PDA

View Full Version : So what happened next?

The One
04-16-2007, 09:12 PM
Let's face it, Professional Wrestling's history is filled with storylines that were being built up...and uh...then...well...nothing happened. They disappeared. Many times without mention, even more baffling is when a specific event was set in motion but as time passes, that event never comes to being. An example, "I Still Remember...". Booker T kept getting messages from someone who apparently still rememebed something, but they must have forgotten it after a while cause he stopped getting notes, and apparently nobody remembered anything. My personal favorite was Stacy Keibler getting pregers. OK, so David Flair is gonna be the daddy and they're gonna get married, CURVE BALL, on the wedding day, we all find out he's not the father. David flips, begins assuming it's Buff Bagwell, the internet is running wild with who it's ultimately going to be (Ric Flair? Vince Russo? Was it Buff?). But instead, Stacy goes away for a couple of months, I guess she had an abortion or a miscarrage or something, cause she comes back, too early to have given birth, to late to not at least have a bump, and no one mentioned a thing.

Well, let's leave it up to you mini-Alienoids out there. Tell me how you'd finish off your favorite angle that was dropped and never mentioned again. If you can't think of any off the top of your head, just use either of the before mentioned angles. Let's hear it, I wanna see some creative juices flowing out there.:y: (Rep for all who play)

BigDaddyCool
04-16-2007, 09:42 PM
Stacey Kiebler hooked up with Kevin Nash, and they had sex even though she was pregant. Because if Nash is hungery, he'll eat. During the sex, his penis aborted the baby. The reason no one mentioned this on tv is because it would have been rude and censored. Plus, it ain't none of you god damn business.

Doc Brown
04-16-2007, 09:43 PM
A hilarious favourite of mine. Late Summer 96, WCW Tag Team Division.

Public Enemy & Harlem Heat, Going toe to toe, for several Straight weeks, i think the titles changed 3 times in 4 weeks. Leading up to and the night after Hog Wild.

Cruel history has the outsiders going on to win, because the NwO was so hot at the time.

I would have had it finish with the two team.

" what would happen next"

Would have been a rematch for the Tag Team Titles at war games, possibly Tag Team table match. The tag division wouldn't have been a squash joke for 6 months and i would have enjoyed nitro more.

BigDaddyCool
04-16-2007, 09:43 PM
Oh, and as for Booker T and the I remeber things, they were sent by RVD. He promptly smoked a bowl and forgot what he remebered something in the first place...so yeah.

The One
04-16-2007, 09:47 PM
A hilarious favourite of mine. Late Summer 96, WCW Tag Team Division.

Public Enemy & Harlem Heat, Going toe to toe, for several Straight weeks, i think the titles changed 3 times in 4 weeks. Leading up to and the night after Hog Wild.

Cruel history has the outsiders going on to win, because the NwO was so hot at the time.

I would have had it finish with the two team.

" what would happen next"

Would have been a rematch for the Tag Team Titles at war games, possibly Tag Team table match. The tag division wouldn't have been a squash joke for 6 months and i would have enjoyed nitro more.

And a big fuck you is on the way....

Wait for it...

Oh Fuck Off!

The Outsiders were fucking awesome beyond belief.

Doc Brown
04-16-2007, 09:49 PM

Wait for it...

Oh Fuck Off!

it's not that i didn't enjoy the outsiders my friend, for Scott Hall was fucking fantastic.

But i was just saying, it could have been a different story altogther

The One
04-16-2007, 10:05 PM
OK, but then also as a side note, it was more about angles that were dropped for no reason. That wasn't really an angle that was abandoned.

hb2k
04-17-2007, 08:34 PM
I can clear up things a little...

Stacy in the end revealed she was never pregnant and on one of the last Nitro's made her return with a pram, and pulled out, wrapped in an adorable blanket, a stack of 8x10s of Shawn Stasiak. This was the beginning of the world famous "Mecca of Manhood/Stacy" alliance. I don't know anymore than that, and I watched that Nitro.

The "I still remember" was, according to Meltzer, to lead to the return of Goldust leading a stable of Travis Bane (Tomko) and Seven (Kevin Thorn), but this may have been when Goldust punched his girlfriend and he got canned.

BUT I STILL DON'T KNOW WHO DROVE THE HUMMER~!

Goulet
04-17-2007, 11:02 PM
Who lifted the briefcase?

CSL
04-18-2007, 12:41 AM
<font color=white>The Booker Note:

Booker is eventually confronted in a segment by a man named David Duggan. Turns out he was an employee @ Wendy's when Booker robbed the place. Duggan, who has suffered years of mental abuse from nightmares and flashbacks, wants some revenge. Booker doesn't care, stating 'look where I am now' etc. Beatdown. Heel turn. Goes 'ghetto'.

