PDA

View Full Version : What would happen in this situation?

Rammsteinmad
04-12-2007, 08:31 PM
So let's say a WWE wrestler has gone down to Florida to visit some family or whatever, and while they are there they decide to check out a TNA show. They score front row seats and appear on TV at a TNA show. What would happen?

Besides most likely getting fired or in a lot of trouble simply for even thinking about TNA, could WWE threaten TNA if they air it? It's not TNA's problem if one of their "fans" works for the rival company. Or could the wrestler be sued for "breaching contract" or anything... would it be any legal matter? Or would the wrestler get away with it coz he went as a fan? Would the same wrestler get in trouble if he appeared at the front row of a Basketball game?

What do you think?

Corkscrewed
04-13-2007, 01:58 AM
All said wrestler has to do is chant "THIS IS AWESOME" and the WWE will think he's just another sheep TNA fan who just happens to look like said wrestler. That's all. :shifty:

Dave Youell
04-13-2007, 03:37 AM
He'd be in trouble of course.

But Batista was at UFC 68 and I haven't heard any comeback about that, and technically they are competition as well.

There's been a few guys who have been backstage at TNA, but I don't think there's been any punishment for that as they are not on camera

Rammsteinmad
04-13-2007, 05:15 AM
I'd fucking mark out now if I was watching TNA and saw someone like Charlie Haas or Carlito in the crowd. Not in an angle, but as an actual spectator.

Rammsteinmad
04-24-2009, 12:52 PM
Sorry about bumping this, was going through some old threads and realised didn't this scenario happen last year with someone from WWE?

Dorkchop
04-24-2009, 01:12 PM
This happened to Robbie (or was it Rory) from the Highlanders.

Nicky Fives
04-24-2009, 01:29 PM
It was Robbie....

Rammsteinmad
04-24-2009, 01:40 PM
Thanks, got this on Wikipedia.

On the live, March 27 edition of TNA Impact!, Robbie was in attendance at the Impact Zone and was shown on camera (under his real name to prevent a WWE/TNA lawsuit). This reportedly had a WWE official calling him and ordering that he leave immediately, which he did. The event was mere days prior to WrestleMania weekend when both companies were in the Orlando area. Robbie lost his $5,000 Wrestlemania paycheck due to the appearance.

Xero
04-24-2009, 03:34 PM
TNA wouldn't get in trouble unless they worked it into an angle.

abec
04-24-2009, 04:35 PM
But Batista was at UFC 68 and I haven't heard any comeback about that, and technically they are competition as well.

There's been a few guys who have been backstage at TNA, but I don't think there's been any punishment for that as they are not on camera

Mark Coleman was at one as well, lesnar vs old guy in his mid 40's.

I could've sworn they called him Undertaker too on the show, could be wrong.

GD
04-24-2009, 05:25 PM
Vince would grab it by the throat and shake it from it's very foundation. :shifty:

Nark Order
04-24-2009, 06:09 PM
This happened to Robbie (or was it Rory) from the Highlanders.

The Fonz
04-24-2009, 06:56 PM
PAUL LEVESQUE'S IN THE IMPACT ZONE! AND I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!

Triple Naitch
04-25-2009, 09:04 AM
Yeah, they'd probably get a big fine. Professional athletes get fined if they wear any opposing team's apparel, so you have to figure the same goes if a wrestler is somehow promoting another rival company.

Volare
04-25-2009, 09:21 AM
TNA would try to hire him.

The Gold Standard
04-26-2009, 01:59 AM

WWE doesn't consider UFC competition anyway, I mean the promote them on their site.

Theo Dious
04-26-2009, 12:32 PM
They don't actually promote them, they sell them ad time. I think that actually happened with TNA too once. But yeah, I'm pretty sure I remember Vince once saying that he didn't see UFC as competition.

Xero
04-26-2009, 06:03 PM
He just says that so he doesn't have to be compared to them.

Which he shouldn't, but he is anyway.