PDA

View Full Version : Nash for MVP

Instant Classic
04-20-2007, 01:31 AM
Arguably the most dominate player in the last three years in terms of controlling a game, and this year has been better then the last 2 seasons in stats and in play.

YOUR Hero
04-20-2007, 10:38 AM
I don't follow BasketBall, but I hope Nash (Canadian) wins the MVP again. Is he the favourite to do so, or has another player got the egde over him this year? AND is there pressure on the NBA to NOT vote him for MVP again?

Instant Classic
04-20-2007, 12:25 PM
Everyone and their mothers know that he deserves it, alot of them just dont like thinking about him in the catagory as Russell, Byrd and Chamberlain, who all did theres before expansion.

Instant Classic
04-20-2007, 12:27 PM
And the only team better then Nash's is Dallas, and Dirk isnt in the top ten in any of the major catagories, and his team is winning cause they've finally learned to play defence, so after Nash, Kobe would be the most deserving.

SammyG
04-20-2007, 12:50 PM
And the only team better then Nash's is Dallas, and Dirk isnt in the top ten in any of the major catagories, and his team is winning cause they've finally learned to play defence, so after Nash, Kobe would be the most deserving.

look at what you just said. only TEAM better than Nash's. Why the hell should a good player from a good team get MVP? Take Nash out of the Suns, they still make the playoffs. Take Dirk outta the Mavs, they still make the playoffs. Take Kobe out of the Lakers, we're looking at Durant or Oden. Kobe Bryant is the best basketball player alive, and deserves MVP once again. Will he get it? No, cuz people are retarded. But whatever.

Instant Classic
04-20-2007, 12:56 PM
look at what you just said. only TEAM better than Nash's. Why the hell should a good player from a good team get MVP? Take Nash out of the Suns, they still make the playoffs. Take Dirk outta the Mavs, they still make the playoffs. Take Kobe out of the Lakers, we're looking at Durant or Oden. Kobe Bryant is the best basketball player alive, and deserves MVP once again. Will he get it? No, cuz people are retarded. But whatever.
I see what your sayin, The Sun would be in the playoffs but in the bottom of the bracket, sure Kobes the best player alive, and averaged 40 ppg in a month, and went after 5 consecutive games with 50 or better, but the media hates him and Tim Duncan will get more votes then him.

SammyG
04-20-2007, 03:54 PM
Exactly. So you just admitted that Kobe is the real MVP. Kobe Bryant is the most valuable player to his team.

Instant Classic
04-20-2007, 04:09 PM
Yea, but Nash has out played him head to head, had played better all season, and is just the most dominate player in the entire league, so if I had to take Nash or Kobe, I take Nash.

SammyG
04-20-2007, 04:15 PM
how is the most dominate player?! He has insane assist numbers, cuz the rest of the suns can finish off the passes. Kobe passes to wide open people, and they miss open shots. Come on now. It's MOST VALUABLE PLAYER. The suns are good without nash. The Lakers are not. It's not even an argument.

Instant Classic
04-20-2007, 04:41 PM
The Suns werent going anywhere until Nash came to town, and Kobe might be the best player on the planet, but its not like free agents are lining up to play with him, the Lakers dont look like a team thats gonna win a championship again anytime soon. And that has to count for somethin

SammyG
04-20-2007, 04:46 PM
oh my god. the award is MOST VALUABLE PLAYER. You have not brought up a decent argument as to why Nash is more valuable than Kobe.

Instant Classic
04-20-2007, 04:52 PM
He wins basketball games for his team, and makes the people playing with him better, Kobe is definitly the most talented player in the NBA, but MVP. No

McLegend
04-21-2007, 11:29 AM
SammyG you do relize that the Lakers aren't even that good with Kobe Bryant right?

So Kobe is in fact not the MVP.

Kris P Lettus
04-21-2007, 11:36 AM

Stold my post..

Let it be noted though that I f'n hate Kobe..

Kris P Lettus
04-21-2007, 11:38 AM
Drew Brees should have gotten the NFL MVP..

LT is like Nash, while Brees is like Bryant..

CNM
04-21-2007, 03:09 PM

Yeah, that's BS. The Suns went 29-53 the year before Nash got to Phoenix. That team had Amare Stoudemire, Shawn Marion, Joe Johnson, and Leandro Barbosa. Nash took them from a terrible team to an NBA title contender. As for Kobe, is he the best player in the league? Maybe. Is he the MVP? No.

