PDA

View Full Version : I wish Brock Lesnar would have never left

Anybody Thrilla
03-25-2007, 03:22 PM
I know there's a topic about his MMA experiences right below this one, but I want to talk about what it would be like if Lesnar were still in the WWE. Say what you will about his attitude or whatever, but he was a fucking beast in the ring. One of the best big men I've ever seen. I bet the WWE would be in an overall better place if Lesnar were still around.

Thoughts?

M-A-G
03-25-2007, 03:25 PM
I agree. Because the WWE did nothing but book all of SmackDown! around his useless ass and Kurt Angle, the brand suffered big time when those two were absent in 2004. I don't miss him, just stating what happened.

BigDaddyCool
03-25-2007, 03:32 PM
Plus, if he was still around they probably wouldn't be forcing Batista and Lashely to be new Lesnars.

Anybody Thrilla
03-25-2007, 03:33 PM
Lesnar was a better Lesnar than both of them are, though.

Jeritron
03-25-2007, 03:34 PM
Well he was their groomed top guy. They knew Austin and Rock were gone, and HHH and Shawn were great but weren't going to be the big draws. So they made Brock their top guy.
In less than one year, they made him KOTR, had him go over all their midcard, Hogan, Rock for the title, Taker, win the rumble, and beat Angle in the Wrestlemania Main Event.
Thats the biggest push ever.

Then when he up and left there was a scramble to find the next, next big thing. Thats why Orton got pushed too fast, and Cena got pushed too hard once he finally got the title. We got sick of Cenas antics, and Orton is a waste to us now. Brock, no matter what you say about him, was cut and dry. His schtick wouldn't get bland. He was all business and was over and could certainly get it done in the ring. He had some great matches, and experience would only have made him better.
Plus they never cashed in on fueds that would have been huge in getting him over, like Benoit, Jericho, a continued fued with Eddie, a fued with deadman Taker, and what would have been an amazing fued with HBK. And of course the inevitable dream match between him and HHH since they were the two top champs at the time.
Shit, even matches against Foley and Austin wouldn't have been out of the cards.

Anybody Thrilla
03-25-2007, 04:01 PM
Remember when he was dancing with that mariachi band?

jindrak
03-25-2007, 04:06 PM
Lesner was the goods.

Lesner>Lashley

jindrak
03-25-2007, 04:07 PM
Remember when he kissed Kurt Angle?

THAT was kinda gay.

Xero
03-25-2007, 04:14 PM
http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g122/sandman3g/Wrestling/2888573kiss.jpg

Rammsteinmad
03-25-2007, 04:30 PM
Can someone explain that kiss? I still don't know the reason behind it.

Anyway, Lesnar was the goods. He had the look, and the talent. For a man his size he could move really fast and I never got bored with any of his matches.

I wish he hadn't left and I would love for him to come back. :y:

XL
03-25-2007, 04:42 PM
I'll be honest if there's one guy that I'm a mark for it's Brock Lesnar.

The impact he had when he arrived was something not seen in a long time. Don't get me wrong, I was as pissed as the next guy with the way he treated the business.

I'd love to see a return if only to provide me with a wider selection of pics fpr C-Fedding!

NoJabbaNoBogRoll
03-25-2007, 04:47 PM
I'm struggling to think of a wrestler that I enjoyed more than Lesnar.

I generally prefer the big men anyway, but he could move better than most cruiserweights.

Xero
03-25-2007, 04:53 PM
Lesnar was the guy I thought I would be enjoying for years. As already said, he was big but could move. He also used pretty innovative/uncommon moves, like the F5 (one of my favorite moves of all time) and the Stretch Muffler.

If he had kept in the WWE, I have no doubt that he would have Cena's spot and Cena would be in Batista's spot.

Kane Knight
03-25-2007, 04:58 PM
Lesnar's a whiny little bitch who is only in whatever hes in for himself.

That said, he was an awesome big man who the WWE could really use.

Londoner
03-25-2007, 05:00 PM
Yeah I was a fan of Lesnar to, fuck knows how good his career would've been by now had he stayed. He would be in a much better position than where he is now had everything gone to plan, and the WWE wouldn't have rushed so many wrestlers to the top.

Mr. Nerfect
03-25-2007, 06:55 PM
Brock Lesnar was the guy for the WWE. Not only was he the guy, but he was accepted as the guy. John Cena has been so forced down our throats. Lesnar was forced, but at least he went down easy.

I'm hoping he either fails in MMA or Vince offers him a lot of money and he comes back and leads the WWE, again. Turn Cena heel, and then have Lesnar come out on one RAW and F-5 the shit out of him. It would be magical.

Xero
03-25-2007, 07:31 PM
A Lesnar/Cena feud next year (being realistic) could be hugely over.

