PDA

View Full Version : How much of Cena's extended title reign...

Corkscrewed
04-02-2007, 08:24 PM
...do you think is due to the expensive spinning belt, which Vince perhaps decided was so expensive that they might as well put it in use for two or three years, or else it's not worth it?

Like, wouldn't it be funny if that turned out to be the predominant reason for why they're keeping the Title on Cena for so long? Just because they don't want to have the Spinning Belt be a waste of money?

Mercury Bullet
04-02-2007, 08:26 PM
I've never thought of this, and I first I thought it sounded ridiculous. But, after some consideration, I definately would not put it past Vince and the WWE. To them (him) it would make perfect sense.

KingofOldSchool
04-02-2007, 08:26 PM
Nah they just want to drive home the point that no matter if we like it or not, Cena's their guy for years to come.

Jura
04-02-2007, 08:31 PM
I don't think it's the belt. I mean look at how many photo galleries this guy has. The average for a top star is like 4-8. WWE's pimpin their little bitch hard.

http://www.wwe.com/superstars/raw/johncena/photos2/

Mercury Bullet
04-02-2007, 08:34 PM
I'll say it's probably not the reason, but still, can't say with 100% certainty that it isn't a factor.

FourFifty
04-02-2007, 08:58 PM
Vince: But we have a fuggin' truck load of replica Cena spinner belts! We need to keep the title on him until we sell them!

Xero
04-02-2007, 09:08 PM
Vince: But it SPINS! That alone cost $500,000!

Random worker: IT'S ON A $10 BOLT YOU CHEAP-ASS!

UmbrellaCorporation
04-02-2007, 09:16 PM
...do you think is due to the expensive spinning belt, which Vince perhaps decided was so expensive that they might as well put it in use for two or three years, or else it's not worth it?

Like, wouldn't it be funny if that turned out to be the predominant reason for why they're keeping the Title on Cena for so long? Just because they don't want to have the Spinning Belt be a waste of money?

I've seriously wondered about that EXACT thing before myself. It sounds ludicrous, but considering McMahon's mindstate, I would not put it past him.

The Show Off
04-02-2007, 10:26 PM
Vince: But it SPINS! That alone cost $500,000!

Random worker: IT'S ON A $10 BOLT YOU CHEAP-ASS!

That's one expensive bolt.

AdrianM
04-02-2007, 10:34 PM
but when edge won the title, he had the spinner belt didn't he? so then why would it matter if someone else had the belt, they all use the same belt.

i dunno...

Kane Knight
04-02-2007, 11:55 PM
It's not because of the cost of the belt, but I think the belt matters as part of the merchandising of the character, so I won't say 0%.

Corkscrewed
04-03-2007, 12:39 AM
but when edge won the title, he had the spinner belt didn't he? so then why would it matter if someone else had the belt, they all use the same belt.

i dunno...

Edge had it for a month, then Cena won it back. Then RVD won it, fucked up; Edge won it, then Cena won it again over the span of three months. That's short term compared to how long Cena's had the title.

Makes you wonder....

For the record, I'm not really being serious (although I too would not be surprised if that was a major contributing reason). Just speculating and figured it'd be a funny topic to discuss--the fact that they don't want to have the belt off Cena or off of him for too long because they went through all of these lengths to make that belt.

Or to put it another way: Every time Vince almost convinces himself Cena might have had the title for too long, Inner Vince goes "But then you'll have to make a different belt!!!"

:lol:

The One
04-03-2007, 12:42 AM
They need to make an ECW belt with a big smile on it for Lashley's reign.

Corkscrewed
04-03-2007, 12:44 AM
Nah they just want to drive home the point that no matter if we like it or not, Cena's their guy for years to come.
Actually, here's what I really think:

Vince decided Cena was the new IT Guy. So they make a Spinning Belt to ensure he's the IT Guy, because they know they'll have to use it for a while, and it provides a good secondary excuse to keep the title on him. :D

The One
04-03-2007, 12:47 AM
The spinner belt isn't even a part of Cena's gimmick anymore. He doesn't rap, hell he isn't even wiggerish anymore. I would say he's kind of a Marine guy, but even there he's more just some dude. The spinner belt is the new belt, we all have had a few years to get used to it, I'm shocked people havn't.

