVD really wants to stick it to The Man, he may as well stick with the WWE and keep making the bigger money. If he doesn't fuck up, the WWE may even give him another ECW World Title run in the future. And if he doesn't fuck up then, one of the meaningful World Titles could follow.

Kane Knight
03-17-2007, 11:24 PM
Yeah, probably.