PDA

View Full Version : SummerSlam: Possible Spoiler

Marc the Smark
03-27-2007, 10:29 PM
http://www.wrestling-edge.com/wwenew..._from=&ucat=1&

"Vince McMahon is planning on wrestling in a main event at this year's SummerSlam."

Against Cena? Lashley? Who, if anyone, do you think it will (or should) be and what do you think of the news?

I know around the Attitude era Vince started being really involved in being the mega boss heel. It was great with the Austin/Vince feud angle, throw a little bit of the Rock in there and it was awesome. But now, from Hair vs. Hair, to trying to destroy DX, and all the extra drama in between leading back to Austin... is the whole Vince persona getting more and more more stale over time??

Who here thinks Vince constantly trying to recreate his success in the way of feuding with some random wrestler/fan/celebrity/ect. is just getting way past old??

Jeritron
03-27-2007, 10:31 PM
If its the actual main event, and not just A main event, then it's gotta be a pretty decent draw. So who knows.

Marc the Smark
03-27-2007, 10:34 PM
I wonder if maybe Cena will lose the title before Summerslam because of "Mr. McMahon," then want to get back at him in a match. But will that really make big money? And would McMahon vs. Lashley? :nono:

Caged Heat18
03-27-2007, 10:39 PM
He'll fight Rey Mysterio based on the angle they ran on Smackdown a few weeks ago.

Nark Order
03-27-2007, 10:44 PM
Foley?

Xero
03-27-2007, 10:49 PM
Once again, you manage to post old news.

Marc the Smark
03-27-2007, 10:50 PM
Foley?

That'd be a good match, but not for a main event. Maybe if he did some thing to bring back the psycho Cactus Jack... now that could work wonders! The problem is, Foley's apparently in more pain now than he's ever been, if that's even possible. That's why I'm not sure about it being him. But isn't Triple H coming back for Summerslam???

Marc the Smark
03-27-2007, 10:58 PM
I know around the Attitude era Vince started being really involved in being the mega boss heel. It was great with the Austin/Vince feud angle, throw a little bit of the Rock in there and it was awesome. But now, from Hair vs. Hair, to trying to destroy DX, and all the extra drama in between leading back to Austin... is the whole Vince persona getting more and more more stale over time??

Who here thinks Vince constantly trying to recreate his success in the way of feuding with some random wrestler/fan/celebrity/ect. is just getting way past old??

Xero
03-27-2007, 11:00 PM
I think Vince is going more for his 80's style of booking than Attitude style to be honest. Sort of like a melding of the two.

Mr. Nerfect
03-27-2007, 11:20 PM
Yeah, it is a melding between the two. They can't decide if they want John Cena to be the next Hulk Hogan, the next Rock, or next Austin.

I personally like the idea of a Vince McMahon vs. Rey Mysterio match, just because Vince could believeably chuck Rey around a bit. It would be an interesting dynamic, as I don't think Vince has ever really stepped in the ring with a cruiserweight. Rey Mysterio's comeback of beating the crap out of Vince cruiserweight-style would be a moment to remember, too. :y:

Mr. Nerfect
03-27-2007, 11:20 PM
Maybe Vince McMahon vs. Chris Jericho in a match where if Jericho wins, he gets his job back? :drool:

Jeritron
03-27-2007, 11:52 PM
Imagine if Jericho came back and they started a storyline where Vince wouldn't let him get his job back, and it eventually gained steam and turned into a full fledged fued like Austin/McMahon and McMahons quest to keep him out of WWE and never let him get the belt. Then it culminates with him winning the rumble and taking the belt off of Vince's handpicked champion.

Holy rehash I'd mark out.

Corkscrewed
03-28-2007, 12:02 AM
Wow, this is the fifth old news post made by RHS? Reviving the old gimmick eh? :lol:

RP
03-28-2007, 12:24 AM
Maybe Vince can just stay out of the ring and make a real Main Event i'm intrested in.

Mr. Nerfect
03-28-2007, 02:44 AM
Maybe Vince can just stay out of the ring and make a real Main Event i'm intrested in.

That's a good idea, too. :y:

St. Jimmy
03-28-2007, 06:57 AM
Vince vs. Aurora Rose. No Contest.

Volare
03-28-2007, 07:11 AM
Aurora goes over due to toy hammer...:shifty: