PDA

View Full Version : Remember when...The attitude Era edition

Splaya
03-19-2007, 02:29 PM
I'm talking like In fact let's go Mania 13 to the year 2002.

Recall any moment from Raw, PPV, any event period. Rekindle my love for WWE.

Remember when D'Lo Brown hurt his pecs and wore the chest protector, but it was more like using a weapon.

Remember when Val Venis got his "pee pee" chopped off.

This thread is to showcase the memories of more undercard and mid card events. Main eventers are welcomed, obviously, but let's try to keep it to the smaller memories.

Jeritron
03-19-2007, 02:41 PM
Remember when Chyna had to go on a date with Mark Henry and D'Lo was the chaufer..

Chuck Jones
03-19-2007, 05:35 PM
Remember when Undertaker and Kane interrupted almost every match on one episode of Raw? When their music hit, JR would say "Here we go again..."

Remember when Paul Bearer ended up in the sewer?

Remember the Truth Commission? What was up with those guys?

Remember Funk and Foley's hardcore match? I loved that match.

Kurrgan is apparently in 300 these days...

Remember The Patriot?

Remember Face Vader?

Remember INDEED!?

The Headbangers?

TLC on Raw in 2002?

Jeff Hardy vs Undertaker with my favorite ladder spot ever (using the ladder as the springboard). I actually thought Jeff would win.

Russenmafia
03-19-2007, 05:40 PM
Edge & Christian complaining that they didn't have their own dressing room. Foley then gave them the Mens toilets with an Edge & Christian Sign on it and stuck lazy boy recliners in it.

Jeritron
03-19-2007, 05:44 PM
The Rock's promo with the ladder pre-summerslam 98. "Rung, by rung, by damn rung"

When Goldust came down and flashed Debra to get her back for doing it the week before.

Chuck Jones
03-19-2007, 06:13 PM
HHH's Bazooka attack on Kane.

Russenmafia
03-19-2007, 06:46 PM
King of the Ring 1999. Austin vs Vince and Shane McMahon in a handicap ladder match. The winner gets full control of the WWF. Vince is out and says that Shane isn't feeling well and can't compete. He announces a replacement who turns out to be STEVE BLACKMAN. Being a Blackman mark at the time I marked out big time. Thought he had finally hit the top. Then Commish HBK catches Shane on GTV laughing with the Posse (showing he wasn't well), forces him to compete in the match and throws Blackman out.

Gutted...

94 SVT Cobra
03-20-2007, 12:59 AM
This is for the old school fans before attitude era....

Remember how fucking strange it was to see people doing "suck it" chops and spitting out infamous one liners fromt he rock and austin, when 2 weeks ago they were ripping on you for watching those "fags in tights?" when they asked what you did this past monday evening? I know i was shocked

Xero
03-20-2007, 01:00 AM
Blue Meanie: Goldust's bitch.

Xero
03-20-2007, 01:03 AM
Hardcore Holly and Al Snow (I think) fighting in a river.

Hardcore Championship: 24/7/365!

Head losing a match with the help of Head and Shoulders.

Pierre, the moose head!

Pepper, dog chow!

Savio
03-20-2007, 01:04 AM
Nation vs DX :drool:

Jeritron
03-20-2007, 01:04 AM
I think they fought TO a river. I don't remember them going in it, but it was pretty cool nonetheless.

I remember Road Dogg fighting Al Snow in the streets of Worcester.

Xero
03-20-2007, 01:07 AM
I'm almost positive the match I'm thinking of went across the river to the other side. It was at a Backlash I think.

Impeccable
03-20-2007, 07:19 AM
I'm almost positive the match I'm thinking of went across the river to the other side. It was at a Backlash I think.

It was at St. Valentine's massacre 1999.

Holly vs Snow in a hardcore match and they fought into the river, came back out and Snow got wrapped up in a wire fence by Holly and was beaten. Holly won the hardcore title.

I miss Attitude era!!!

Impeccable
03-20-2007, 07:21 AM
That match actually set the standard for the hardcore division I thought, although it lost steam in the final few minutes. I remember reading that Snow didn't know how cold it was going to be and it took his breath away.

King Jericho
03-20-2007, 08:31 AM
I remember Mark Henry and D'Lo against the Headbangers on Heat like every week, and then later, The Godfarther and D'Lo vs. Mosh and Thrasher every week on Heat.

Xero
03-20-2007, 10:24 AM
Christian going out for the Light Heavyweight Championship.

Also, Just Joe.

Doc Brown
03-20-2007, 10:43 AM
Pre Rumble 99

DX vs Corporation Mini Battle Royal, Chyna Wins due to Austin Interference.

Chyna winning, was possibly the last thing i would have expected.

* Sigh of sadness*

The good ol days indeed.

owenbrown
03-20-2007, 11:08 AM
It was at St. Valentine's massacre 1999.

Holly vs Snow in a hardcore match and they fought into the river, came back out and Snow got wrapped up in a wire fence by Holly and was beaten. Holly won the hardcore title.

I miss Attitude era!!!

It was at The Pyramid in Memphis that year when they were fighting in the Mississippi River.

Christian going out for the Light Heavyweight Championship.

That episode of Sunday Night Heat was probably the greatest ones they ever did if not the only greatest :lol:(if that is what Xero is refering to) Christian spending the entire hour trying to drop his weight to the Light Heavyweight limit. :lol:

Jeritron
03-20-2007, 11:18 AM
I remember everything from then, I just can't conjure it all up at will.

Xero
03-20-2007, 11:19 AM
That episode of Sunday Night Heat was probably the greatest ones they ever did if not the only greatest :lol:(if that is what Xero is refering to) Christian spending the entire hour trying to drop his weight to the Light Heavyweight limit. :lol:
:y: