PDA

View Full Version : YOUR Favorite World Champion - DAY 3

KayfabeMan
03-19-2007, 11:46 PM
Well, the voting is in AGAIN.

YOUR Favorite WCW Heavyweight Champion was, of course, Ric Flair.

That lists him with YOUR Favorite ECW Champion, Taz / Tazz.

Anyhow, on to our next bit of business.

YOUR Favorite NWA / TNA World Heavyweight Champion.

Same as before; you can vote based on whatever you'd like. Personal favoritism, the wrestler overall, the wrestler's title run, credibility, fan popularity / drawing power; whatever reason you'd like to vote for him. If you'd like to, elaborate on who you voted for and why.

I know that TNA and NWA are two separate entities, and will be separating as brands very soon with new titles and whatnot to come, however, for the purposes of this poll - and the belts history until it's otherwise made official, TNA Champions will be included as NWA Champions, as they will be in history.

I have listed other as an option for more miscellaneous Champions, such as Orville Brown, Buddy Rogers, Whipper Watson, etc. Let the voting commence.

Voting will close at midnight on Tuesday evening / Wednesday morning.

Skippord
03-19-2007, 11:49 PM
Dan Severn....Raven

KayfabeMan
03-19-2007, 11:55 PM
Harley Race :y:

A wrestler's wrestler, a man's man and a Champion's Champion.

True legend, and one of the best professional wrestlers in the history of the industry. Had classic matches, and was one of the last generation that had to really push for it and work the hardest. Much respect.

Corndad
03-20-2007, 12:49 AM
Ric Flair as I want to see Flair vs Flair

Savio
03-20-2007, 01:01 AM
Shit if only Kurt won the ECW title it coulda (soon) been Kurt vs Kurt vs Kurt vs Kurt vs Kurt

The One
03-20-2007, 01:11 AM
Flair. There is simply no contest.

Skippord
03-20-2007, 01:13 AM
I will rep anyone who doesnt say Flair

Jeritron
03-20-2007, 01:14 AM
I voted Funk. Why? Because I felt like it.
Mainly because I knew Flair would get all the votes.

KayfabeMan
03-20-2007, 01:40 AM
Arguably, Thesz or Race did just as much - if not more - with the NWA Title when they were Champions, respectively. Both men gave the belt credibility and defended it CONSTANTLY and were real shooters / hookers on top of it. This of course was in a time when that counted.

Just saying, keep in mind if going on who gave the belt prestige, skills, etc. don't forget to take a look back @ those two guys as well. That's all :y:

El Fangel
03-20-2007, 01:43 AM
The only championship reign that I Saw that I liked was Christians even though it was shit, so I voted for him, had I seen Flair's or Race' I would likely have voted for one of them.

SammyG
03-20-2007, 02:36 AM
I voted Christian.

The One
03-20-2007, 09:16 AM
Who voted AJ "Faggot" Styles...there's two of you. I hope you both die.

By the way, IF you arn't going to vote for Flair...Race is really the only other option that comes close. If you're refusing to vote for either of them, you are simply retarded or you havn't seen jack shit of the history of the NWA Title, which makes me question why your voting in the first place.

Jeritron
03-20-2007, 11:03 AM
serioulsy how could 2 people vote Styles?

Destor
03-20-2007, 11:35 AM
FLAIR

KayfabeMan
03-20-2007, 11:37 AM
Thesz, Race and Flair are my top three choices.

IMO, no one else on the list is in their league.

Interesting to see who everyone is voting for though. :y:

KayfabeMan
03-20-2007, 11:38 AM
BTW, I will be closing voting on this at 11:50 PM tonight.

Innovator
03-20-2007, 11:39 AM
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Savio
03-20-2007, 11:52 AM
I did not vote flair skippord

KayfabeMan
03-20-2007, 05:55 PM
I can't believe that anyone else isn't even close to Flair.

Anyhow, just under 6 hours til this closes.

Jeritron
03-20-2007, 06:42 PM
I wonder how many people will actually vote Flair when the WWF/E championship poll comes up....

