PDA

View Full Version : The end of a somewhat era *Smackdown Spoiler*

KingofOldSchool
04-17-2007, 03:59 PM
London and Kendrick dropped the titles to Deuce and Domino.

Jeritron
04-17-2007, 04:02 PM
all that build up...for this garbage. They better win them back. WWE needs to cash in on a Hardy Boys vs L&K fued

Rammsteinmad
04-17-2007, 04:09 PM
Shit! You're kidding right? Please let this be some joke, I'm fucking loving these guys at the moment. Fucking WWE. :mad:

Londoner
04-17-2007, 04:18 PM
Fuck that shit. D&D make me turn the channel over everytime.

Theo Dious
04-17-2007, 04:26 PM
WTF, since when can some guys not trade the title back and forth? I know a lot of people were high on their "longest tag title reign ever" and all, but come on, it's really a symptom of the tag division sucking that they had them so long. Title change=activity=good thing. And why the hell should they blow the load on L&K vs Hardys now??? Come on here, people.

Jeritron
04-17-2007, 04:27 PM
a title change doesn't mean the idea will never come to be. They could jump brands, they could come after their belts, they could win them back at any point in time, or they could save it for a later date. Who knows, this is hardly a nail in the coffin to anything to that effect.

Londoner
04-17-2007, 04:30 PM
I know, but cause of WWE's past history, i just fear the worst.

Mercury Bullet
04-17-2007, 04:30 PM
Oh...

My...

Fucking...

God...

Not so much at them dropping the titles, but on Smackdown and to "Team Double D Who Gives A Fuck?"

:mad: :mad: :mad:

:foc:

Jeritron
04-17-2007, 04:36 PM
you guys act as if the tag titles mean jackshit anyways. Oh well. L&K need a repackaging and/or a stronger push anyways because after a year those belts were doing little of anything for them anymore.

St. Jimmy
04-17-2007, 04:36 PM
LOL, SmackDown. You kids crack me up.

Kane Knight
04-17-2007, 04:44 PM
Is this part of that "new toy" thing?

DAMN iNATOR
04-17-2007, 05:32 PM
would've been nice to at least let them keep the belts till around the 1 year mark, maybe just long enough to beat Helms' reign as "Longest reigning champion in SmackDown! history" or whatever stupid footnote you'd find by his name in the books, but I digress...:-\

Mr. Nerfect
04-17-2007, 05:47 PM
Damn, quite a shame, this is. Hopefully the WWE has something planned, if not, London & Kendrick would be able to cut loose in TNA and ROH, where they have a better crack at being star attractions.

Deuce N' Domino winning the belts? I don't dislike the guys as much as everyone else, but they aren't the team that should have dethroned London & Kendrick. William Regal & Dave Taylor were more deserving. I hope this leads somewhere good for London & Kendrick, but...well, we know the WWE's track record.

Mr. Nerfect
04-17-2007, 05:47 PM
All those shiny pants for nothing. :(

SammyG
04-17-2007, 05:56 PM
lol Smackdown

KingofOldSchool
04-17-2007, 05:56 PM
you guys act as if the tag titles mean jackshit anyways. Oh well. L&K need a repackaging and/or a stronger push anyways because after a year those belts were doing little of anything for them anymore.

Yeah because they were really pushed for that year plus.

DAMN iNATOR
04-17-2007, 05:57 PM
All those shiny pants for nothing. :(

and the masks, don't forget the ":D /:( " (comedy/tragedy) masks.

Stickman
04-17-2007, 06:09 PM
lol Smackdown

Mr. Nerfect
04-17-2007, 06:13 PM
and the masks, don't forget the ":D /:( " (comedy/tragedy) masks.

I'm glad someone got the whole drama performance thing with the masks.

Mr. Nerfect
04-17-2007, 06:15 PM
Maybe, just maybe, London & Kendrick will find themselves feuding over the Cruiserweight Title? That would kick ass. These guys doing anything would kick-ass, really.

Crossrine
04-17-2007, 06:53 PM
Isnt Deuce or Domino, Jimmy Snuka's son? I forgot who..

DAMN iNATOR
04-17-2007, 08:06 PM

Go make friends with Michael Coleslaw. I’m sure the two of you would get along famously.

The Genius
04-17-2007, 10:29 PM
idol stevens and kc james >>>>> deuce and domino

Theo Dious
04-17-2007, 11:48 PM
I really love how WWE has conditioned us to think that losing the even more meaningless of the two tag titles = soon to be fired.

Juan
04-18-2007, 12:02 AM

Yup, Deuce, better known as Jimmy Snuka, Jr.

CSL
04-18-2007, 12:06 AM
would've been nice to at least let them keep the belts till around the 1 year mark, maybe just long enough to beat Helms' reign as "Longest reigning champion in SmackDown! history" or whatever stupid footnote you'd find by his name in the books, but I digress...:-\

<font color=white>Why would it be nice for London & Kendrick to have the footnote but not Helms?</font>

Shadow
04-18-2007, 12:10 AM
Damn....Weren't D and D jobbing in dark matches though?

Nervous Ferret
04-18-2007, 12:14 AM
What's smackDOWN!?

mike adamle
05-19-2013, 06:19 PM
It sucks they had D&D end the reigns as they never really did anything themselves.

