PDA

View Full Version : Foley's "Make a Wish" angle...

Xero
04-08-2007, 02:50 PM
So, what do you think this angle will bring about?

It's probably going to consist of a really terminally ill kid, probably in a bed with wheels, wanting to see Foley as GM of RAW. The kid dies before Vince gives in, Foley is pissed and winds up having a match with Vince for the GM position.

Well, it probably will set him up to be GM anyway... Thoughts?

SammyG
04-08-2007, 02:54 PM
I am intrigued by this. That's kind of what I was thinking as well. Also, Booker is out until June. that sucks.

Chavo Classic
04-08-2007, 03:28 PM
First I've heard of this, and it sounds awful

The Show Off
04-08-2007, 03:38 PM
They're not going to some crazy outlandish angle with a kid dying or exploiting a kid from the make a wish foundation. The WWE is way to closely knit with the Make a Wish Foundation that they wouldn't do that.

Xero
04-08-2007, 03:39 PM
They're not going to some crazy outlandish angle with a kid dying or exploiting a kid from the make a wish foundation. The WWE is way to closely knit with the Make a Wish Foundation that they wouldn't do that.
:rofl:, you actually sound serious.

Really, if Vince thinks it would make money and get over huge, he'd do ANYTHING. He's pushed more than a few partners away with some of his angles I'm sure.

Chavo Classic
04-08-2007, 03:40 PM
Ha ha, this reminds me of a Scrubs episode with the sick kid who would rather see Boobs than get a visit from the Rock.

Moron. :nono:

St. Jimmy
04-08-2007, 04:10 PM
The kid's wish is to join the Kiss My Ass Club, obviously.

Anybody Thrilla
04-08-2007, 04:19 PM
What the hell are you guys talking about?

Jeritron
04-08-2007, 04:32 PM
If you really think this is an angle of any kind you're either wrong or I'm never watching WWE again. It's a real life wish granting.

The only angle tied to the make a wish foundation is a mentally challenged bald headed sickly wrestling fan who's on his death bed. His name is Kurt, and his wish is to wrestle one more match in a WWE ring before he passes away. His wish will be granted this monday night when he is fed to Cena.

Xero
04-08-2007, 04:35 PM
There's no way in hell, with all the talk of Foley wanting to return in some capacity, that this ISN'T an angle. If it isn't, it's the first time they've ever announced in advanced something like this. The most you usually get is a short video package, not a Foley promo.

James Steele
04-08-2007, 04:40 PM
Maybe the kid wants to cut a shoot promo before they die.

Jeritron
04-08-2007, 04:42 PM
No, just no. It can't be an angle. It's the fucking Make a wish Foundation dude. Even if Vince would do something regarding it to make money and trample all over values, Mick wouldn't.

Will he have an angle after this, maybe. Will he have one start later on in the evening or right after the actual wish granting, perhaps. But the whole thing is not a work. If it were, I'd be disgusted and wouldn't continue to watch. Moreso dissapointed in Mick since from Vince it woudln't suprise me.

Jeritron
04-08-2007, 04:42 PM
LMAO imagine his make a wish was to cut a live shoot promo. Imagine being granted that. Vince gives you an open mic for 5 minutes on a Live Raw to speak your mind about anything or anyone in the wrestling industry...

Xero
04-08-2007, 04:45 PM
No, just no. It can't be an angle. It's the fucking Make a wish Foundation dude. Even if Vince would do something regarding it to make money and trample all over values, Mick wouldn't.

Will he have an angle after this, maybe. Will he have one start later on in the evening or right after the actual wish granting, perhaps. But the whole thing is not a work. If it were, I'd be disgusted and wouldn't continue to watch. Moreso dissapointed in Mick since from Vince it woudln't suprise me.
So after everything from necrophilia to Vince cheating on his wife to the exploitation of Eddie Guerrero, THIS would make you stop watching?

I agree that it wouldn't be like Foley to do something like this, but I still have a strong belief that it's an angle.

The Show Off
04-08-2007, 04:45 PM

That's basically what I meant but you said it better.

KingofOldSchool
04-08-2007, 04:57 PM
LMAO imagine his make a wish was to cut a live shoot promo. Imagine being granted that. Vince gives you an open mic for 5 minutes on a Live Raw to speak your mind about anything or anyone in the wrestling industry...

Reymon14

M-A-G
04-08-2007, 05:00 PM
The kid is obviously going to be a victim of Umaga.

Disturbed316
04-08-2007, 06:23 PM
Ha ha, this reminds me of a Scrubs episode with the sick kid who would rather see Boobs than get a visit from the Rock.

Moron. :nono:

ROFL I love that episode

04-08-2007, 06:28 PM
*wants to hear a Dr. Cox shoot on WWE*

Shaggy
04-08-2007, 07:16 PM
I think of that scene in BASEketball where they are asking that kid what he wants....

Foley: "If you could have anything in the world what would it be?"

Kid: "Stephanie McMahon!"

Foley: "Dude Youd have a better shot at Triple H"

Jeritron
04-08-2007, 07:25 PM
So after everything from necrophilia to Vince cheating on his wife to the exploitation of Eddie Guerrero, THIS would make you stop watching?

I agree that it wouldn't be like Foley to do something like this, but I still have a strong belief that it's an angle.

I suppose you have every right to have those suspicions based on those track records. But I am pretty sure this is dead serious, especially because of that spot with Mick and his involvement with a company that he's already not entirely thrilled with.

As for those other things, they are different. I'm not saying they are good, but they were way different. With Eddie Guerrero, yes he was exploited. But he was exploited by his wife and best friends, so who are we to say what he would or wouldn't have wanted, and although I disagree with it and think it was a money making disgrace, it wasn't directly aimed at tarnishing or joking on his image. Even if the motives were financially based, it was more of an honor and memory push.

