PDA

View Full Version : Wrestlers and Dope

IC Champion
04-18-2007, 01:09 PM
So yea I was sittin there smokin a nicely rolled joint, watchin RAW the other night and wonderin who in the WWE smokes weed, i thought of RVD and Randy Orton rightaway. Any one else you think likes to smoke one up before a show.

FourFifty
04-18-2007, 01:11 PM
......anyone in the WWE who wouldn't mind losing their fucking job?

The One
04-18-2007, 01:13 PM
They have access to pain killers, plus weed stays in your system too long. I'd bet most of them don't. Having said that, Jeff Hardy is probably hitting a bong right now.

IC Champion
04-18-2007, 01:15 PM
They have access to pain killers, plus weed stays in your system too long. I'd bet most of them don't. Having said that, Jeff Hardy is probably hitting a bong right now.
LOL, I forgot about him, and besides they got shit that helps flush it from your system, and do they even test for marijauna?

Theo Dious
04-18-2007, 01:19 PM
LOL, I forgot about him, and besides they got shit that helps flush it from your system

Rely on that shit and I guarantee you will be unemployed some day, young fool.

IC Champion
04-18-2007, 01:24 PM
Rely on that shit and I guarantee you will be unemployed some day, young fool.
I'm from Canada, and I'm not to worried about that in my line of work. But was was curious what is was like with testing in the States.

Jeritron
04-18-2007, 01:35 PM
Weed which is the most miniscule drug in terms of severity, is ironically the drug that stays in your system the longest. I think it's around thirty days.

Coke stays in your system for about 3, so unless you're a heavy coke user to get through the day you could probably slip past WWE's wellness policy easily considering it's probably not too harsh.

I'm not aware of how long other drugs stay in your system.

Loose Cannon
04-18-2007, 02:32 PM
you could start off the list with the WWE Writing team

Avenger
04-18-2007, 02:42 PM
lol

Stickman
04-18-2007, 02:46 PM
I'm from Canada, and I'm not to worried about that in my line of work. But was was curious what is was like with testing in the States.

It's not legal in Canada and places do piss tests.

Theo Dious
04-18-2007, 03:14 PM
It's not legal in Canada and places do piss tests.

I was wondering. I also wonder if his "line of work" has him living in his parents' basement and riding a bicycle with a messenger bag slung over his shoulder.

Mercury Bullet
04-18-2007, 03:26 PM
Last I heard the WWE does NOT test for marijuana unless it's a specific case and they have suspicions of it being used. Now obviously, there are people who are supicious of it but I dont think the WWE would really test them unless they started no-showing or horribly botching or there work was effected very negatively in some other way.

Theo Dious
04-18-2007, 03:31 PM
Last I heard the WWE does NOT test for marijuana unless it's a specific case and they have suspicions of it being used.

Vince: What is that smell?
Shane: I don't know, but RVD and Jeff Hardy just went that way, and Jeff had six bags of Oreos under his arm.

The One
04-18-2007, 03:31 PM
I wonder if Rob Van Dam was tested...or did WWE just go ahead and assume since a cop pulled him over and he reaked of pot as well as had some in his car he used it. :mad: Damn WWE assuming things!

Jeritron
04-18-2007, 03:41 PM
Coincidentally I was just reading a chapter in Foley's book, and it was about drug use in wrestling.

He says, suprisingly, in his time in WWE no wrestlers had openly talked or had he found evidence of steroid use, though he realizes a good portion probably are, and that with their knowledge, any test anounced or not is passable.

He also says that he has never in his time there witnessed or heard wrestlers talk about and hard drugs and that cocaine use is likely minimal, and assumes that anything higher than that is non-existant.

As for weed, he says theres a whole other thing. He says that, like society, not everyone uses or desire to use it. He also says that in his opinion, as well as mine, that weed has no real effects in his opinion, at least health and lifestyle wise that is damaging to a wrester or anybody rather than making them happy and mellow.
He himself says he doesn't see the harm in a wrester enjoying a joint in their hotel room after hours of flying/driving and/or a night of being thrown around a ring.