Innovator
04-03-2007, 12:49 AM
Edge kept it because he's an arrogant prick

RVD kept it .... cause it spins dude

When HHH takes it finally, it'll go away

The One
04-03-2007, 12:55 AM
When Cena lost the US Belt it went back to normal, when Cena lost the WWE belt is stayed spinner_style. Accept it, it's the new belt. Maybe in another year or two it will change, but truthfully, it's the official WWE belt. Get over it.

Mr. Nerfect
04-03-2007, 01:18 AM
It's the new belt, but it wouldn't surprise me if it changed again. I mean, how long did we have the Undisputed belt? Three years?

I really hope that Vince wouldn't spend so much money on a Championship belt, and then realise he didn't want him to be Champion anymore, yet still kept him Champion because of a foolish expense. That's stupid, even for the WWE.

The WWE probably is using the belt because of that "WWE is Pop-Culture" thing. Spinning things = cool, according to the WWE.

I really can't see Triple H using the spinner belt, intended Championship design or not.

Kane Knight
04-03-2007, 10:39 AM
Edge kept it because he's an arrogant prick

RVD kept it .... cause it spins dude

When HHH takes it finally, it'll go away

And now, we unveil the New Hunter custom title...Swastikas and all.

Mr. Nerfect
04-03-2007, 10:41 AM
And now, we unveil the New Hunter custom title...Swastikas and all.

The strap is made out of real Jew. :shifty:

Jeritron
04-03-2007, 12:59 PM
The expensive Max Moon costume is the subject of much turmoil between Vince and Konnan to this day, so I think money does play a factor.

Ironically enough, the spinner belt was invented by Konnan. Konnan suggested a spinner belt for one of the titles in the WCW to Rey, who suggested the idea in WWE to Vince and Cena when he won the US belt.

Also, how is that belt 500,000 dollars? Does it have real diamonds? And if so how has it not been stolen or damaged yet? Maybe thats why I can't recall ever seeing a belt shot with it.

But I hardly doubt it's a factor. I'm sure they've made more off that belt than it cost to make by now.

MLW
04-03-2007, 01:20 PM
Or maybe its because Cena sells? All the women and little kids want Cena merchandise...merchandise = cash...and thats that...atleast in my book...

Kane Knight
04-03-2007, 02:34 PM
Or maybe its because Cena sells? All the women and little kids want Cena merchandise...merchandise = cash...and thats that...atleast in my book...

Which is probably true, but other factors are involved as well. Cena is literally pushing away the coveted 18-25 male demographic.

Stickman
04-03-2007, 03:06 PM
I'd venture to say the belt cost no more than 100 bucks to make.

It's no Milliondollar championship belt.

Kane Knight
04-03-2007, 03:34 PM
I'd venture it cost a fair bit more than that. 10,000,000? Not even close. 100,000? Uh uh. But 100 bucks? Nah. Too cheap.

The MAC
04-03-2007, 03:48 PM
That belt cant be worth more than say $50000.The belt would suit shawn michaels circa-1996 well.HHH would look strange with that belt.

Kane Knight
04-03-2007, 03:49 PM
That belt cant be worth more than say $500.

Stickman
04-03-2007, 04:02 PM
I'm sure it's not real gold.

Stickman
04-03-2007, 04:02 PM
sorry, real "bling"

Arnold HamNegger
04-03-2007, 04:07 PM

i dunno...

When Edge won the title one of those times, he (or Lita, I can't remember) threw it in the river and then debuted a "Rated R Superstar" belt. I remember marking out for that...until I saw that that belt spun also. Then when Cena beat Edge again, the original Spinner belt came back. I don't think that spinner belt is THE belt for WWE now, I think it's still associated with Cena. They basically telegraphed short title reigns for Edge and RVD by keeping the damn thing around or in Edge's case, at least the "spinner" concept. I think that's why most fans that are sick of Cena want to see a new belt come into play. There's no longevity with any other champ if it still exists. If it was just THE belt, why would it be written in storylines for Edge and RVD to even discuss getting rid of it?

The MAC
04-03-2007, 05:02 PM
hhh should take the sledge hammer to that gay belt..while it lays on Cena's face.

owenbrown
04-03-2007, 07:07 PM
I thought the topic was about how much more of Cena's extended reign do we have to suffer through before someone FINALLY takes the belt from him. :shifty:

Plus when they DO finally take the belt off him, they should go back to the UNDISPUTED belt OR a new traditional belt.

Kane Knight
04-04-2007, 12:49 PM
People care way too much about the belt.