PDA

View Full Version : I feel so sorry for Kane

KingofOldSchool
03-27-2007, 08:07 AM
Credit: Wrestling Observer

Mark Henry will be feuding with Kane upon his return to television. Henry made his return to WWE at last week's house show run in Mexico. He squashed Funaki in a few matches.

Theo Dious
03-27-2007, 08:08 AM
God dammit, hasn't the poor man suffered enough?!?!?!

lort
03-27-2007, 08:48 AM
Poor Funaki.

Kane Knight
03-27-2007, 08:54 AM
Why?

Shaggy
03-27-2007, 09:15 AM
Damn it...thats exactly what I dont want to see...Kane Vs Henry

KingofOldSchool
03-27-2007, 09:18 AM
Damn it...thats exactly what I dont want to see...Anyone Vs Henry

Fignuts
03-27-2007, 09:22 AM
Mark Henry rules, you guys.

Rammsteinmad
03-27-2007, 09:23 AM
Damn it...thats exactly what I dont want to see... Henry

Theo Dious
03-27-2007, 09:27 AM
After sidelining Kane, Ken Kennedy, Little Bastard, Michael Cole, and a pair of popcorn vendors, Mark Henry has again suffered a setback, this time in the form of a severely injured left knee.

"We just don't understand it," commentator Jim Ross said sadly in an interview. "It's as if God doesn't want him to compete."

When the possibility of divine intervention keeping Henry out of the ring was brought up to Vince McMahon, he responded with the following:
"Nobody tells Vincent Kennedy McMahon what to do, not even God. Mark Henry will be a success in this business if I have to kill the entire undercard to do it."
Mr. McMahon then attempted to fire Christian and Rhyno, apparently unaware that they have not been part of the company for quite some time.

Henry is expected to return to action sometime before Wrestlemania 24, when he will feud with Chris Masters for the World Heavyweight Championship. On a possibly related note, an eBay auction titled "WWE WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE, NOT JUST BELT BUT ACTUAL CHAMPIONSHIP" has appeared, with the seller's user name being wwe_mstrpce_123.

<A HREF="http://www.tpww.net"><B>BREAKING NEWS: ENTIRE WWE ROSTER TO NO-SHOW WRESTLEMANIA IN PROTEST OF HENRY TITLE MATCH??? MCMAHON "TOTALLY COOL" WITH ALL-HENRY CARD??? [READ >>]</B></a>

Xero
03-27-2007, 11:05 AM
I bet he interferes in the Kane/Khali match.

KingofOldSchool
03-27-2007, 12:23 PM
I bet he interferes in the Kane/Khali match.

I bet he comes back at the Smackdown tapings right after Mania.

Which is the same one I'm going to. :-\

Xero
03-27-2007, 12:35 PM
Take a "Liability, thy name is Henry" sign.

Theo Dious
03-27-2007, 12:40 PM
No, too many people are stupid and won't get it.

Something like "Henry Injured My Dad" would go down better.

Jeritron
03-27-2007, 12:46 PM
How about a sign that say I'm a Mark for Henry

Seriously though, what in the world does Vince see in this guy? He sucks. Probably won't get released until he injures someone Vince cares about.

Theo Dious
03-27-2007, 12:53 PM
So Cena or HHH then?

Xero
03-27-2007, 12:55 PM

Seriously though, what in the world does Vince see in this guy? He sucks. Probably won't get released until he injures someone Vince cares about.
He's big. As far as Vince is concerned, he's world championship material.

Jeritron
03-27-2007, 01:01 PM
Yea but even though he continues to push bland big men, he has at least known when to give up. Mark Henry is never going to be as over as he was in the lower midcard with the joke gimmick of sexual chocolate. He's lame and floundering and will suck til the day he's released. Regardless.

So he should go the route of Heidenreich, Matt Morgan, Nathan Jones and the long list of bland unentertaining big men that Vince failed with.

BigDaddyCool
03-27-2007, 01:01 PM
I think he has like a 10 year contract so they can't just fire him.

Jeritron
03-27-2007, 01:03 PM
Yes they can. It's not like he's gonna jump to the compettition and put Vince out of business. And if anything he should be put back in the Sexual Chocolate gimmick

Xero
I'm pretty sure that contract came up last year and they renewed it.

Blitz
His 10 year contract expired like last year, I think. They re-signed him.

Jeritron
03-27-2007, 01:04 PM
wow

Jordan
03-27-2007, 01:35 PM
I think they signed him to a million per year deal back in 96 for 10 years, and the new deal is I think like 100,000 - 300,000...