Next week, David Duggan is in the arena. He gets to the GM Bischoff (can't remember who it was, I'll say Bisch) Says he wants retribution. GM doesn't care. In comes Duggan's uncle, Jim (Talk about coincidence!) Old Hacksaw demands a match with Booker, physically threatening Bisch. He agrees.

Match happens. As Hacksaw is close to victory, Nathan Jones runs in. He delivers a big boot to Hacksaw for a DQ. Beatdown. Booker gets on the mic. Announces they are the 'Armed Robbaz'.

"Get ready to put yo' hands up!"

Following week, Duggan vs. Jones. After a technical masterclass, Booker run in. Beatdown. DQ. Then:

"Buff...Daddy!"

Bagwell clears house. Bagwell motions for the mic. He botches it twice before Duggan holds it for him. Bagwell announces they are the 'New American Males' and that 'they will get revenge for Derrick'.

JR reminds the viewers his names is David Duggan.

Armed Robbaz bt. La Resistance for the tag titles in about 2 minutes.

Match is made for PPV. Armed Robbaz vs. New American Males.

At PPV, Bagwell turns heel on Duggan and a huge beatdown ensues. Jim Duggan is injured. David Duggan, in true WWE style, is forgotten about completely.

Booker announces on the mic that they are now the 'Armed Heat Robbers' with the induction of Buff. Most of the crowd are bewildered at the inside joke.

Next month or 2 is footage of Booker & Jones teaching a goofy acting Bagwell how to 'rob a joint' and Bagwell showing them how to make people be quiet.

If there was room for Katie Vick, there's room for this.

CSL
04-18-2007, 12:42 AM
<font color=white>I kinda went off on one there.

Not even I would read that.</font>

Skippord
04-18-2007, 02:08 AM

Wait for it...

Oh Fuck Off!

Public Enemy > Outsiders

:p

darkpower
04-18-2007, 06:48 AM
The "I Still Remember" thing would actually continue for a few weeks, with more clues given such as "I was the only one for you" and "You made me". Booker is freaked until he realizes who he is when he appears the next week...IT'S STEVIE RAY, HIS FORMER TAG PARTNER!! He wants to reform Harlem Heat in the WWE, and Booker, unsure if he should reform the group, they get thrown into a four way tag team title match at the PPV that was to come at that point (I think it was Armageddon) in which they win the titles. That would be the decision maker for Booker, and Harlem Heat is reformed. The meanings of the notes are then realized: "I still remember [HARLEM HEAT]", "I was the only [TAG TEAM PARTNER] for you", and "You made me [INTO THE STAR I COULD'VE BEEN TODAY IF I DIDN'T GET BURIED BY WCW AFTER OUR SPLIT]" (dunno if he was or not, just saying how he might read it as).

Dave Youell
04-18-2007, 09:21 AM
When Eugene turned heel, then face again, for no apparent reason.

That who Cactus Jack losing his memory thing, I know it was cleared up, but COME ON!

Who was running Gtv

Just Joe

Fake Kane came and went with no real explanation of why

PepperCarrotMan
04-18-2007, 10:52 AM
Fake Kane came and went with no real explanation of why

Um, Kane threw him out of the arena. I guess Fake Kane couldn't ever get back, yeah.

thedamndest
04-18-2007, 11:11 AM
No building re-entry.

CSL
04-18-2007, 11:19 AM
Who was running Gtv

<font color=white>Chuck Norris.</font>

XL
04-18-2007, 04:40 PM
Um, Kane threw him out of the arena. I guess Fake Kane couldn't ever get back, yeah.
Perhaps he was a vampire and couldn't enter cos he wasn't invited??:shifty:

Arnold HamNegger
04-18-2007, 04:57 PM
Ok, this was at no fault to the writers of WWE, but I would really love to have seen how the Pillman "XXX Files" finished off with Goldust and Terri Runnels.

Man I miss Pillman :'(

hb2k
04-18-2007, 05:21 PM
Terri was going to turn heel and join Pillman.

thedamndest
04-18-2007, 05:23 PM
Bob Backlund successfully ran for President and was elected in 2000, but when 9-11 happened Arnold Skaaland threw in the towel and Backlund resigned as President.

Jeritron
04-18-2007, 05:26 PM
The white hummer.
Somebody book that.

I kinda wanna book the GTV storyline, even though they copped out with it being Glen Ruth, just barely, I think.

A HHH-HBK fued in 99 wouldn't be bad, stemming from that explained yet un-tapped loose end of DX setting him up for a beating.