As for Necrophilia, first of all despite it's bad taste it's something thats a pretty broad topic. I mean, it's not like he was directly exploiting something like the Make a Wish Foundation , but rather an extremely disturbing and small social dynamic.

It'd disgust me if this happened, legitimately. Moreso with Mick like I said. But I highly belief it won't be the case. This would just be intolerable to me because it's so absurd. It's beyond contreversial. That's why I truly believe that it's not the plan. This would be grounds for boycott honestly, whereas the other things are just :nono:, but not really on the same level of wrong doing.

Jeritron
04-08-2007, 07:27 PM
Not to mention the fact that Mick is involved with Make a Wish Foundation and their members and children, as well as the fact that the logo was used and promoted on the very serious spot last week.

Therefore it can't really be the case, since they were legally allowed to use and promote the Make a Wish Foundation name and logo, which I highly doubt them or their supporters would allow to be prostituted to the WWE for a lowrate angle.

Aside from either of our gut feelings about what this may or may not be, or our personal opinions on what Mick, Vince, WWE or whomever may or may not do, there's a whole legal can of worms involved too and the writing is clearly on the wall that this is legitimate.

Skippord
04-08-2007, 07:28 PM
I think of that scene in BASEketball where they are asking that kid what he wants....

Foley: "If you could have anything in the world what would it be?"

Kid: "Stephanie McMahon!"

Foley: "Dude Youd have a better shot at Triple H"
Thats like my favorite line

Xero
04-08-2007, 07:50 PM
As for Necrophilia, first of all despite it's bad taste it's something thats a pretty broad topic. I mean, it's not like he was directly exploiting something like the Make a Wish Foundation , but rather an extremely disturbing and small social dynamic.
Remember Billy and Chuck and the GLAAD fiasco?

Aside from WWE not having a long-lasting connection with them, it would be no different than that.

James Steele
04-08-2007, 10:11 PM
I think the terminally ill child just wanted to be on WWE TV and participate in a promo with his/her favorite wrestler (Mick Foley).

The Naitch
04-08-2007, 10:20 PM
Ummmmmaaaaaga

The Naitch
04-08-2007, 10:21 PM
also what was that Scrubs episode (The Rock) all about? Summary please

FourFifty
04-08-2007, 10:32 PM
Foley: Ladies and gentelmen, This small, frail child in a wheel chair has seen better days. It's a shame he won't live much longer. So little Jimmy, what's your wish?

Jimmy: I want better tag teams in WWE instead of two random people thrown in the same ring.

Foley: Now little Jimmy, that's a tall task... By the way, how much time left on this earth do you have?

Jimmy: The doctors said it could be a year, it could be a month, or it could even be three minutes.

Foley: Did I just hear you say.... Three Minutes?

Marc the Smark
04-08-2007, 10:42 PM
3 Minutes?! :rofl:

I thought about it being an angle with Umaga, like someone else said, but now I also wonder if it might be something with Eugene. You know, the kid laughs at him for being bald and Eugene goes ape shit. I know, I know, how could they do something like that, right? But the kid would obviously be told beforehand that it's just an angle and he'd probably be fine with it. He'd probably be really happy to be involved in a cool wrestling angle like this. IDK. Just a thought.

KingofOldSchool
04-09-2007, 08:46 AM
I think the terminally ill child just wanted to be on WWE TV and participate in a promo with his/her favorite wrestler (Mick Foley).

*the kid is backstage meeting wrestlers*

*John Cena goes up to the kid*

Cena: THE CHAMP...IS...HERE!!!! What is your name kid?

Kid: ...Timmy.

Cena: Timmy, nice to meet you I'm the champ John Cena.

Timmy. I know who you are.

Cena: So Timmy, who is your favorite wrestler?

Timmy: ........

Cena: JOHN CENA?!?! Hey that's great man!

Timmy: ....but....

Cena: Hey don't be shy! All of you kids love John Cena, dawg!

Timmy: I don't...

Cena: What??? You want some authentic John Cena, one of a kind memorablia??

Timmy: No....

Cena: Awww it's okay dawg! You're the sick kid, here have some bling!

*Cena puts a chain around the kid's neck*

Timmy: Ow! It's heavy and my neck is really sore!

Cena: Suck it up, dawg! Da Chain Gang don't hold the weak. Only the STRONG survive!

Timmy: Survive??? :( The doctor said I only have a month to live.

Cena: A month??? PSH dawg, give that doctor the F-U!!!

Timmy: :'(

Cena: What's your dying wish little Timmy???

Timmy: Well I wanted to be in the ring with Mick Foley, but now I just want you to leave.

Cena: What's that? You want to see me put Edge in the STFU?? Well you're my number 1 fan and I can't let my little Chaing Gangers down!

Timmy: :'(

*Timmy uses his last bit of energy to run away from Cena*

*Little Timmy dies 2 minutes later*

Mr. Nerfect
04-09-2007, 09:02 AM
I think this might be an angle, but I don't think it will be too tasteless.

I can see them wheeling out some kid who says he wants to see Mick Foley get back at Melina for firing him last year, which can bring about the Mick Foley vs. Johnny Nitro.

I dunno. I expect this to go somewhere, but I don't expect Edge to climb into his bed for a Live Sex Celebration.

Disturbed316
04-09-2007, 06:30 PM
also what was that Scrubs episode (The Rock) all about? Summary please

Basically, some ill kid is asked if a visit from The Rock would cheer him up, but says he would rather see some boobs.

Rocky does not appear on the show.

DAMN iNATOR
04-09-2007, 06:55 PM
Prolly just a bunch of kids that wanted to go to Mania and got to go or something...I know at least one local chapter of the M-A-W Foundation did this.