Mr. Nerfect
05-19-2013, 06:30 PM
I was actually thinking about this the other day. London & Kendrick were really a shining spot on SmackDown and were featured in all the promotional material for it over here at the time (along with Gregory Helms, who was kicking ass as Cruiserweight Champion). Kendrick would go on to brighter things, but would eventually ruin it for himself; London wouldn't really come to much, but a lot of people say that he is to blame for that, too. London remains one of my all-time favourite workers. His No Mercy match against Billy Kidman in 2004 was amazing. London would try so many things to get over, but he was never more than that babyface who flipped around when the company would let him.

They were quite young during their WWE stints, and since then we have seen CM Punk and Daniel Bryan, two independent darlings often put in the same brackets as London and Kendrick were, rise to the main event level in the WWE. Do you think that if London or Kendrick were ever to return, past transgressions aside, the WWE would be more willing to use them appropriately? I don't mean make London the WWE Champion or anything, but I guess what I am asking is just how much of these guys "attitude problems" came from them, in their own minds, being overlooked and misused?

Mr. Nerfect
05-19-2013, 06:31 PM
I mean, let's look at the tag team division. Surely Epico & Primo vs. London & Kendrick is a tag team match that could pump up the crowd to kick off a set of tapings or even open a PPV.

mike adamle
05-19-2013, 06:38 PM
I wouldn't be very interested in that match at all.

Evil Vito
05-19-2013, 06:41 PM
<font color=goldenrod>I highly doubt either of them would ever return. Their shoot interviews were hilarious, and they seemed genuinely happy to not have to work with WWE's constraints anymore. They took an absolute shit on Vince during the shoots as well. Not to say they totally burned their bridges (to Vince, I don't believe bridges are ever burned if there's money to be made).

I love the guys, but I find it unlikely that there will be money to be made for them. They had a few good years on television, Londrick was a fantastic run, but that's about their ceiling. They're better off doing their own thing on the indies.</font>

Mr. Nerfect
05-19-2013, 06:43 PM
In my heart I know you are right, Vito. :(

I used to believe that there was genuine money to be made off these guys. No, not as the centerpoint of the entire company, or anything like that, but they had a clean look, had personality, could fly -- all they needed was a marketing machine around them to get some t-shirts moving.

SlickyTrickyDamon
05-19-2013, 06:46 PM
Please stop responding to dead threads like this. You are just encouraging them to flood the forum.

Mr. Nerfect
05-19-2013, 06:48 PM
Is it entirely inappropriate to discuss things like this? With Team Hell No having such an epic Tag Team Title reign, it makes sense to discuss other long title reigns.

Evil Vito
05-19-2013, 06:54 PM
In my heart I know you are right, Vito. :(

I used to believe that there was genuine money to be made off these guys. No, not as the centerpoint of the entire company, or anything like that, but they had a clean look, had personality, could fly -- all they needed was a marketing machine around them to get some t-shirts moving.

<font color=goldenrod>I knew they were fucked when they got drafted to Raw in 2007. Being drafted to Raw is often meant to be viewed as a promotion,but for years guys would be lost in the shuffle there. I figured Londrick would wind up not being used as much as they were on SmackDown, and that's exactly what happened before Kendrick went back to SmackDown the following year.

The SmackDown tag team division was starting to experience something of a resurgence in 2007. You had Londrick, Regal & Taylor who were obviously very experienced/always fun to watch, and Deuce n' Domino who weren't the best workers but I always marked for them because the gimmick was lovably ridiculous. Those three teams did some great stuff until mid 2007. Then Londrick and Regal went to Raw and the division went tits up.</font>

Mr. Nerfect
05-19-2013, 06:58 PM
That's right. If I remember correctly, the dirt sheets at the time said that Triple H wanted Regal on RAW so that he could get a push. And he did get an amazing one, but then got suspended for 60 days and the plug was pulled. Evil GM and King Regal was also fantastic. 2008 was a great time to be a wrestling fan for me. CM Punk had cashed in Money in the Bank and was World Heavyweight Champion, Regal had risen, The Brian Kendrick became one of my all-time favourite characters.

I loved how they had Londrick work a few matches with MNM and The Hardys towards the end of their run. Hearing Londrick talk about their psychology in the Ladder Match was refreshing -- they didn't believe in flying off the ladders for no reason; they wanted all the spots to revolve around them making legitimate grabs at the titles.

mike adamle
05-19-2013, 07:03 PM
Please stop responding to dead threads like this. You are just encouraging them to flood the forum.

Stop whining, it's relevant to tonight's tag team title match.

DAMN iNATOR
05-20-2013, 01:37 PM
It sucks they had D&D end the reigns as they never really did anything themselves.

WTF are you talking about, those guys were awesome. Sure they never got to have singles careers but that win got people talking about them.

Plus:
http://www.profightdb.com/img/wrestlers/thumbs-600/c1897b83c8cherry.jpg

Bad News Gertner
05-20-2013, 01:44 PM
Cherry was a lard ass

DAMN iNATOR
05-20-2013, 02:05 PM
Cherry was a lard ass

Can’t we at least agree that the ’50s rocked, though, even though probably < .1% of the people on this board were around then? I mean, come on, sitting around watching what little tv there was, listening to the radio and playing cards with your best friends from next door? Yes, sir! Count me in!

mike adamle
05-20-2013, 04:06 PM
Cherry was a lard ass

I remember one time Owenbrown told me via skype that he would eat the turds out of Cherry's lard asshole.

Mr. Nerfect
05-21-2013, 09:30 PM
I always liked how Cherry wasn't your typical Diva. Made her seem more accessible.