DAMN iNATOR
03-27-2007, 02:39 PM
Poor Kane. He just takes all kinds of shit like it's nothing which is one of his admirable qualities, is that he just basically goes out to the ring and takes care of his business, and leaves, but what's the point of even keeping him around if all you're going to do with the guy is just have him feud with big man after big man? He's taken on Batista twice in his career, once when he was at 320 and Bats at 317, and then just recently when he was at 323 and Bats at 290. And now he's going up against Khali who's billed at 420, and if he does have to feud with Henry, that's REALLY going to plummet his credibility as even a mid-carder. All I'm saying I guess is that I'm glad I'm not in Kane's shoes, or otherwise I probably wouldn't have put up with all the crap he's had to endure over his career. I would've packed my bags long ago and split. But I guess he must figure as long as he's got a check coming to him every show, that it's all he's got for now...anywho....that's my thoughts personally on Kane.

thedamndest
03-27-2007, 02:46 PM
Are they not going to make Kane/Khali a gimmick match? Ever since Kane's been bringing that hook to the ring I thought it would be either on a pole, or they would have a variation of a strap match. Moving Kane to Smackdown was cool at first, decent feud with MVP, but now he's just feuding with people Undertaker has gone over.

Kane Knight
03-27-2007, 02:48 PM

On top of being a hoss, he's probably a team player. You could kill someone in ring, and Vince would go to bat for you, as long as you're a hoss who is likable enough backstage.

Actually, I hear Jesus wasn't fired, Cena snapped and shanked him.

Theo Dious
03-27-2007, 02:49 PM
No, Jesus was released because he wasn't over with Pilate. :shifty:

Corkscrewed
03-27-2007, 03:26 PM
Well, Kane does his job and doesn't complain, so while I feel he deserves better, I'm not too sorry for him, because he doesn't seem to mind it himself.

If he goes on a rampage at the WWE Studios one day, though, then we'll know why.

BigDaddyCool
03-27-2007, 03:33 PM
Do you think Kane will ever get a thank you world/heavywieght title run?

Theo Dious
03-27-2007, 03:36 PM
If he goes on a rampage at the WWE Studios one day, though, then we'll know why.

Yeah, the entire writing staff will be found with their eyes gouged out.

Xero
03-27-2007, 04:22 PM
On top of being a hoss, he's probably a team player. You could kill someone in ring, and Vince would go to bat for you, as long as you're a hoss who is likable enough backstage.

Actually, I hear Jesus wasn't fired, Cena snapped and shanked him.
Jesus refused to job to Hunter.

M-A-G
03-27-2007, 04:29 PM
I guess it's better than Batista vs. Henry....but not by a lot.

Kane Knight
03-27-2007, 05:15 PM
I guess it's better than Batista vs. Henry....but not by a lot.

Howso? Batista getting injued isn't really a lose. ;)

KingofOldSchool
03-27-2007, 05:15 PM
Jesus refused to job to Cena.

Afterlife
03-27-2007, 05:16 PM
Better? Or just "Not Worse"?

Skippord
03-27-2007, 06:01 PM
I love Kane but the poor guy cannot catch a break

until Henry breaks his arm

DAMN iNATOR
03-27-2007, 06:46 PM
Do you think Kane will ever get a thank you world/heavywieght title run?

That'd be pretty doubtful, I would say, unless Kane has changed his attitude about the amount of shows he'd have to work as a World Champion.

Fignuts
03-27-2007, 08:47 PM
Mark Henry rules, you guys.

Xero
03-27-2007, 08:57 PM
People who think Mark Henry "rules" in turn are sexually attracted to Mae Young.

Mr. Nerfect
03-27-2007, 11:41 PM
That'd be pretty doubtful, I would say, unless Kane has changed his attitude about the amount of shows he'd have to work as a World Champion.

How so? Kane works any show he's asked to.

I am a huge Kane mark, but these feuds with Khali and Mark Henry are doing nothing for nobody (all Khali sarcasm aside). Why can't they just have Mark Henry and Johnny Nitro dressed as women during the Lumberjill Match, to help Melina retain? I can't believe I just suggested that. :|

Henry's last run was quite decent, but he doesn't have the charisma to be a major player. They should just have him become MVP's bodyguard, or something. As a second man, I could see him being quite tolerable.

AdrianM
03-28-2007, 12:46 AM

I am a huge Kane mark, but these feuds with Khali and Mark Henry are doing nothing for nobody (all Khali sarcasm aside). Why can't they just have Mark Henry and Johnny Nitro dressed as women during the Lumberjill Match, to help Melina retain? I can't believe I just suggested that. :|

hey, i like that idea about johnny nitro. @ least it gets him on the card.

Theo Dious
03-28-2007, 09:16 AM
I hope they don't put Henry back with Melina. I like her too much for that.

Afterlife
03-28-2007, 10:07 AM

Henry's last run was quite decent, but he doesn't have the charisma to be a major player. They should just have him become MVP's bodyguard, or something. As a second man, I could see him being quite tolerable.

Yes, put Mark "The Injurist" Henry as the second fiddle to Montel Vontavious "Ten Years For Drug Trafficking" Porter. Now THAT'S a winning team. At least I"d get all my boos out at once.

tucsonspeed6
03-28-2007, 11:22 AM
No, too many people are stupid and won't get it.

Something like "Henry Injured My Dad" would go down better.

Or put a big cartoony bandaid on your sign that says "Henry injured my sign", or something to that effect.

So he should go the route of Heidenreich, Matt Morgan, Nathan Jones and the long list of bland unentertaining big men that Vince failed with.

Hey, don't talk about Heidenreich like that. He's my friend. :shifty:

That's the best idea I've ever seen from you. It's crap, but it's still an improvement.