PDA

View Full Version : DVDs you want to see.

FourFifty
04-15-2007, 07:46 AM
Alrighty, this thread pretty much explains itself.

I'd like to see a two disk set called "The Best of the Best & The Best of the Worst." A look at the top faces and heels of the past 20 years. I think it'd have a lot of potential, so long as it's done right.

"The History of Hardcore" would also be cool. No, it's not an ECW dvd, but a look into hardcore wrestling, and how the enevlope has been pushed through the years. From chairs to chain, to thumbtacks and fire.
Albeit if the WWE wanted to do this it'd be a great time to bring back the old Hardcore title.

Any DVDs you'd like to see?

Crossrine
04-15-2007, 09:28 AM
TNA's best of the bloodiest brawls. I heard it was pretty good

Impact!
04-15-2007, 09:32 AM
I think you just failed at understanding the point of this thread

KingofOldSchool
04-15-2007, 10:07 AM
Macho Man and Sting

Kane Knight
04-15-2007, 10:26 AM
The Self Destruction of Kurt Angle.

Steers and Queers: The JBL Story.

And, of course, "How to use your friend's legacy for your own personal gain"

But seriously, I would much have liked to see a decent ECW collection of stuff not seen on every other DVD.

Also, I'd love an inclusive Eddie Guerrero DVD collection.

Xero
04-15-2007, 10:46 AM
The Rise and Fall of WCW is my number 1. Who DOESN'T want to see that? Come on...

Xero
04-15-2007, 10:50 AM
Also...

"In association with R.D. Reynolds

WrestleCrap: The Motion Picture"

The MAC
04-15-2007, 11:08 AM
WWE X-Files : Explanations to dropped angles and characters.

Kane Knight
04-15-2007, 12:21 PM
WWE X-Files : Explanations to dropped angles and characters.

The truth is out there...I still remember....

jindrak
04-15-2007, 02:09 PM
I like to see a documentary similar to the one featured on A&E. I forget the name, but it was basically a history lesson in the origins of professional wrestling and comparing it to the pro-wrestling environment in 1997.

The Show Off
04-15-2007, 02:12 PM
The Rise and Fall of WCW is my number 1. Who DOESN'T want to see that? Come on...

I loved WCW, and I so do not want to see that DVD, I'm tired of WWE shitting on the memory of WCW, and that's all that DVD would be. I'd like to see a DVD of WCW but just give us "The Best of WCW" that'd be pleanty good, I don't need a documentary where Vince McMahon talks about how brilliant he was putting WCW under, he uses every DVD to do that already, I just want to see a DVD of the best promos and matches in WCW history.

CSL
04-15-2007, 02:29 PM
<font color=white>The Ladder Match Chronicles - including Stampede, Bret/HBK, HBK/Razor, Jarrett/Benoit, Hardyz/E&C, TLC's, MITB's etc.

WWF-The 1980's - 2/3 discs with the first disc being the story of the 1980's with a voiceover and your interviews, match clips etc. Other discs would include classic moments, interviews, promos and complete matches.

WWF-The 1990's - See above.

Wrestlemania's Greatest Matches - 2 discs. Include buildups from the weeks leading into the show, interviews, opinions etc and full matches.

And if course, a giant, bonanza History of WCW DVD. Don't really like the 'Rise & Fall' title for a WCW effort.

Wouldn't mind seeing profile DVD's of Rick Rude, The Hart Foundation (1985-1997) Ted DiBiase and Owen Hart.

Xero
04-15-2007, 03:01 PM
I loved WCW, and I so do not want to see that DVD, I'm tired of WWE shitting on the memory of WCW, and that's all that DVD would be. I'd like to see a DVD of WCW but just give us "The Best of WCW" that'd be pleanty good, I don't need a documentary where Vince McMahon talks about how brilliant he was putting WCW under, he uses every DVD to do that already, I just want to see a DVD of the best promos and matches in WCW history.
You just don't want them to shit on the things that should be shit on.

If they did it like the ECW DVD, it would be fine.

