PDA

View Full Version : Anybody else a little let down

Stickman
03-30-2007, 12:01 PM
that HBK turned on Cena the Monday before mania? I think they should've done it a week earlier, that way the Raw before Mania would have a lot of tension. We all complained about the lack of creativity in the storyline, but it would've been built if they had one more week.

Thoughts?

Jeritron
03-30-2007, 12:02 PM
I think they shouldn't have done it at all

Mercury Bullet
03-30-2007, 12:10 PM
^ Yeh I was going to say that too. They put it off so long with teases they just shoulda dropped it altogether. It was pretty needless.

Mr. Nerfect
03-30-2007, 12:10 PM
Yeah, I don't think they should have done it at all. I guess this week's RAW would have been better, though, because it leaves a lot of unanswered questions heading into the event.

It also gives me hope that John Cena will turn heel.

ttetf
03-30-2007, 12:11 PM
I think it was weak. They either should have done something to create a rivalry between them weeks ago or not done it at all, leaving them unsure partners heading into Mania (as weak as that in and of itself would have been)

Theo Dious
03-30-2007, 12:14 PM
What the hell would be so wrong with a title match that actually had two well-loved faces with mutual respect for one another actually step into the ring, shake hands, say "let's do this" and proceed to put on the match of their lives, without having to put in all this high animosity, "I'll kill you and everyone close to you to win that shiny belt" crap? Take a chance, you rat bastards. :foc:

Stickman
03-30-2007, 12:40 PM
I was hoping HBK superkicked Cena to cost them the Tag Titles.

M-A-G
03-30-2007, 12:48 PM
I didn't see the point of it at all. If they were going to do it, it might as well have been done a la Rock and Austin before WM 17 with them giving each other their finishers and stuff.

Mr. Nerfect
03-30-2007, 12:48 PM
I was hoping HBK superkicked Cena to cost them the Tag Titles.

That would have been better. Have Shawn cost himself and Cena the World Tag Team Titles to Charlie Haas & Shelton Benjamin, and then have them go in without the belts to WrestleMania.

That way you have Shawn Michaels vs. John Cena, with room for one of them turn, without the belts being damaged. Not only that, but throw The World's Greatest Tag Team into a match against Paul London & Brian Kendrick in a World Tag Team Champions vs. WWE Tag Team Champions Match.

M-A-G
03-30-2007, 12:49 PM
Another way would've been for them to have some miscommunication in a Tag Title defense that costs them the titles and then one of them attacks the other out of anger.

Mr. Nerfect
03-30-2007, 12:50 PM
I didn't see the point of it at all. If they were going to do it, it might as well have been done a la Rock and Austin before WM 17 with them giving each other their finishers and stuff.

Come on, we all know that John Cena and Shawn Michaels are so massively over as the greatest young Superstars that ever lived, to the point where if they touched each other, the world would implode. :roll:

Sorry, I was possessed by the WWE mindset for a moment there.

Mr. Nerfect
03-30-2007, 12:50 PM
Another way would've been for them to have some miscommunication in a Tag Title defense that costs them the titles and then one of them attacks the other out of anger.

That would have been sweet, too. :y:

Stickman
03-30-2007, 01:17 PM
I think it'd would have been interesting if HBK did what he did with the Rockers. He do all the work in the matches and not make a tag.

Kane Knight
03-30-2007, 08:04 PM
that HBK turned on Cena the Monday before mania? I think they should've done it a week earlier, that way the Raw before Mania would have a lot of tension. We all complained about the lack of creativity in the storyline, but it would've been built if they had one more week.

Thoughts?

Given the two choics, I'll take the one they did.