Quick Storyline idea (not great, but...):

Build up someone who attacks people in ascending order on the card, taking them out before matches. Start with the lower card around the Royal Rumble, and build up. At No Way Out have him screw the face in the championship match, but not using any of his signature moves (he could bring in another one to compliment the F5, say a spear, which begins Goldberg speculation). He then starts up again on RAW, leading to Mania.

During the main event, he comes out and looks like he's going to attack Cena's opponent (the face), but instead F5s Cena. Huge pop when they realize it's Lesnar, then he takes off the mask.

Lesnar aligns with the face, eventually losing the title to Cena (say in a cage match) for Lesnar to pick it up a bit later.

The only problem with this is having him actually do the angles and not have anyone realize it's him, as they would need to keep his identity a secret. Best thing would be to use someone with a similar build under a bodysuit/mask if they wanted to keep it under wraps.

HeartBreakMan2k
03-25-2007, 07:46 PM
When Lesnar left I lost interest. Having seen in wrestle in college and then see him do 450s and shooting stars at house shows, I was a huge brock mark.

Kane Knight
03-25-2007, 07:52 PM
Brock Lesnar was the guy for the WWE. Not only was he the guy, but he was accepted as the guy. John Cena has been so forced down our throats. Lesnar was forced, but at least he went down easy.

I'm hoping he either fails in MMA or Vince offers him a lot of money and he comes back and leads the WWE, again. Turn Cena heel, and then have Lesnar come out on one RAW and F-5 the shit out of him. It would be magical.

I don't really feel he was forced to us. He was pushed; we ate him up.

Lesnar was the perfect deal: He was over even with the IWC, but most importantly, he was over with the people buying things. He had a few catchphrases I even caught people not into wrestling using, and he was a flipping MONSTER. With TALENT. He had almost everything.

Can you imagine if they had a chance to slowly build up a feud with someone like Lashley, given Lashley had the chance to improve first?

Note: Nobody take this as a condoning of his prima donna attittude. I still think he's a fucking cock, but I love his work.

Mr. Nerfect
03-26-2007, 12:58 AM
I don't really feel he was forced to us. He was pushed; we ate him up.

Lesnar was the perfect deal: He was over even with the IWC, but most importantly, he was over with the people buying things. He had a few catchphrases I even caught people not into wrestling using, and he was a flipping MONSTER. With TALENT. He had almost everything.

Can you imagine if they had a chance to slowly build up a feud with someone like Lashley, given Lashley had the chance to improve first?

Note: Nobody take this as a condoning of his prima donna attittude. I still think he's a fucking cock, but I love his work.

That's a good point, he wasn't really forced down our throats. I merely meant that the way he was pushed, when not accepted as it was with Lesnar, is what is forced. John Cena, Randy Orton and Bobby Lashley (and to some extent, Dave Batista) have all been forced down our throat in an effort to emulate Brock Lesnar's quick success.

He is a fucking cock, but I wish he would come back. He and Chris Jericho would make the WWE a much better place.

Johnny Vegas
03-26-2007, 01:25 AM
Yea, um...maybe i am late, but what is the big deal about Lesnar? I mean he was ok to me, but i didn't see that many of his matches. Maybe i missed the good ones...:(

HeartBreakMan2k
03-26-2007, 01:26 AM
He was one of the best overall big men ever.

M-A-G
03-26-2007, 02:41 AM
Yea, um...maybe i am late, but what is the big deal about Lesnar? I mean he was ok to me, but i didn't see that many of his matches. Maybe i missed the good ones...:(

You speak as if there were more than one. His best work was done with Angle and even that's a stretch considering Angle's health was in question. Everything before (Show, Undertaker, Hardys) and after (Holly, Guerrero, Goldberg) was pretty bleh. The guy could've done more in terms of ring skill if they hadn't made him a generic power guy. The guy had THE PUSH to end all pushes. I don't know what everyone's whining about with Lashley and Cena and Batista when freaking Brock Lesnar got tossed in front of our faces with a label that pretty much said "This is the guy you're going to like and even if you don't tough sh*t because we already made up our minds and have the shirts ready". Not even Hogan got the kind attention Brock did. Getting 4 huge accomplishments within your rookie year despite showing nothing of value in terms of mic skills and ring ability? Call me crazy or someone who doesn't know what he's talking about but Jesus, the company's better off without him. The guy meant nothing to the world of wrestling and evidentally the world of wrestling means nothing to him.

XL
03-26-2007, 07:02 AM
M-A-G, you're crazy or someone who doesn't know what he's talking about!

:y:

Savio
03-26-2007, 08:32 AM
MAG is angry

tucsonspeed6
03-26-2007, 08:39 AM
Mad-Angry-Guy

Kane Knight
03-26-2007, 09:03 AM
That's a good point, he wasn't really forced down our throats. I merely meant that the way he was pushed, when not accepted as it was with Lesnar, is what is forced. John Cena, Randy Orton and Bobby Lashley (and to some extent, Dave Batista) have all been forced down our throat in an effort to emulate Brock Lesnar's quick success.