FourFifty
04-15-2007, 03:15 PM
TNA's best of the bloodiest brawls. I heard it was pretty good

Shut up CC :|

The Show Off
04-15-2007, 03:52 PM
You just don't want them to shit on the things that should be shit on.

If they did it like the ECW DVD, it would be fine.

That's a matter of opinion really. On WWE DVD's they shit on the good and the bad of WCW. Unlike what they did for the ECW DVD where they talk about how innovative ECW was, when they talk about WCW they basically make it as if it never added anything to the industry, where as the real fact of the matter is WWE stole a whole bunch of things from WCW that wound pu making WWE the #1 show. I'm just kinda sick the WWE denegrating the benifits of the WCW, pretending as if the WWF came up with concepts like rebel heel factions, and evil owners, when all of that stuff was done in WCW 2 or 3 years earlier.

On WWE DVD's WCW is basically made to look like it never had merit, but it did, it is a great cog in the history of wrestling and shouldn't be always looked at as a sideshow B-Show because when wrestling boomed in the last 90's it wasn't because of Vince McMahon and WWE it was because of Eric Bishoff & Ted Turner and the nWo/WCW.

Rammsteinmad
04-15-2007, 04:06 PM
"The History of World Championship Wrestling"

The Show Off
04-15-2007, 04:38 PM
The Enforcer Arn Anderson: The Best of Double A

--v. Dusty Rhodes (Cage Match, AWA/NWA Rage in a Cage
--& Ole Anderson v. The Rock 'n' Roll Express (NWA Great American Bash 1986)
--& Tully Blanchard v. Demolition (for the WWF World Tag Team Championship, WWF Saturday Night's Main Event 7-29-89)
--& Tully Blanchard v. The Hart Foundation (WWF Summer Slam 1989)
--& Tully Blanchard v. The Rockers (WWF Saturday Night's Main Event 11-25-89)
--& Ole Anderson v. The Steiner Brothers (for the NWA United States Tag Team Championship, NWA Wrestle War 1990)
--& Ric Flair v. Doom (for the NWA World Tag Team Championship, NWA Halloween Havoc 1990)
--The Dangerous Alliance v. Stingers Squadron (War Games, WCW Wrestle War 1992)
--& Paul Roma v. The Hollywood Blondes (for the NWA/WCW Unified World Tag Team Championship, WCW Beach Blast 1993)
--& Paul Roma v. The Nasty Boys (for the WCW World Tag Team Championship, WCW Fall Brawl 1993)
--v. William Regal (for the WCW World Television Championship, WCW Super Brawl IV)
--& Terry Funk v. Bobby Eaton & Sabu (ECW When Worlds Collide)
--v. Ric Flair (WCW Fall Brawl 1995)
--v. Ric Flair (Cage Match, WCW Monday Nitro 10-9-95)
--& Brian Pillman v. Ric Flair & Sting (WCW Halloween Havoc 1995)
--& Ric Flair v. Kevin Green & Steve McMichael (WCW Great American Bash 1996)

