PDA

View Full Version : Wrestlemania is the perfect oppurtunity for a Cena heel turn

RP
03-22-2007, 02:00 AM
Thats what it appears like to me. All this crap with Cena being really worried about Michaels having his back. WWE probably wants to keep the strap on Cena at Wrestlemania, but without totally killing HBK before HHH gets back. So wouldnt it make sense at Wrestlemania for Cena to turn heel on HBK ? Its the perfect time. The guy is really over again as the main face champion. And who better to turn him on then HBK? If there's one person that Cena could face and turn heel on and have it go over really well its HBK. Cause HBK, no matter if he's face or heel, always has been major routing intrest to the fans. In a sense. I think it could be like Stone Cold vs Rock Wrestlemania 17, but without Vince McMahon which i think would make it even better.

Impact!
03-22-2007, 02:25 AM
If that happens either Orton or Edge will have to turn face (imo)

El Fangel
03-22-2007, 02:31 AM
You know what, I would love to see Carlito get the push he had when he started, you know, beating Super-Cena. Carlito as the face champion would be fracking awesome.

Mr. Nerfect
03-22-2007, 03:13 AM
I've been thinking the same thing, too. Cena really should turn heel. I've always seen him as "the next Triple H" rather than "the next Rock".

Chris Benoit is rumoured to be moving over to RAW, remember. Edge or Orton wouldn't have to turn. Edge is probably about ready to turn face, anyway.

El Fangel
03-22-2007, 03:22 AM
If Orton was on Smackdown now, He and Bats could have an actual Wrestlemania Title feud, and if Benoit was on Raw we could see a half entertaining WWE title match, instead of Super-Cena vs A retirement home escape.

D Mac
03-22-2007, 03:30 AM
I've been thinking the same thing, too. Cena really should turn heel. I've always seen him as "the next Triple H" rather than "the next Rock".

Chris Benoit is rumoured to be moving over to RAW, remember. Edge or Orton wouldn't have to turn. Edge is probably about ready to turn face, anyway.

To me it looks like Orton is going to turn face. With Edge's little smirks and shit when he's screwing over Orton. Plus people are cheering for Orton now it seems like more then booing.

Mr. Nerfect
03-22-2007, 03:38 AM
To me it looks like Orton is going to turn face. With Edge's little smirks and shit when he's screwing over Orton. Plus people are cheering for Orton now it seems like more then booing.

Yeah, Orton will probably be the one to turn. I won't complain, because I think a face Orton (done right) would be refreshing. His abortion of a push in 2004 must not be counted.

I'd just prefer to see Edge turn. He and John Cena have great chemistry, and Edge has the promo skills to really make a great face. His run on SmackDown! with the Six was fantastic. It's amazing to go back and remember just how amazingly over Edge was.

Mr. JL
03-22-2007, 03:40 AM
I think I'd find it REAL difficult to start cheering for Edge as a face. I just love his heelish rants and actions in the ring too much to suddenly begin cheering him as a face.

D Mac
03-22-2007, 03:42 AM
Yeah he's the top heel Raw has right now. His whole "I won't wrestle in this city because it's racist" shit is hilarious.

Mr. JL
03-22-2007, 03:50 AM
Yeah, definitely.

Here's a thought though... Imagine if Cena started to come out, turn heel and claim "I won't wrestle in this city because it's racist". You could have guys being like, John.... YOUR WHITE! I think I'd definitely work.

But please just don't turn Edge face.

Rob
03-22-2007, 06:39 AM
Cena is the biggest draw in the company. Yeah turn him heel though because that makes a ton of sense.

Stickman
03-22-2007, 01:45 PM
I thought you were goign to talk about Mr. Perfect after reading the title.

RGWhat316
03-22-2007, 03:48 PM
I actually think Cena should turn heel as well. I'm reminded too much of WM 17 with Austin and Rock both being face, with Austin turning heel. Bottom line is, you can't have face v face at WM, someone always turns in the match or at the end. Cena has not officially been heel since 2003, while Shawn has played heel last in 2005, with him being teased as the heel now. So I think it's a perfect opportunity for Cena to finally turn.

Stickman
03-22-2007, 04:03 PM
I think it'd be funny if they had Cena turn on HBK and gets cheered for it thus making him face and HBK heel.

Savio
03-22-2007, 04:30 PM
Cena is the biggest draw in the company. Yeah turn him heel though because that makes a ton of sense.It's not like they haven't done it before.

Xero
03-22-2007, 04:37 PM
By WWE standards, turning Cena right when he's starting to get the pop they want in most cities would be considered "swerving the fans and good business".

Rob
03-22-2007, 07:23 PM
It's not like they haven't done it before.

They did it one single time before and they had The Rock who was arguably a bigger draw than Steve Austin when they turned him. Oh and that also turned out to be a miserable failure too since Rock was filming a movie whilst Austin was trying to get over as a heel.

You don't turn your number one babyface heel especially when the crowd still love him. It's a fucking idiot thing to do.

RP
03-23-2007, 01:20 PM
Isnt that when they started booing rock? Like at Summerslam against Brock?