PDA

View Full Version : Get this...

The Diva
04-20-2007, 10:33 AM
My fiance's best friend gave us GOW since he was taking his 360 stuff back(needed the money/child support) and lost the wal-mart receipt for it. Never opened, let my bro borrow my 360 this weekend while we were at the beach and he's like"... this is fake" I was like what? and sure as shit, fake as hell! It was a fucking CD!(/blue back) didn't even have the xbox logo around the ring and shit.... that's fucked up. Some dick bought it, printed a fake label and returned it, son of a bitch :foc: .... but a good idea

Shaggy
04-20-2007, 10:54 AM
sorry...I had no other choice but to do it...

kidding of course

Yea shitty thing for that guy to do. Smart but very shitty

Kris P Lettus
04-20-2007, 10:57 AM
The only thing like this I've ever done is I had the 2 year warranty for my X-Box at Best Buy.. My little bro's X-Box broke so I uised my warranty to replace it.. I do not feel bad about it as Best Buy is a horrible horrible place..

Shaggy
04-20-2007, 05:52 PM
I was actually gonna to that with my xbox when it broke. But because of the whole barcode thing I wasnt able to do it...

Blitz
04-20-2007, 08:53 PM
lol nice.

El Fangel
04-20-2007, 09:52 PM
:lol: Thats pretty failure.

Kris P Lettus
04-20-2007, 10:44 PM
I was actually gonna to that with my xbox when it broke. But because of the whole barcode thing I wasnt able to do it...

I was afraid of that but they never scanned it or anything.. I gave them the broken x-box, the controller, and my receipt with $20 for a new 2 year warranty and they gave me a brand new X-box..

No questions asked..

Apocolyptik1
04-21-2007, 02:15 PM
I have helped my friends top swap ps2's back into walmart whenever we were trying to mod chip one on our own. We broke 2 trying to do the first one, 2 trips to 2 different supercenters in our town. 3rd one worked like a charm. That shit was awesome. You could get the burned game's from newsgroups 1 or 2 weeks before it even hit the shelves.

I have since not talked to one of the guys that helped us do it. He kinda fell of the scene with a meth habit.

That cd thing isnt really new. Except now, most stores wont let you return games for $. They usually just give you store credit.

Mercury Bullet
04-21-2007, 02:31 PM
I used to work in Guest Services at Target and you'd be suprised all the crazy shit people try to do to return this kind of stuff. As far as the games go, I know at Target (and most places now), you can't even return a game thats been opened even if something is legit wrong with it because of people like that. We didn't give store credit even, and we really weren't supposed to allow a direct exchange either (though I did most of the time because how would somebody be ripping anything off exchanging the game for another copy of the same game?)

Shaggy
04-21-2007, 04:17 PM
At work...if someone returns a game that is open they can only exchange it for the same game

Xero
04-21-2007, 05:11 PM
(though I did most of the time because how would somebody be ripping anything off exchanging the game for another copy of the same game?)
Put a fake disk with a label of that game in it, keep one for yourself, sell the other.

LoDownM
04-21-2007, 05:14 PM
Could so do this at Gamestop or EB, atleast here. None of them try to load up the games before they give you the cash/credit.

Mercury Bullet
04-21-2007, 05:16 PM
Put a fake disk with a label of that game in it, keep one for yourself, sell the other.

...Never thought of that one...damnit!

Oh well, for $7/hr not like I really gave a shit :)

The Genius
04-22-2007, 12:44 PM
Could so do this at Gamestop or EB, atleast here. None of them try to load up the games before they give you the cash/credit.
yeah but they take down your driver's license information and personal details when trading in games for cash or credit. i