PDA

View Full Version : ECW's Main Event last night was better than...

Mercury Bullet
04-04-2007, 01:56 PM
Everything at Wrestlemania. Everything.

RVD, Sabu, Dreamer, and Sandman had more passion in that match than I've seen from any of them in quite sometime and they all proved they can put on one hell of an entertaining match still. And each and every one of the New Breed members proved their worth and ability to get it done in the ring. That match was far better than anything on Raw, Smackdown, Wrestlemania, previous ECW's....I could go on and on. It was far better than anything the WWE has put on in a long time.

I had to get that out. What are some thoughts on this?

Arnold HamNegger
04-04-2007, 01:57 PM
I haven't enjoyed a match that much on regular TV in quite some time. I think that's EXACTLY why we didn't see it at Mania. Vince still won't allow himself to be upstaged by ECW...even if it's his own damn product now.

Mercury Bullet
04-04-2007, 01:59 PM
^ Very true, and even though its his own product now it was too much entertainment from people who aren't 'his boys' and god forbid they get to go over on a big stage.

I guess 'go over' isnt the best phrase, but ya know what I mean.

Londoner
04-04-2007, 01:59 PM
^ Thing is had that match been extreme rules i would've brought wrestlemania, but that's Vince's mindstate atm. Can't wait to see this on thursday.

Mercury Bullet
04-04-2007, 02:00 PM
Possible spoiler if u havent seen it.............(highlight)

And Elijah Burke's 'Elijah Express' (or whatever its called) to Sabu through the table actually made me stand up and say 'Holy Shit' which I hadn't done in a while either.

Arnold HamNegger
04-04-2007, 02:04 PM
If I could fuck that match I would. :shifty:

Mercury Bullet
04-04-2007, 02:06 PM
I almost didn't even watch but I'm glad I did. My first reaction to hearing the match announced was "Oh god, this again?".

FourFifty
04-04-2007, 02:17 PM
WAIT!?!?!? WHAT!!!!!
You mean letting the old school ECW wrestlers wrestle their kind of match, and not being forced to water it down for the masses made a better match? Whodathunkit!?!??!

Mercury Bullet
04-04-2007, 03:44 PM
Not just the ECW Originals either...I mean, Burke, Thorn, Brown (Cor Van), and Stryker have all kinda ranked as "Meh' for me. I probably liked Burke the best of the bunch but I was extremely (pun intended) impressed with all of them and their work in that match.

Jeritron
04-04-2007, 03:47 PM
I have to admit, the new breed is the goods. Now if only CM Punk would turn heel and lead them against and RVD led Originals

Jeritron
04-04-2007, 03:47 PM
and give us a series of extreme rules gimmick type matches.

Londoner
04-04-2007, 03:51 PM
I'm starting to think that Vince chose this match to be on ECW just to get the ratings up for ECW rather than not wanting to upstage the rest of the WM card, can see the sense in that actually.

Skippord
04-04-2007, 03:54 PM
Possible spoiler if u havent seen it.............(highlight)

And Elijah Burke's 'Elijah Express' (or whatever its called) to Sabu through the table actually made me stand up and say 'Holy Shit' which I hadn't done in a while either.

I did too

Jeritron
04-04-2007, 04:10 PM
I want to see it badly

Xero
04-04-2007, 04:17 PM
Well this week I'm not going to let ECW just sit on my TiVo like I usually do.

Arnold HamNegger
04-04-2007, 05:10 PM
Well this week I'm not going to let ECW just sit on my TiVo like I usually do.

Xero, the match is TOTAL NONSTOP ACTION!

DAMN iNATOR
04-04-2007, 05:15 PM
I don't get SciFi Network at my place, but I'll definitely watch it online IF they put it in the "Hardcore Hangover" section of the ECW.COM website...

JT
04-04-2007, 05:15 PM
Actually I haven't watched ECW since summer time, and since I've been home the last few Tuesday's this month, I've been ignoring it. This week though I actually decided to tune in and have the same feeling you guys did. It was a good main event...very little talking...and wasn't too impressed by the Punk match but like watching someone sell better than Cena could.

Might tune in again next week if I'm home.

Xero
04-04-2007, 06:02 PM
Xero, the match is TOTAL NONSTOP ACTION!
Ironically, I have never said what I said about TNA.

Crossrine
04-04-2007, 06:34 PM
I have to admit I kinda marked out when I heared some real ECW chants. I felt like(FOR A SECOND!) this could survive.

Mercury Bullet
04-04-2007, 06:39 PM
^ The first ECW chants that were of any sort of legitimacy in a long time.

Destor
04-04-2007, 06:50 PM
K, that match was indeed fun. But it looked just like one of those old WWF Hardcore title cluster fucks from back in the day. Nothing to shit your pants over.

