PDA

View Full Version : Is Wrestlemania still special to you?

The MAC
03-29-2007, 02:07 AM
does the fact that theres a ppv every month dilute your anticipation for WM?Is it still "Holy fuck! Is Wrestlemania!" or "mania..meh"

Jeritron
03-29-2007, 02:09 AM
Nah I'm still always pumped for mania. I do however wish there were less PPVs, not because of its effect on mania, but for the good of the product the other 11 months of the year.

Blitz
03-29-2007, 02:10 AM
What Jeritron said.

SammyG
03-29-2007, 02:12 AM
It really depends on the card Mania has. I am actually pretty pumped for this year's Mania. You never know, it could be something special.

Mr. JL
03-29-2007, 02:20 AM
WrestleMania has not meant a damn thing to me since WrestleMania X-8. There have been some good matches (HBK v. Y2J, Guerrero v. Angle, HHH v. HBK v. Benoit, Michaels v. Angle) but it has never been quite the same since X-8.

El Fangel
03-29-2007, 02:25 AM
What Blitz said first of all.

In my opinion as of WMXX there has been nothing, it was the epitone(Sp?) of Wrestling since 2001. And WM's seem to go downhill from there.It was great at 17 and 18, pretty cool at 19 and now, I am more along the lines of ...meh since Cena is fighting this year, and last year HHH tapped to him, too many things are predictable, so its lost its glamour for me.

M-A-G
03-29-2007, 04:23 AM
It all depends on the build and the card.

St. Jimmy
03-29-2007, 04:30 AM
Special like that "special" feeling I get when I look between my cousin Cindy's legs? Yeah. :shifty:

Impeccable
03-29-2007, 05:12 AM
Not any more. It may have something to do with me not actually buying it since I moved out of my parents house though.

Kane Knight
03-29-2007, 09:20 AM
Mania is no longer special to me , but for a different reason.

The Royal Rumble this year marked the first time I had gone a year without ordering a PPV in many many years. I almost always got all of the "big four" events. But when Rey won the Rumble, when it became clear Rey was going to get a push to the championship, what little interest I had was LOST. I didn't order or watch Mania for the first time since I was like, 15 and unable to afford it. And this year, no rumble, and likely still no Mania.

It's not the number of PPVs. Mania's been special to me despite the increase. It's shitty Main Events I don't want to see, Undercards where I only want to watch like one or two guys, and a price tag that makes me say it's not worth it.

Fallen Angel, I think you're looking for "epitome" and also using it slightly wrong. Mostly, though, you're looking for epitome.

Caged Heat18
03-29-2007, 09:23 AM
It all depends on the build and the card.

The One
03-29-2007, 12:27 PM
WrestleMania XIX was the last time I personally felt "Mania Magic." Since then, it's just seemed like an overhyped PPV with maybe one dream match per Mania...

XX - Eddie/Angle (which kind of disappointed)
21 - HBK/Angle
22 - Uh...didn't even have one... :-\

BigDaddyCool
03-29-2007, 12:27 PM
Yeah, it still feels special. Sure there are a ton of other holidays, but 4th of July all ways gets me pumped. I get to drink heavily and blow shit up, and encouraged to do such, unlike the rest of the year.

Shaggy
03-29-2007, 01:58 PM
Mania has always been a big deal for me....I always request the day off and tell them its a religious holiday...they know the truth but dont really care...

Its the one day out of the year that I really look forward to the most.

addy2hotty
03-29-2007, 02:24 PM
I would have ordered Mania if it had been in HD here in the UK, but its not. I can wait for the day after, as the card is pretty meh in my opinion.

I said the same last year as well tbh.

So, in conclusion, yes, it's lost its specialness to me.

Russenmafia
03-29-2007, 02:43 PM
Mania is still special to me. The card is not the best but I can see it being an entertaining show. Many people thought WM22 wouldn't be good but it turned to be a good show.

Jeritron
03-29-2007, 02:46 PM
There's always that wrestlemania buzz, regardless of where the product has been the past years, Wrestlemania has always remained big and exciting.

When I look at the mid 90s, I think of Wrestlemanias as unexciting and very small scale, in a time where the product was floundering.

Now, even though myself and many fans have issues with the product, they seem to get that epic feel and the buzz of mania together every year. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't excited for Sunday.

Rammsteinmad
03-29-2007, 03:20 PM
The last two Mania's felt like Mania's, but the last "proper Mania feeling" I got was with 20. This years doesn't excite me at all. Me and friend will be getting it, but I'm really not excited. It doesn't feel like Wrestlemania at all.

In fact, for a show that should really be showcasing the best of the best, all they've really worked at promoting is Trump and McMahon.

anandraval
03-29-2007, 03:27 PM
Wwe needs to decrease the yearly number of ppvs. Stick to brand preservation. No more interbrand wars. 3 Raw, 3 Smackdown! 4 all brands an
1 ecw ppv would do da job well.

Blue Demon
03-29-2007, 04:00 PM
Nah I'm still always pumped for mania. I do however wish there were less PPVs, not because of its effect on mania, but for the good of the product the other 11 months of the year.