The Show Off
04-15-2007, 05:42 PM
The Best of Chris Jericho

--& Lance Storm v. The Heavenly Bodies (Street Fight, SMW Night of the Legends)
--& Mikey Whipwreck v. The Eliminators (for the ECW World Tag Team Championship, ???)
--v. Chris Benoit (WCW Fall Brawl 1996)
--v. Ultimo Dragon (for the WCW World Crusierweight Championship, WCW Bash at the Beach 1997)
--v. Eddie Guerrero (for the WCW World Crusierweight Championship, WCW Fall Brawl 1997)
--v. Dean Malenko (for the WCW World Crusierweight Championship, WCW Uncensored 1998)
--v. Juventud Guerrera (with Special Referee Dean Malenko for the WCW World Crusierweight Championship, WCW Road Wild 1998)
--v. Triple H (for the WWF World Heavyweight Championship, WWF Monday Night Raw 4-17-00)
--v. Triple H (Last Man Standing Match, WWF Fully Loaded 2000)
--v. Chris Benoit (Ladder Match for the WWF Intercontinental Championship, WWF Royal Rumble 2001)
--TLC 3 (WWF Smackdown 5-24-01)
--v. Steve Austin v. Chris Benoit (Triple Threat Match for the WWF World Heavyweight Championship, WWF King of the Ring 2001)
--v. The Rock (for the WCW World Heavyweight Championship, WWF No Mercy 2001)
--v. Steve Austin (Title Unification Match, WWF Vengence 2001)
--v. The Rock (for the WWF Undisputed World Heavyweight Championship, WWF Royal Rumble 2002)
--v. Triple H (for the WWF Undisputed World Heavyweight Championship, WWF Wrestlemania X-8)
--v. Triple H (Hell in a Cell, WWE Judgement Day 2002)
--v. Edge (Cage Match, WWE Smackdown 7-25-02)
--v. Shawn Michaels (WWE Wrestlemania XIX)
--v. Shawn Michaels (WWE Monday Night Raw 7-21-03)
--v. Christian v. Rob Van Dam (Triple Threat Match for the WWE Intercontinental Championship, WWE Unforgiven 2003)
--v. Christian (Cage Match, WWE Monday Night Raw 5-10-04)
--v. Edge (WWE Monday Night Raw 8-9-04)
--v. Christian (for the WWE Intecontinental Championship, WWE Unforgiven 2004)
--v. Shelton Benjamin (for the WWE Intercontinental Championship, WWE Backlash 2005)

The Show Off
04-15-2007, 07:05 PM
The Greatest Cage Matches
(note: includes matches not owned by WWE, but this is kinda a dream DVD, and I haven't included matches on WWF's DVD Enttitled Bloodbath)

--Andre the Giant v. Big John Studd (WWF on MSG 7-30-83)
--Sting (c) v. The Black Scorpion (for the NWA World Heavyweight Championship, NWA Starrcade 1990)
--The Hollywood Blondes (c) v. Dos Hombres (for the NWA/WCW World Tag Team Championship, WCW Slamboree 1993)
--The Eliminators & The Heavenly Bodies v. The Pitbulls & Public Enemy (Ultimate Jepordy Cage Match, ECW December to Dismember)
--Randy Savage (c) v. Ric Flair (for the WCW World Heavyweight Championship, WCW Super Brawl VI)
--Bret Hart (c) v. Diesel (for the WWF World Heavyweight Championship, WWF In Your House 6)
--Hollywood Hogan v. Randy Savage (WCW Halloween Havoc 1997)
--CM Punk v. Raven (Clockwork Orange House of Fun, ROH Beating the Odds)
--Jeff Jarrett (c) v. AJ Styles (for the NWA World Heavyweight Championship, NWA-TNA PPV 4-21-04)
--America's Most Wanted v. Triple X (Losing Team Splits Up, TNA Turning Point 2004)
--Austin Aries v. Colt Cabana (for the ROH World Championship, ROH 3rd Anniversary Celebration)
--AJ Styles v. Abyss (TNA Lockdown 2005)
--Edge v. Matt Hardy (WWE Unforgiven 2005)
--The Embassy versus Generation Next (Cage Warfare, ROH Steele Cage Warfare)
--Christian Cage (c) versus Abyss (for the NWA World Heavyweight Championship, TNA Lockdown 2006)
--AJ Styles & Christopher Daniels (c) v. LAX (for the NWA World Tag Team Championship, TNA Bound for Glory 2006)
--Bryan Danielson (c) versus Samoa Joe (for the ROH World Championship, ROH The Chicago Spectacle)

Rammsteinmad
04-15-2007, 07:35 PM
That Chris Jericho one would be awesome! :drool:

Executioner
04-15-2007, 10:45 PM
The Evolution of the Cage Match...showcasing many of the different styles of cage matches throughout history.

