PDA

View Full Version : Sometime I wish they did make it more like a real sport

BigDaddyCool
03-28-2007, 01:56 PM
Maybe it is because I'm a nerd accountant, but I wish they would make wrestling more like a real sport and keep win loss record and have a wrestler stats more than just when they find it convient for story lines or whatever. We all know 'Taker and Edge are undefeated at Wrestlemainia, but what about the rest of their careers? Samoa Joe and Goldberg had long winning/undefeated streaks, but after one loss they stopped keeping count. Also, they only do like "tales of the tape" or whatever for some bullshit match like McMahon v. Trump, but not for Umaga v. Lashley (who are acctaully competing in the match).

Idk, I guess it just annoys me that they only do that crap for certain storylines. It isn't like it is hard to count that kind of crap.

BigDaddyCool
03-28-2007, 01:57 PM
PS, I don't care if they did it at house shows, because house don't count unless otherwise noted.

Stickman
03-28-2007, 02:09 PM
I've wanted this for a long time.

BigDaddyCool
03-28-2007, 02:31 PM
I suppose it would be kind of hard to implment this now...but they could start after like wrestlemania and eventually it would kinda even out.

Stickman
03-28-2007, 02:42 PM
Yeah. I dont' know about a win/loss record, but more like an actually defined condership. Like a top 10 condenders and whatnot.

BigDaddyCool
03-28-2007, 03:37 PM
Yeah. I dont' know about a win/loss record, but more like an actually defined condership. Like a top 10 condenders and whatnot.

Yeah, some sort of ranking for like belts. They could work it into a story line, I would anyhow.

Mercury Bullet
03-28-2007, 03:44 PM
Rankings would be a definate plus. I've argued this point with my friends for quite some time. Having rankings and records would make every match better and the show better overall simply because it would make almost any match worth something. Opening up Raw with Rob Conway vs. Val Venis is piss-break time but it might actually matter if they we're trying to move through the ranks of the Intercontinental Title division. Even if it was for 11th or 12th place sort of thing. A win is a win and it moves you closer to the gold.

Kane Knight
03-28-2007, 04:30 PM
Yeah, this sort of thing ws suggested, and got called gay when they were.

The idea of a top contendership is fine, but win loss records get gayed up really fast in WWE.

Road Warrior
03-28-2007, 06:41 PM
Old WCW used to have rankings every week. They would always display the top 10 and the number 1 contender would always be the U.S. Champ. If they did that in WWE I think it would really help bring back the prestige to the IC Title and help the mid carders out alot,

BigDaddyCool
03-28-2007, 07:11 PM
Old WCW used to have rankings every week. They would always display the top 10 and the number 1 contender would always be the U.S. Champ. If they did that in WWE I think it would really help bring back the prestige to the IC Title and help the mid carders out alot,

Or it would help keep the maineventers getting stale.

Fignuts
03-28-2007, 07:16 PM
I agree BDC, and thats a big reason why I watch a lot more Japan stuff than WWE and TNA. They have rsults on the sports page of their newspapers and everything.

BigDaddyCool
03-28-2007, 11:14 PM
I agree BDC, and thats a big reason why I watch a lot more Japan stuff than WWE and TNA. They have rsults on the sports page of their newspapers and everything.

I don't think they need to go that far as putting shit in the paper, but yeah just recording stats would be nice.

McLegend
03-28-2007, 11:17 PM
Yes but in Japan wrestling isn't treated as a joke like here in Good ole America

Jura
03-28-2007, 11:21 PM
Who had that sig where it says, "In Mexico wrestling is a religion, In Canada it's a tradition, in Japan it's a sport and in America it's a joke"?

El Fangel
03-28-2007, 11:22 PM
I think a tale of the tape before every match would add to it a bit, its fun to read about thier height, weight etc before the match. It makes it seem like a boxing match where you compare height, weight, and arm reach etc advantages and such.

McLegend
03-28-2007, 11:23 PM
Who had that sig where it says, "In Mexico wrestling is a religion, In Canada it's a tradition, in Japan it's a sport and in America it's a joke"?
It's a CM Punk quote and I know Innovator had it in his sig for awhile. I'm not sure if anyone else has had it though.

El Fangel
03-28-2007, 11:23 PM
I don't know but thats funny, and whoever made that quote, and is using that quote is getting a rep.

McLegend
03-28-2007, 11:27 PM
Actually Innovator still has the quote in his sig.

Kane Knight
03-28-2007, 11:30 PM
I think a tale of the tape before every match would add to it a bit, its fun to read about thier height, weight etc before the match. It makes it seem like a boxing match where you compare height, weight, and arm reach etc advantages and such.

I think doing ti before major fights (main events, major rivalries/feuds, all title matches--Even the CW and Women's titles, I suppose) is enough.

El Fangel
03-28-2007, 11:33 PM
I think doing ti before major fights (main events, major rivalries/feuds, all title matches--Even the CW and Women's titles, I suppose) is enough.
Yeah main events and title matches seem ok, as do major matches, I supposed doing it often would make it boring.

Mercury Bullet
03-28-2007, 11:35 PM
I agree with the above two posts. Anything with serious implications should be treated a little more seriously.

Mr. Nerfect
03-28-2007, 11:49 PM
Yeah, a Tale of the Tape for main event matches would be sweet. If there's some kind of story, or a Title on the line. Basically whenever it feels right.

I'd also love for rankings to be established, and maybe some experts (probably legends and the colour commentator) throwing in their prediction as to who is going to win.

A lot of this could be done on WWE.com, I guess.

94 SVT Cobra
03-29-2007, 02:17 AM
This is truly a brillant idea...which means, well never see it, or any ideas of it, ever happening.

Bad Company
03-29-2007, 03:19 AM
This is truly a brillant idea...which means, well never see it, or any ideas of it, ever happening.

Yeah, I couldn't agree more.

M-A-G
03-29-2007, 04:26 AM
Buuuut....it's not a real sport....

The Mackem
03-29-2007, 07:29 AM
It would appear quite easy to implement.

You pick a championship on one of the brands - probably midcard as they need the potential generated interest more.

You work it so you have a heel champ going around not wanting to defend against 'unworthy' opponents and doesn't defend for a month or two which gathers heat from the rest of the lockeroom. Either a GM or a handful of wrestlers against the champ demand the champion starts to defend the championship and either they or the champ proposes the ranking system. It would work well following a big win for a heel champ at a PPV.

Pros - Ranking system makes people care more about some of the midcarders

Cons - Not much of a random element to matches and obviously extremely easy to deviate from with WWE's history with such things

Kane Knight
03-29-2007, 09:05 AM

In-fuckin'-Deed.