That doesn't answer the question at hand, but I wouldn't be suprised if guys you wouldn't expect to did, and guys you expect would didn't. Who knows.

Rammsteinmad
04-18-2007, 03:41 PM
Has RVD ever actually been seen on TV with anything? I don't recall ever seeing him (in WWE or ECW) with any drugs. The whole thing is probably a gimmick to get over with the degenerate fans of the 90's. I bet he's really as straight-edge as Punk.

The One
04-18-2007, 03:46 PM
Minus, you know, getting pulled over by a cop for driving while stoned with Sabu, but yeah, he probably never touches anything. :roll:

Mercury Bullet
04-18-2007, 03:49 PM
^ :rofl:

Jeritron
04-18-2007, 03:49 PM
Dude, you don't just appear at a public arena or on television with drugs.
Trust me, RVD has smoked weed for a good length of time and probably still does. Of course that was assumed based on appearance and perceived personality, as well as his gimmick and other tell tale signs, along with the references by other insiders.

But any assumptions became pure fact when he was arrested for having large amounts of marijuana, and stripped of his WWE title and push, as well as the release of video evidence.
Not to mention that appearing in front of fans on live television or in a major arena brandishing illegal substances wouldn't prove him as legitimate, but rather as a complete moron.

Rammsteinmad
04-18-2007, 03:51 PM
Minus, you know, getting pulled over by a cop for driving while stoned with Sabu, but yeah, he probably never touches anything. :roll:

Oh yeah. Wtf? That's only been mentioned a dozen times in this thread yet it still escaped my mind. :rofl:

Mercury Bullet
04-18-2007, 03:53 PM
Watch him and Punk pass a pipe around backstage for their next segment on ECW.

The One
04-18-2007, 03:54 PM
LOL, I still love ya Rammy!

The One
04-18-2007, 03:55 PM
Watch him and Punk pass a pipe around backstage for their next segment on ECW.

Nah, I'm still of the belief that Punk does Heroine, that weed shit just doesn't cover it for Mr. Straight Needle.

Jeritron
04-18-2007, 03:58 PM
What drugs did Road Dogg abuse?

Mercury Bullet
04-18-2007, 04:01 PM
Nah, I'm still of the belief that Punk does Heroine, that weed shit just doesn't cover it for Mr. Straight Needle.

Yeh, his stomach may be tattooed "Straight Edge" but his eyes are tattooed from heroine addiction.

Mercury Bullet
04-18-2007, 04:01 PM

All of them.

Okay i don't really know.

Jeritron
04-18-2007, 04:02 PM
I knew a kid who swore by being straight edge for years, and he's been in and out of rehab for coke.

Stickman
04-18-2007, 04:16 PM
I would love to see bong use on WWE television.

IC Champion
04-18-2007, 04:25 PM
I would love to see bong use on WWE television.

Theo Dious
04-18-2007, 04:47 PM

All of them.

At the same time.

Jeritron
04-18-2007, 04:52 PM
I was actually going to add "seriously, don't just say 'all of them' I really wanna know" to my original post since it was such a predictable quip, but I figured I didn't have to bother.

I was wrong.

Seriously, What drug(s) did Road Dogg abuse to cause his release from WWE?
(don't just say 'all of them')

Destor
04-18-2007, 05:00 PM
http://www.peaksofotterwinery.com/albums/logos/coke.jpg

Arnold HamNegger
04-18-2007, 05:25 PM
You could say that TNA is his "last straw."

:nono:

Destor
04-18-2007, 05:58 PM
lol

IC Champion
04-18-2007, 06:21 PM
lol

Jeritron
04-18-2007, 06:29 PM
Vince fired him for it. Dixie Carter hands him his small paycheck and tells him "now don't you go spending this all in one place"

Crossrine
04-18-2007, 06:55 PM
Of course RVD implied it in ECW. Remember RVD 4:20 (which is this friday)? "I just smoked your ass" couldnt be more obvious.