Dorkchop
04-15-2007, 11:42 PM
- Ladder match (Actually I think there might be one coming out soon)
- Hell in a Cell
- Macho Man
- Sting
- Cruiser / lucha (ECW, WCW, and to a lesser extent WWE)
- Random best of (Just random amazing matches. There are shit loads of amzing matches to put on multiple volumes)
- Attitude era
- Rise and fall of WCW would be amazing

Xero
04-15-2007, 11:45 PM
The 100 Greatest Feuds of All Time

Of course, they'd get to like 97 and just make the rest of it Triple H matches.

Xero
04-15-2007, 11:46 PM
Wrestling's Creative Touch: The Greatest Angles in the History of Professional Wrestling

Also, a Greatest Promos DVD would be awesome.

Fox
04-15-2007, 11:55 PM
==BEST OF THE CRUISERWEIGHT DIVISION: WWE, WCW & ECW==

==THE 20 GREATEST MATCHES OF ALL TIME: WWE, WCW & ECW==

==NEW WORLD ORDER: THE HISTORY OF THE BAD BOYS OF PROFESSIONAL WRESTLING: WCW & WWE==

==HISTORY OF THE ECW WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP==

FourFifty
04-16-2007, 12:18 AM
==THE 20 GREATEST MATCHES OF ALL TIME: WWE, WCW & ECW==

:nono:
Do you really wanna shell out 20 bucks to see 10 John Cena matches, and 10 Triple H matches?

Lock Jaw
04-16-2007, 02:16 AM
Kaientai: An Evil Retrospective

Impact!
04-16-2007, 02:45 AM
A William Regal DVD would be pretty solid

Impact!
04-16-2007, 02:46 AM
Also a Corporation or Ministry DVD would be good as well

Jeritron
04-16-2007, 08:24 AM
That's a matter of opinion really. On WWE DVD's they shit on the good and the bad of WCW. Unlike what they did for the ECW DVD where they talk about how innovative ECW was, when they talk about WCW they basically make it as if it never added anything to the industry, where as the real fact of the matter is WWE stole a whole bunch of things from WCW that wound pu making WWE the #1 show. I'm just kinda sick the WWE denegrating the benifits of the WCW, pretending as if the WWF came up with concepts like rebel heel factions, and evil owners, when all of that stuff was done in WCW 2 or 3 years earlier.

On WWE DVD's WCW is basically made to look like it never had merit, but it did, it is a great cog in the history of wrestling and shouldn't be always looked at as a sideshow B-Show because when wrestling boomed in the last 90's it wasn't because of Vince McMahon and WWE it was because of Eric Bishoff & Ted Turner and the nWo/WCW.

WWE has pretty much given a shit load of credit to 1996-98 WCW. They shit all over it for things that you can't blame someone for shitting all over, even if theres 2 sides to the story. Of course they're gonna shit all over things like trashing titles and giving away results/investing money into driving them out of business. Even if you say Vince did the same thing, it's still something they're naturally gonna flame.
Plus everything they say about guarunteed contracts/lack of fresh talent/post-98 decisions is pretty much true.

I too hate the WWE spin on some dvds, but Monday Night War is pretty spot on other than a few things that were more exaggerated or annoyingly biased than truly spun.
Read the Death of WCW. If they did it exactly like that it'd be a completely factual shitting on of a promotion that died with tremendous flaws.
They even admit it was great in 1996. Things just fell apart.
There's no spin neccesary if you just tell the true story, there's more than even hard facts to shit all over the rise and fall of the company.

Jeritron
04-16-2007, 08:30 AM
A dvd about Promos would be amazing.

Jeritron
04-16-2007, 08:35 AM
I wish the'y have made a comprehensive DX set, not just a new DX collection and a transfer of the old 98 vhs.

A good History of the Intercontinental Championship dvd.

One with a great documentary interviewing former champions and the progression of the belt.
Complete with a great listing of matches.

a Sting career dvd set with his participation

A cruiserweight title dvd set.

Other than that the other dvds named would be amazing. A Jericho set is a dream come true, and Rock and Austin are too but are likely coming out this year.
Ladder Match set = greatness.