LoDownM
04-19-2007, 02:27 PM
Perhaps he was a vampire and couldn't enter cos he wasn't invited??:shifty:

Way to think RAW is Black Blood Brothers.

Kane Knight
04-19-2007, 06:13 PM
OK, so David Flair is gonna be the daddy and they're gonna get married, CURVE BALL, on the wedding day, we all find out he's not the father. David flips, begins assuming it's Buff Bagwell, the internet is running wild with who it's ultimately going to be (Ric Flair? Vince Russo? Was it Buff?).

Well, we know it wasn't Kanyon...

Doc Brown
04-20-2007, 10:44 AM
Speaking Of Kane,

I cannot remember if they ever explained it, but,

The Burns? When he took his mask off the first time, he had a horrible paint job on his face, signifying burns and he was a freak..

So...what the fuck happened?

Mental Scars? Figment of our imagination?

Someone, fill me in.

Pepsi Man
04-20-2007, 10:47 AM
Speaking Of Kane,

The Burns? When he took his mask off the first time, he had a horrible paint job on his face, signifying burns and he was a freak..

Someone, fill me in.
They did suddenly accuse the disfiguration of being "all in Kane's head", but did do a pretty piss-poor job on the whole thing, to be honest.

Doc Brown
04-20-2007, 11:04 AM
They did suddenly accuse the disfiguration of being "all in Kane's head", but did do a pretty piss-poor job on the whole thing, to be honest.

heh, well that sounds about right, thank you for clearing it up.

Theo Dious
04-20-2007, 12:25 PM
Speaking Of Kane,

Someone, fill me in.

This was my personal take on it.
When Kane joined WWF, he was still burnt over most of his body. His hair was fake though, part of the mask. He also needed the voice box. Over the next few years, Paul Bearer used Kane's WWF healthcare plan to have him treated for his burns (in much the same way that many Divas have had "growth spurts.") Extensive plastic surgery restored his appearance, as was shown by his costumes gradually revealing more and more of his body. He still, however, had serious emotional damage from being burned, and as his face took the longest to fix, he was very protective of it, feeling that as long as he could keep that covered, he would be okay. Intensive therapy also restored his speech. Had he been allowed another year of therapy, he could have removed his mask without fear, but HHH's interference caused him to remove it before he was ready, shattering much of the progress he had made (think about it, he had only just started showing the barest part of his face, and then only for utility of speech.) In prematurely exposing Kane to the world, HHH caused undue suffering to RVD, Shane and Linda McMahon, Matt Hardy, Lita, Shawn Michaels, and any number of people Kane has attacked since then.

Pepsi Man
04-20-2007, 12:30 PM
When Kane joined WWF, he was still burnt over most of his body. His hair was fake though, part of the mask. He also needed the voice box. Over the next few years, Paul Bearer used Kane's WWF healthcare plan to have him treated for his burns (in much the same way that many Divas have had "growth spurts.") Extensive plastic surgery restored his appearance, as was shown by his costumes gradually revealing more and more of his body. He still, however, had serious emotional damage from being burned, and as his face took the longest to fix, he was very protective of it, feeling that as long as he could keep that covered, he would be okay. Intensive therapy also restored his speech. Had he been allowed another year of therapy, he could have removed his mask without fear, but HHH's interference caused him to remove it before he was ready, shattering much of the progress he had made (think about it, he had only just started showing the barest part of his face, and then only for utility of speech.) In prematurely exposing Kane to the world, HHH caused undue suffering to RVD, Shane and Linda McMahon, Matt Hardy, Lita, Shawn Michaels, and any number of people Kane has attacked since then.
rofl @ Kane attaching the battery to Shane's balls.

Kane Knight
04-20-2007, 03:12 PM

Idiot. Everyone knows WWE uses an HMO. :roll:

St. Jimmy
04-20-2007, 04:12 PM
Nash broke the giants neck 2 more times, and LazyBomb'd hogan through Ted Turners board room table.

.44 Magdalene
04-20-2007, 05:14 PM
Yeah, the "horrible paint job" when Kane first took off the mask wasn't to signify the burns, I don't think. I think the black eye make up he wore under the mask was streaking...

Kane Knight
04-20-2007, 09:12 PM
Yeah, the "horrible paint job" when Kane first took off the mask wasn't to signify the burns, I don't think. I think the black eye make up he wore under the mask was streaking...

I agree. I honestly don't think they intended him to be burned when they did it.

People are just looking for a reason to bitch. It was actually a good plot until they made him look weak against the McMahons.

Pepsi Man
04-20-2007, 09:19 PM
The announcers always made reference to the burns, though, and when you COULD see any skin near his eyes, they always played it up, and of course, there was the "glass eye".