He is a fucking cock, but I wish he would come back. He and Chris Jericho would make the WWE a much better place.

I wouldn't say to some extent. Batista was not accepted during the first part of his push, so he was forced down our throats. Eventually, we grew to like the taste of him.

Most of the time, though, you're right; this kind of push ruins a good thing. Or a great thing. Or even a so-so thing.

Theo Dious
03-26-2007, 10:00 AM
They never should have taken Heyman away from him. They never should have turned him face when they did. And he shouldn't have won the title until Mania at the earliest. People talk about paying dues, and sometimes it's an exxageration, but if he had had to work for the top spot instead of being given it, he might have appreciated it more. Maybe it wouldn't have made a difference, but it also might have done one of two things: given him a reason to care BEFORE an entire half of the company was built aroung him, or, it might have made him realize that his heart wasn't in it... BEFORE an entire half of the company was built around him. I hope that someday he realizes that he had a great thing going for him and decides to come back and really apply himself. He has everything it takes to lead the company, except the desire. And that is quite frankly a great loss to wrestling fans everywhere.

Kane Knight
03-26-2007, 01:07 PM
The problem with the "paying dues" argument is that you cannot really use it to selectively justify certain people unless you are willing to use it to justify others.

As people have used it on Brock, the same can be said for hundreds of others that are bitched about. It suspends disbelief already by pretending the outcome might have been different, and it justifies an archaic tradition that only really seems to work through pure luck.

It's faulty logic.

Jordan
03-26-2007, 04:28 PM
HBK v.s Lesnar.... omg

Stickman
03-26-2007, 04:40 PM
I was never a huge fan of the guy. I didn't dislike him, but they built him way way too fast.

The One
03-26-2007, 04:59 PM
I never liked Lesnar. However, as far as wrestling fans go, I'm in the minority on that. He was an effective big man. He did carry a legit "big/real fight" atmosphere with him. He was featured as the Next Big Thing, and people bought it and ate it with a spoon. His depature was terrible. He put over Eddie (after a Goldberg run in) and then put over Goldberg (who also left). Outside of that, he was the man who could and would beat everybody. Everyone left in WWE has spent the past two years putting him over and never got any back. WWE's credibility when down on a whole after he left...

...though if you ask me who I'd rather see between Lesnar, Lashley or Batista, I'd pick Brock. Lesnar at least never made me turn off my TV, something Bats hasn't been able to say in over a year and something Lashley hasn't been able to say since his second match...

PullMyFinger
03-26-2007, 07:12 PM
The thing about Lesnar that he was believable. He had that look of the guy you just wanted to hate but was a badass a la the Soviet boxer in Rocky 4.

I'll never forget that chilling image when he kicked Hogan's ass and wiped his blood on his chest. Like he literally murdered the guy and was after the Rock next.

Come to think of it, didn't the Soviet boxer in Rocky 4 murder the Black boxer from Rocky 1? Did they just steal the whole storyline and give it to Brock who resembled a slightly Slavic guy?

The One
03-26-2007, 07:22 PM
Now that you mention it, that whole storyline (especially with Hogan doing his fucking retarded Mr. America thing) was straight out of Rocky 4.

Corkscrewed
03-27-2007, 02:53 AM
Lesnar's a whiny little bitch who is only in whatever hes in for himself.

That said, he was an awesome big man who the WWE could really use.

Can't agree with you more. He's one of those guys I separate into "wrestler life" and "real life," with the wrestler being absolutely awesome, even if the real version was/is a prissy cock.

Applies to JBL too.

V
03-27-2007, 02:59 AM
it's a terrible thing that the one guy who was good and was pushed correctly was the one to leave

Jeritron
03-27-2007, 12:35 PM
single most epic push of all time in professional wrestling. I would say he was forced down our throats but he wasn't, everyone took it willingly. All demographics of fan's seemed to really get into him in some way.

Theo Dious
03-27-2007, 01:28 PM
Come to think of it, didn't the Soviet boxer in Rocky 4 murder the Black boxer from Rocky 1?

He didn't MURDER him, Apollo refused to quit and eventually the guy hit him so hard that he broke his neck.

HeartBreakMan2k
03-27-2007, 01:32 PM
single most epic push of all time in professional wrestling. I would say he was forced down our throats but he wasn't, everyone took it willingly. All demographics of fan's seemed to really get into him in some way.

It's because he was the first legit guy WWE pushed as such. Just no non-sense, go get the job done and destroy everyone in the process. Realistically it's what ECW did and WWE should have done with Taz as well (being as how over Taz was and still is). Brock was just the first guy his size with every tool one could ask for in a wrestler.