:yes:

Goulet
03-29-2007, 04:29 PM
Wwe needs to decrease the yearly number of ppvs. Stick to brand preservation. No more interbrand wars. 3 Raw, 3 Smackdown! 4 all brands an
1 ecw ppv would do da job well.
http://www.gamesark.co.jp/catalog/wwegoods/img/500171_s.jpg
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c20/cdoogy/retard.jpg

DAMN iNATOR
03-29-2007, 04:44 PM
I am ALWAYS pumped for Mania whether or not it's supposed to be anything "huge" or whatever, and I always look forward to SummerSlam, Survivor Series and the Rumble as well.

Volchok
03-29-2007, 07:42 PM
Usually when I see the highlights package for Wrestlemania I get goosebumps, I don't know why, But the one for WM22 with Shinedowns song, still gives me goosebumps when I watch it.

NeanderCarl
03-29-2007, 07:56 PM
WrestleMania and Royal Rumble are the only shows I would still buy, in spite of the card. Last year's WrestleMania looked extremely lacklustre on paper, but they managed to pull out a pretty good show, I'd give it a 7/10.

There's still something about WrestleMania. The wrestlers put on their working boots, WWE put huge money into the design, storylines come to a conclusion, new ones sometimes even begin, new looks are unveiled, heel turns, face turns, break-ups, alliances, the crowd is normally pumped (which ALWAYS adds to a show).... it's still the best PPV of the year from every angle with the possibly only exception of in-ring (because other PPVs can be filled with 5* matches yet not have the big time feel of a Mania)

Juan
03-29-2007, 09:37 PM
WrestleMania and Royal Rumble are the only shows I would still buy, in spite of the card. Last year's WrestleMania looked extremely lacklustre on paper, but they managed to pull out a pretty good show, I'd give it a 7/10.

There's still something about WrestleMania. The wrestlers put on their working boots, WWE put huge money into the design, storylines come to a conclusion, new ones sometimes even begin, new looks are unveiled, heel turns, face turns, break-ups, alliances, the crowd is normally pumped (which ALWAYS adds to a show).... it's still the best PPV of the year from every angle with the possibly only exception of in-ring (because other PPVs can be filled with 5* matches yet not have the big time feel of a Mania)

Truer words were never spoken...

Jeritron
03-29-2007, 10:23 PM
At first I was a little nervous with there only being 8 matches but I think it only means they'll put more time and effort into the ones they have. I wouldn't be suprised if Michaels/Cena ended up being a 40 minute match.
And with a thin card and so much talent in MITB, perhaps they'll give that match a half hour.

I'm really pumped for those 2 matches, and Mania in general. I don't care what anyone says, the battle of the billionaires has Wrestlemania Moment written all over and I've actually gotten into it. At first I was thinking, oh this is garbage but I've gotten into Lashley with this storyline/push. He's actually showing some semblance of getting over. The Trump/McMahon shit and the hollywood glitz of it and all the media publicity. WrestleFuckinMania all over it.

Plus Taker/Batista. I hate Bats and I love Taker (though he doesnt interest me much anymore). Nonetheless, right there I have an investment in the match emotionally. I'm amped for it. I care about who wins. And it's actual believable that it may go either way based on where the company is right now. So I'm into that soley for the outcome, and who knows, maybe they'll pull out a good match. The crowd will certainly be into it.

Pumped for Sunday.

V
03-29-2007, 11:34 PM
i have stopped watching wrestling regulalry since eddie died. a lot of things have kept me away from it.. i really thought wrestlemania would have brought me into it, but everytime i watch raw i get bored out of my mind. the only thing i've enjoyed so far this year was the royal rumble and (i'm a mark, sue me) austin's segments on raw.

I will be watching this year's wresltemania without knowing any of the storylines and match build up behind the matches. might be an interesting experience =\

HeartBreakMan2k
03-30-2007, 12:43 AM
Mania hasn't been special for a very long time, sure there is always a great match (HBK being in most of them) but there's nothing exciting about the build anymore. The road to WrestleMania was always what made it special, and WWE doesn't built a proper road in quite a long time.

El Fangel
03-30-2007, 01:29 AM
Im slightly interested.

Russenmafia
03-30-2007, 03:47 PM
I have enjoyed the build up to the Battle of the Billionaires match. Mostly because we are getting it hyped up on every show. This is what WWE PPV main events have lacked since the brand split. In the Attitude Era, you had two shows a week to hype a PPV and I thought with more shows to hype the match, I was more excited to watching it.

Its the Trump vs McMahon match im most looking forward to seeing as it has been hyped the most. Hopefully with the brand only PPV's now ending, the main event matches can be hyped on RAW and SD!

Mr. Nerfect
03-31-2007, 03:27 AM
WrestleMania has kind of stopped meaning anything to me. I didn't watch WrestleMania 21, and was quite upset that I missed it, but after I saw the Eddie/Rey match and MITB, I was fine. I couldn't have cared less about the "Cena era".

WrestleMania 22 was watched by me, but I wasn't excited, and didn't feel the event was particularly good. I don't know if I'm going to order this year.

So no, WrestleMania is no longer super special to me.