IC Champion
04-18-2007, 07:05 PM
Of course RVD implied it in ECW. Remember RVD 4:20 (which is this friday)? "I just smoked your ass" couldnt be more obvious.
That was classic.

04-18-2007, 07:27 PM
Pretty obvious that RVD lights it up, imo.

I sweat Orton has been on something on television before. I can't remember the RAW in particular, but I swear he was messed up on something, at least once.

PepperCarrotMan
04-18-2007, 07:31 PM

I sweat Orton has been on something on television before. I can't remember the RAW in particular, but I swear he was messed up on something, at least once.

He was high on Triple H.

FourFifty
04-18-2007, 10:43 PM

Nobody is perfect, so saying "He messed up once on TV" doesn't mean anything.

04-19-2007, 08:15 AM
I'm not judging...in fact, I really don't give a rat's ass. :P

Slow
04-19-2007, 02:10 PM
cena probably does, his eyes are always glazed over... although maybe thats just cuz he always gets his ass kicked? (man i wish that last part was true)

Theo Dious
04-19-2007, 02:11 PM
Cena puffs the chronic with his homies in the hood.
</>
</>
</>
</>
</>
</>
</>
</>
</>
God, I deserve to have my black status revoked for saying that. :nono:

Xero
04-19-2007, 02:13 PM
I knew Cena was gay, but I didn't know Kronik was gay.

:shifty:

IC Champion
04-19-2007, 02:16 PM
I knew Cena was gay, but I didn't know Kronik was gay.

:shifty:
I just thought they were a mediocre tag team, wonder if anything happened with them and Kanyon.

Kane Knight
04-19-2007, 02:20 PM
Nobody is perfect, so saying "He messed up once on TV" doesn't mean anything.

He was "was messed up" not like as in he screwed up a spot (near as I can tell).

Orton's looked totally glassed a few times, and it makes you wonder if he IS on something. And that, in ring, is ALWAYS bad, regardless of your personal life.

Me? long as it doesn't fuck with their work, I don't give a shit what they're on.

04-21-2007, 04:50 PM
He was "was messed up" not like as in he screwed up a spot (near as I can tell).

Orton's looked totally glassed a few times, and it makes you wonder if he IS on something. And that, in ring, is ALWAYS bad, regardless of your personal life.

Me? long as it doesn't fuck with their work, I don't give a shit what they're on.

Yep, pretty much what I was going for. He's definately looked glassed. And ditto on not giving a shit.

Kane Knight
04-21-2007, 10:21 PM
If Orton was on them onscreen, it might be a problem, though. He could seriously fuck up if he botched one of those rest holds....

...Nevermind.

Road Dogg, by the way...Wasn't he caught in posession of like pot AND Cocaine? And didn't we have a couple reports of him showing up to work drunk? Or maybe High?

It's that in-ring shit that bugs me. I mean, most drugs affect your judgement. Not the kind of thing you want happening when you're about to do stunt work.

Jeritron
04-21-2007, 10:24 PM
I remember hearing Road Dogg was showing up so fucked up on whatever that it was noticeable in his demeanor and specifically his in ring work.

I think the final straw was when he showed up to a show and on a live mic referred to the wrong city. That's a southwest airlines "wanna get away?" moment if there ever was one. The crowd clearly noticed and took exception to the guy not even knowing what city he was in.

Kane Knight
04-21-2007, 10:29 PM
I remember hearing Road Dogg was showing up so fucked up on whatever that it was noticeable in his demeanor and specifically his in ring work.

I think the final straw was when he showed up to a show and on a live mic referred to the wrong city. That's a southwest airlines "wanna get away?" moment if there ever was one. The crowd clearly noticed and took exception to the guy not even knowing what city he was in.

That would make such an awesome commercial, too.

It'd be better though, with the Rock fucking up.

Jeritron
04-21-2007, 10:32 PM
Rock: Finally, The Rock has come BACK to....

*crickets chirp*

Earl Hebner: Miami

Rock: .....MIAMI!

*crowd errupts anyways*