PDA

View Full Version : Smallville

Kane Knight
02-21-2004, 01:11 PM
Anyone here follow the series?

The only way I can see it is on DVD...I kinda liked the first few eps...I'm wondering if it's worth getting through the next couple of discs...

Disturbed316
02-21-2004, 01:26 PM
I watched the first series, but I kinda drifted out of it due to me working when it was on.

I wanna watch it again though, he's gone bad :eek:

Kane Knight
02-21-2004, 01:54 PM
I hear that Kent's one baaaaad mutha...

Disturbed316
02-21-2004, 01:58 PM
Yeah I know, thats why I want to start watching it again.

If he can do all that good with his powers, just imagine what bad stuff he can do with them :drool:

Kane Knight
02-21-2004, 02:00 PM
Yeah I know, thats why I want to start watching it again.

If he can do all that good with his powers, just imagine what bad stuff he can do with them :drool:

Yeah.

I've only seen like Disc 1 of season 1.

I don't get the channel it's on (WB, right?), and opther stations only pick up a couple of their shows (Angel...:foc: ), so I decided to try it out.

Got a stupid question...Does Kryptonie continue appearing in EVERY SINGLE FU</>CKING EPISODE? Because that was my major gripe with the show...That was like mad corny.

Disturbed316
02-21-2004, 02:05 PM
Well it is his weakness, and that chick he fancies does have a kryptonite necklace

OMG SPOILERS!!!!!!

Kane Knight
02-21-2004, 02:07 PM
Well it is his weakness, and that chick he fancies does have a kryptonite necklace

OMG SPOILERS!!!!!!

Though not if you've seen the first epsiode...

Well...Unless you suffer from massibe head trauma...

Disturbed316
02-21-2004, 03:45 PM
Good point, as it is pretty obvious

AareDub
02-21-2004, 03:47 PM
My girlfriend watches it religiously, but she got a new job this year where she has to work when it's on. So I've been forced to download all the episodes and watch them with her. I didn't see any of first 2 seasons, but what I've seen of the third is ok. Kryptonite does seem to find its way into just about every episode though.

*spoilers... maybe*
The first episode of this season that I saw was where he was bad, but then he went back to normal. Is that what you guys were talking about or has he gone bad again? She hasn't been over in a while so I'm like 4 eps behind.

Kane Knight
02-21-2004, 04:35 PM
My girlfriend watches it religiously, but she got a new job this year where she has to work when it's on. So I've been forced to download all the episodes and watch them with her. I didn't see any of first 2 seasons, but what I've seen of the third is ok. Kryptonite does seem to find its way into just about every episode though.

Yeah...I was afraid of that. To some level, it makes sense, but it also crosses over to cheesey a lot.

YOUR Hero
02-21-2004, 05:09 PM
It's filmed in Cloverdale BC. My bro I believe has watched the filming. For that reason alone you shouold buy the DVDs

Vega
02-21-2004, 05:17 PM
My mom's cousin edits the show, but I've never actually seen it. We were thinking of visiting them this spring break and get a bunch of free smallville shit like we did with the X-Files, still might

da_king
02-22-2004, 01:25 PM
<font color="#ccffcc">

seen the first season which would pretty much have a freak of the week. it gets better towards the end and in season two where the sort of depart from that. havn't seen as much of season two or three but what i have seen is pretty cool and i like how they've developed lex's character.

</font>

Kane Knight
02-22-2004, 01:48 PM
LEx has been a pretty awesome character from what I've seen (though that's only the first 12 eisodes or so).

Sephiroth
02-22-2004, 02:57 PM
Yeah...i am gonna buy the first season box, i liked the eps i saw so it think its good enof to buy it.

Kane Knight
02-22-2004, 04:40 PM
Does the guy who plays Lex look kinda like a young Chevy Chase?

Kane Knight
02-22-2004, 04:41 PM
I've rented discs 4 and 5. I think I'm gonna watch the rest of the season before I actually judge whether I wanna snag it permanently. You know, get an overall feel for the season...