The One
03-20-2007, 06:44 PM
Probably next to none. I'm one of the most hardcore Flair marks on this board, and even I am not so blindish to markism that I think he was the best WWE Champ...

Jeritron
03-20-2007, 06:51 PM
I'm glad to hear that. I just pictured some people being like "well he didn't have it long or that many times but I really thought the whole Miss Elizabeth/Flair/Savage fued was excellent and I loved him as a heel champ with Hennig"

Which, don't get me wrong, I loved. But I would never call the best WWF champ all time. I just was wondering how many people might say that or vote in such a way

Jeritron
03-20-2007, 06:53 PM
Also wondering, what were you planning on doing with the World Heavyweight Champions since brand extension in the WWE? Were you gonna throw them in with the WWE champs, or make a poll of their own, or leave them out all together?

And are you gonna do an AWA poll? Or any other promotions?

Crossrine
03-20-2007, 06:54 PM
Remember in Old E C dub' when they would chant, " FLAIR IS DEAD! FLAIR IS DEAD!..."

The One
03-20-2007, 07:01 PM
I'm glad to hear that. I just pictured some people being like "well he didn't have it long or that many times but I really thought the whole Miss Elizabeth/Flair/Savage fued was excellent and I loved him as a heel champ with Hennig"

I think Flair is in the top five best World Champions of WWE. Michaels, Austin, Rock and Hogan being the other four top 5...

Jeritron
03-20-2007, 07:04 PM
I certainly liked him. I'd also put Bret, Savage and HHH on that list. Maybe above flair, maybe not.
I have a hard time ranking favorite wrestlers, champions, matches, etc. It's much easier for me to group them. And if I had to group them, even though his time was short, I'd rank Flair up there with the tops.

Stickman
03-20-2007, 07:06 PM
I voted Giant Baba just cuz I like his name.

KayfabeMan
03-20-2007, 11:16 PM
Also wondering, what were you planning on doing with the World Heavyweight Champions since brand extension in the WWE? Were you gonna throw them in with the WWE champs, or make a poll of their own, or leave them out all together?

And are you gonna do an AWA poll? Or any other promotions?

As soon as this poll closes, there will be TWO polls going up at the same exact time [midnight tonight] - one will be for the AWA, and the other for WWWF / WWF / WWE - including all of the champions since the extension being in the same poll.

BigDaddyCool
03-20-2007, 11:18 PM
To be fair, the only time I've ever seen the NWA title be defended is when Christian had it.

El Fangel
03-20-2007, 11:21 PM
To be fair, the few times I've ever seen the NWA title be defended is when Christian had it or Jarrett had it.

Jeritron
03-20-2007, 11:28 PM
I wish Funk and Race got some more votes. Clearly Flair was destined, and deserved to win. But since he already won WCW I would have liked to see one of those 2 get the nod.

Jeritron
03-20-2007, 11:29 PM
Christians a great champion because he kinda evokes that NWA feel, I dunno. Tbh, Jarrett kinda does too.

The only problem is their current day credibility since the in company they're competing with they were merely IC champs.

BigDaddyCool
03-20-2007, 11:32 PM
Who voted AJ "Faggot" Styles...there's two of you. I hope you both die.

By the way, IF you arn't going to vote for Flair...Race is really the only other option that comes close. If you're refusing to vote for either of them, you are simply retarded or you havn't seen jack shit of the history of the NWA Title, which makes me question why your voting in the first place.

BTW, I love how I started the AJ "Faggot" Styles stuff and it sticks.

KayfabeMan
03-20-2007, 11:36 PM
What Jeritron said about Christian and Jarrett.

They also were good candidates in my opinion.

KayfabeMan
03-20-2007, 11:49 PM
Alright, voting is CLOSED.

I will be posting -TWO- threads right now:

1) Vote for YOUR Favorite WWE Champion
2) Vote for YOUR Favorite AWA Champion

Keep an eye out for both and head over to them and vote away.

Crossrine
03-21-2007, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by stickman
I voted Giant Baba just cuz I like his name.
In Arabic his name means Giant Father/grandfather
no joke

Stickman
03-21-2007, 01:38 PM
Well I never watched NWA so I had to base it on something.