Mercury Bullet
04-04-2007, 06:52 PM
K, that match was indeed fun. But it looked just like one of those old WWF Hardcore title cluster fucks from back in the day. Nothing to shit your pants over.

It is vs. the rest of the garbage that we've been presented with for quite some time now. It's a glimmer of hope, if anything.

Rob
04-04-2007, 06:58 PM
Everything at Wrestlemania. Everything.

RVD, Sabu, Dreamer, and Sandman had more passion in that match than I've seen from any of them in quite sometime and they all proved they can put on one hell of an entertaining match still. And each and every one of the New Breed members proved their worth and ability to get it done in the ring. That match was far better than anything on Raw, Smackdown, Wrestlemania, previous ECW's....I could go on and on. It was far better than anything the WWE has put on in a long time.

I had to get that out. What are some thoughts on this?

It wasn't close to being as good to Money In The Bank, Taker vs. Dave or Michaels vs. Cena.

Mr. JL
04-04-2007, 06:59 PM
I don't know what the big fuss was all about over this match. So instead of wrestling for eight minutes, they hit each other with a garbage can and went through a couple of tables for eight minutes. Big woop.

I don't get why you think the extreme rules match was better than EVERYTHING at WrestleMania 23; Cena-HBK, Bats-Taker, Benoit-MVP and the Money in the Bank match all blow that match out of the water.

And I do not even get why some of you think that match was so great either. I mean, it was more entertaining than what you will typically see on ECW on Sci Fi, but that that is not saying too much at all.

Crossrine
04-04-2007, 09:11 PM
^ You dont deserve Jerry Lynn's nickname as your title :foc:

CSL
04-04-2007, 09:32 PM

Mr. JL
04-04-2007, 09:36 PM
^ You dont deserve Jerry Lynn's nickname as your title :foc:
How do my comments on a WWE match have anything to do with Jerry Lynn?

Oh wait, I see... your retarded. It all makes sense now.

Mr. Nerfect
04-04-2007, 11:32 PM
I'll be definitely checking the match out this week. :y:

Who cares if it wasn't an all-time classic, it was fun. That's all I ask of the WWE.

Xero
04-04-2007, 11:37 PM
Meh. Not going to say it was BAD, but it was really just a big clusterfuck of a spotfest.

More entertaining than a lot of their TV matches, though.

RP
04-05-2007, 02:17 AM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Its called a qoute

Mercury Bullet
04-05-2007, 10:50 AM
It wasn't close to being as good as Taker vs. Dave

Really?

The Undertaker and Batista really put on a better match?

:|

Xero
04-05-2007, 10:55 AM
He said Dave, not Batista.

Maybe he watched Taker vs. Finlay.

Crossrine
04-05-2007, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by Mr. JL
I don't know what the big fuss was all about over this match. So instead of wrestling for eight minutes, they hit each other with a garbage can and went through a couple of tables for eight minutes. Big woop.

Ok maybe I can explain. Jerry Lynn was in ECW. Insulting ECW ways is like insulting Jerry Lynn for being in ECW. Shame on you...

Arnold HamNegger
04-05-2007, 12:39 PM
Ironically, I have never said what I said about TNA.

THAT'S SO BIZARRE!!!!

:shifty:

Xero
04-05-2007, 12:56 PM
Ok maybe I can explain. Jerry Lynn was in ECW. Insulting ECW ways is like insulting Jerry Lynn for being in ECW. Shame on you...
LOL, what!?

Are you comparing that match to an ECW match? And weren't you the one who said it WASN'T an ECW match?

Rob
04-05-2007, 01:36 PM
Really?

The Undertaker and Batista really put on a better match?

:|

Taker vs. Batista was a fine match. One of the best of Big Dave's career.

Xero
04-05-2007, 01:40 PM
Not that Batista had anything to do with the quality of the match...

Let's face it, that was an Undertaker match. If he had any big man to work with in a WrestleMania main event, it would have been the same. (When I say WrestleMania main event, it is omitting wrestlers like Khali and Giant Gonzalez.)

Rob
04-05-2007, 01:42 PM
Of course he did. Would Taker get that match out of Khali or Nathan Jones? Would he fuck.

Xero
04-05-2007, 01:45 PM
Khali or Jones would never be in Batista's position either.

Rob
04-05-2007, 01:47 PM
Obviously. And thus there is a reason why Batista is. He has been shit since he came back but he did well on Sunday.

Mercury Bullet
04-05-2007, 03:36 PM
The reason Batista is in the position he is, is beyond me. (Well, no its not. He's got the prototypical physique that Vince wants).

I thought the Taker/Batista match was mediocre at best. Taker isn't what he used to be but he still has one up on Batista who isn't and never will be capable of putting on matches above 2 1/2 star quality.

Notice I'm not saying the match on ECW was "OMFG MATCH OF THE CENTURY!!!!!!!". But, it was good. And having something good is better than most of the shit we've been subjected to for a LONG time.