PDA

View Full Version : Ric Flair's 'Legacy'

Nacho Man
02-22-2004, 10:09 AM
Does anyone else think that Ric Flair is disgracing himself by carrying on wrestling? Everytime he steps into that ring I cringe with embarassment, whether at him getting stuck in the ropes, confused and having to be told where he is, or falling down and being unable to get back up. His 'saggy man boobs' have always been a joke, but with a serious point- no-one wants to see a geriatric in the ring. It's a sad day when you have to seriously consider- is there any difference between the talents of Hogan and Flair anymore? They are both totally past it, slow, sluggish, unimginative, and lack and kind of technical reportoire or original angles.

Am I alone in thinking that the Ric Flair we have right now is so far past it as to be almost a disgrace to his and the WWF's past?

Champion of Europa
02-22-2004, 10:11 AM
Which matches are you watching?

He's put on more *** + matches since recently being in the WWE than quite a bit of the roster.

Mikey
02-22-2004, 10:25 AM
:y:

The Ravishing One
02-22-2004, 10:32 AM
Which matches are you watching?

He's put on more *** + matches since recently being in the WWE than quite a bit of the roster.

xGuiltyFatex
02-22-2004, 10:32 AM
Your on your on IMO.

Nacho Man
02-22-2004, 10:37 AM
Flair's classics are long gone, off the top of my head all I keep seeing is constant re-runs of:

HHH pinning him cleanly, Matches against the Dudley Boys, against Shawn Michaels where HBK was forced to carry him like a sack, if anyone bar Flair wrestled as badly as he does he would be accused of being lazy, or too old. I would almost go as far as to say that if Flair did not have the history he did, then he would be more hated by internet fans than Hogan, Nash, and Goldberg, because like it or not, those three didn't make their careers on the back of being skilled wrestlers. They made their careers on the back of strong pushes and exceptional gimmicks. Flair has failed to adjust his style with his age, and the only thing he is good at now is looking at the celing as yet another no-hoper goes over him. PLEASE Ric, retire at WM XX, you are embarassing all your fans.

ColdwaVer
02-22-2004, 12:06 PM
Oh come the fu</>ck on, Flair doesn't need to be carried by anybody. Past his prime? Sure, but the fact is that the man is out there not for himself, but for the fans and the midcarders that get a huge rub from being in the ring with him. He jobbed cleanly to Chris Benoit, adding to Benoit's credibility as a championship contender. He puts over newcomers, and let's face it, people love to see him. It's because of stuff like this IMO that Flair will take his place as THE legend of wrestling.

Stickman
02-22-2004, 12:10 PM
I see where you're coming from but I do disagree as well. Flair can still wrestle with the best of them. Did you see his match against HHH a few months back? Sure he's getting old and slower, and he usually does the same thing every match, but he is one of the reason's I watch Raw.

Blue Demon
02-22-2004, 12:11 PM
Flair is past his prime, yes, but he still puts on quality matches

ilt_undertaker
02-22-2004, 12:14 PM
I love Ric Flair, he is amazing, that's all I have to say.

Mr. JL
02-22-2004, 12:24 PM
How dare you compare Flair with Hogan on any level. Ric Flair is certainly past his prime, but he is in no way embarrassing himself. I love every moment when I get to see Ric Flair. He is one of the contributing factors of why I still watch RAW.

He's put on some really great matches, despite being over 50 years old. Matches against Triple H, HBK, Undertaker, Benoit, RVD, Maven. Hell, he even got a good match out of Goldberg!

Bottom line, Ric Flair is welcome on my TV set anytime he see's fit.

Mister Sinister
02-22-2004, 02:44 PM
I Second That, And For the comment about Flair doing the same stuff over and over....Why Change, What is called by Millions.....And Millions, Quality Entertainment

Razor Rybek
02-22-2004, 03:48 PM
Ric Flair will forever be THE MAN

His Legacy will never be disgraced!

There really is nothing more that needs to be said

123 kid
02-22-2004, 05:07 PM
Cut Ric Flair some slack, he's like 56576576 years old and still wrestling at a good standard, like Coldwaver said Flairs not in the business for himself ,he's in it for the fans who love to see him and for the younger guys who get a great rub by wrestling 10 minutes with him.
And thats all I got to say about that..............

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

The dirtiest player in the game lives on......

Rock Bottom
02-22-2004, 05:33 PM
I would go to a WWE event just to see Flair cut a promo. He is still stylin' and profilin'. He is in fact way past his prime...

But the man exudes "legendary." When his music hits, and he comes out in one of his costumes doing his entrance taunts, it's as if he's never aged a day.

The Naitch
02-22-2004, 05:53 PM
Does anyone else think that Ric Flair is disgracing himself by carrying on wrestling? Everytime he steps into that ring I cringe with embarassment, whether at him getting stuck in the ropes, confused and having to be told where he is, or falling down and being unable to get back up. His 'saggy man boobs' have always been a joke, but with a serious point- no-one wants to see a geriatric in the ring. It's a sad day when you have to seriously consider- is there any difference between the talents of Hogan and Flair anymore? They are both totally past it, slow, sluggish, unimginative, and lack and kind of technical reportoire or original angles.

Am I alone in thinking that the Ric Flair we have right now is so far past it as to be almost a disgrace to his and the WWF's past?

He said so himself, he's just hanging around and having fun. He has nothing to prove anymore, he's a legend regardless. Once again, he's just having fun. If I were him, I would hang around with the younger cats as well. He plays that role very well. You can't expect him to be an unstoppable monster because he's past his prime. Let him be.

Boondock Saint
02-22-2004, 05:55 PM
Flair is the man. I can't wait until RAW comes back to Boston because I am definitely going, and he is one of the reasons. I missed it the last time they were here but I won't next time.

Yes, he is past his prime, but he puts on good matches and puts over talent. He put over friggin' Rico! He is a legend and is perfect where he is now.

EazyMack
02-23-2004, 02:43 AM
As long as Ric Flair is an active wrestler, Ric Flair will be my favorite wrestler.

I don't care how corny it sounds... I am still awestruck when his "Space Odyssey" music hits and he walks out in his sparkling robe, the way he walks to the ring and everything. He still has all the charisma in the world. I think it's cool to see the way he moves around the ring throughout a match, his mannerisms are very distinct. He is still more skilled than the majority of the roster, at [soon to be] 55 years old.

He can stick around as long as he wants.