PDA

View Full Version : Adult Swim to save itself?

St. Jimmy
03-29-2007, 04:13 PM
Shin-Chan returns to Adult Swim
Cartoon Network brings back anime in late spring, early summer
© Dominic von Riedemann

Feb 20, 2007
Shin-Chan - Photo Credit: from cfhf.net
FUnimation has confirmed that the Cartoon Network will bring back Crayon Shin-Chan to Adult Swim in the late spring, early summer. A DVD will follow in August.

(Source: www.toonzone.net)

As promised, here's the follow-up to a story I posted on my blog back in November: Crayon Shin-Chan will return to Adult Swim.

FUNimation, which owns Shin-Chan's licensing for North America, has confirmed that the popular anime will return to the network in the late spring or early summer. Shin-Chan did a successful test run on Adult Swim last August.

The company also announced that they will release a Season One DVD of Shin-Chan sometime in August. No further details were released at this time.

Yoshito Usui first drew the manga back in 1990 for Weekly Manga Action, and it became an anime for studio Shin' ei Doga two years later. Although Crayon Shin-Chan was originally created for Japanese children, due to content issues it is considered for adults only in North America.

P.S. - For those of you who don't know what I'm talking about, you can get a taste of Crayon Shin-Chan over here.

Shin Chan was amazing on AS. Better than all of thier other in-house stuff.