SammyG
04-21-2007, 03:17 PM
so you're telling me if Nash didnt play a year for PHX, The Suns would not make the playoffs? cuz that's BS. They would. easily. Marion, Amare, Barbosa, Bell are all good. Kobe is the real MVP. But if thre was a year that he shoulda won it it was last year. Since he didnt win it last year with those stats, no way he is getting it this year. Ridiculous.

CNM
04-21-2007, 03:23 PM
I just showed you a year where they didn't even come close to making the playoffs with pretty much the same core they have now. Are you telling me Raja Bell is the difference between winning 29 games and winning 45 games?

DaveWadding
04-21-2007, 03:28 PM
Both of you (meaning Instant Classic and StupidG) shut up. You're idiots. Both of you.

SammyG
04-21-2007, 03:56 PM
Wadding, shut the fuck up you fat pig. I know Kobe is not gonna win it. Dirk should over Nash though.

DaveWadding
04-21-2007, 05:56 PM
Whoa, chill out Alec Baldwin.

Instant Classic
04-21-2007, 06:12 PM
Fuck Dave Wadding

SammyG
04-21-2007, 06:28 PM
No, IC, Fuck you. I would much rather argue with Wadding than you, cuz he at least seems to know his Suns stuff. ur just a fucking moron.

YOUR Hero
04-21-2007, 07:58 PM
Whoa, chill out Alec Baldwin.

ahahaha :lol:

YOUR Hero
04-21-2007, 08:00 PM
Yeah, that's BS. The Suns went 29-53 the year before Nash got to Phoenix. That team had Amare Stoudemire, Shawn Marion, Joe Johnson, and Leandro Barbosa. Nash took them from a terrible team to an NBA title contender. As for Kobe, is he the best basketball player in the league? Maybe. He is the MVP? No.

So I take it you fell Nash will win it again? There's no movement to NOT give it to him a third time?

McLegend
04-21-2007, 08:01 PM
No he's not gonna win it again.

There is actually big movement against him winning it. Which I find ridiclious, but whatever.

Dirk is gonna win it this year.

alvarado52
04-21-2007, 08:23 PM

:y: my thoughts exactly. But people love to hate Kobe, and the Lakers for that matter.

SammyG
04-21-2007, 08:55 PM
Yup

McLegend
04-21-2007, 09:07 PM
The Lakers aren't even any good with Kobe Bryant.

So again he does not deserve the MVP.

SammyG
04-21-2007, 09:45 PM
That's unfair to say. we were HAMMERED with injuries this year. If you add every game that Laker players missed, it adds up to 282, or at least thats what I read on clublakers.com. Ridiculous. Odom was out like 37 games, Same with Luke, Kwame missed a shitload, Kobe missed 3, Mihm was out the whole year.

YOUR Hero
04-21-2007, 09:57 PM
The Lakers are a team 2 games above .500, Phoenix is 61-21. Based on that, I don't see how Kobe is more valuable to his team than Nash. I don't follow BBall, but still, I understand sports. Last year the Lakers finished at 45-37, they got worse this year. Phoenix improved. Sorry Kobe fans, I don't see it.

YOUR Hero
04-21-2007, 09:58 PM
That's unfair to say. we were HAMMERED with injuries this year. If you add every game that Laker players missed, it adds up to 282, or at least thats what I read on clublakers.com. Ridiculous. Odom was out like 37 games, Same with Luke, Kwame missed a shitload, Kobe missed 3, Mihm was out the whole year.

You are defeating your own argument. Kobe was there all year.

SammyG
04-21-2007, 10:08 PM
Come on, it was Kobe and no one else though pretty much. 1 man can not win ballgames by himself, althougrh he has done it before. Kobe is just ridiculous.

YOUR Hero
04-21-2007, 10:33 PM
Look at the Lakers the year after Shaq left. Look at the Heat after Shaq arrived. There are some stats that say one person can make a huge difference. Just like The Suns before and after Nash's arrival. Again showing that one person can make a huge difference.

It has always seemed to me, that Kobe was a "me first" kind of guy. There is no doubt he's really good. He doesn't bring team success with him. Very much like Vince Carter. Tons of talent, but brings nothing toward bringing a team together. That's the difference between a really good, even great player and an MVP.

Funky Fly
04-23-2007, 04:55 AM
Steve Nash has one intangible skill that Kobe doesn't: he makes the people around him play better.

Kobe's probably the best player there in terms of individual skill, but that doesn't make him more valuable if there's a guy who makes the whole team put up better numbers.