PDA

View Full Version : Known fan injures in ECW...

Xero
04-21-2007, 03:36 PM
I'm watching Rise and Fall of ECW again and got to thinking about all the spots that endangered the crowd. The leaps, weapons flying out of the ring, etc. So I was wondering if there are any known cases where an ECW fan got more than a little bump or something.

In fact, I'll let this be expanded to any promotion.

CSL
04-21-2007, 03:57 PM
<font color=white>Eric Kulas :shifty:

And that kid that Abyss kicked in the face :D

Dunno about serious ones though.</font>

Dave Youell
04-21-2007, 04:50 PM
Is Eric Kulas Mass Transit?

There was that kid that got burned or something when Cactus and Funk were doing some spot involving fire, I remember that from Foley's book.

Think most of the fans were so loyal that they wouldn't sue anyway so we don't hear about all of them.

Heck if I could get to spend a night with the lockeroon just cos I got hit in the face? I'd be cool

Team Sheep
04-21-2007, 05:24 PM
I remember I think it was Vince, who managed to throw a walking stick at some person in the crowd before, and they got compensation off Vince for it. This was during the Zach Gowen feud.

Crossrine
04-21-2007, 09:21 PM
This morning I saw an RVD+Jerry Lynn vs Lance storm + Justin credible match where RVD missed a flying cross body on Justin and hit the guy sitting behind the barrier. If anything it's a souveiner.

Hanso Amore
04-22-2007, 12:13 AM
Buying a ticket to an ECW show was begging for that to happen. I wish I could have gotten hit :) It was all part of the atmosphere. I remember the Dudleys would nearly incite a riot every damn week. Someone was always getting nailed in the crowd.

Jordan
04-22-2007, 12:22 AM
I wish I could have been at the arena when the Dudleys came out, I have videos of just house shows where they would make the crowd go insane, I was like damn, these are some angry mother fuckers, somebody needs to tell them this shit is fake.

El Fangel
04-22-2007, 12:27 AM
:lol: At an Indy show a few people got pissed at a wrestler that spit on them or something, and got in the ring and floored his ass, security was in, in a few seconds but fuck it was funny.

FourFifty
04-22-2007, 12:36 AM
Didn't JBL sucker punch a fan after the fan threw his beer at him?

FourFifty
04-22-2007, 12:36 AM
I wish I could have been at the arena when the Dudleys came out, I have videos of just house shows where they would make the crowd go insane, I was like damn, these are some angry mother fuckers, somebody needs to tell them this shit is fake.

It's Still Real To Me, Damnit!

HeartBreakMan2k
04-22-2007, 12:46 AM
Went to many of ECW shows. They were all amazing. And yeah, ECW fans were very much loyal to the brand and it would have been shocking to see a fellow mutant sue.

Shaggy
04-22-2007, 01:14 AM
at a small indy promotion where I live...

A kid who had to be younger than ten years was standing behind the rope barrier watching the match when one wrestling irish whipped another wrestling into a shopping cart filled with weapons for a hardcore match. The sharping cart when flying and there happened to be just enough slack in the barrier rope that the cart went past the barrier mark and nailed the kid sending him flying back a foot or two.

People were laughing there ass of including the parents of the kid so I dont think any bad outcome came of the thing.

El Fangel
04-22-2007, 01:15 AM
:rofl:

Vastardikai
04-22-2007, 03:19 AM
I know of a kid in Augusta who suffered a broken arm I think it was at an ECW Show (it was a House Show in '99.) I believe it involved Spike Dudley and Mike Awesome. The kid wrestles in GA/SC as Josh Magnum now.

Dorkchop
04-22-2007, 11:26 PM
If I got hit, I'd only sue if I got injured. If it was just a bruise or a cut, I wouldn't mind as long as the company made sure and cared that I was ok.

Xero
04-22-2007, 11:31 PM
Heyman does say on the DVD that he was "Sued more times than Martha Stewart", which leads me to believe at least a few fans sued him.

Dorkchop
04-22-2007, 11:56 PM
I remember When Fozzy played on Raw, Ric Flair came out and smashed everything. Holding the neck of a guitar, he swung the it at a ringpost and the body flew off. I don't know for sure if it did hit anyone, but it looked like the body flew off when Flair hit it on the ringpost. There is a chance it stayed attatched to the strings, but I'm not too sure.

Can anyone give me more info on this? I didn't have a computer when this happened, so I never heard anything from it.

HeartBreakMan2k
04-23-2007, 12:03 AM
Heyman does say on the DVD that he was "Sued more times than Martha Stewart", which leads me to believe at least a few fans sued him.

He was sued for a lot of people's cars getting fucked tbh

KayfabeMan
04-24-2007, 11:22 AM
I've known a few people who've gotten hit at ECW events and never sued them. Often too. Thankfully it wasn't anything serious, but they always did check to see if they were OK.

KayfabeMan
04-24-2007, 11:22 AM
Like someone said above, if it were serious, I'd sue too.

Kane Knight
04-24-2007, 09:42 PM
Come on, what do you expect from a promotion with the warning "first 5 rows will lose teeth?"

KayfabeMan
04-25-2007, 02:21 AM
Come on, what do you expect from a promotion with the warning "first 5 rows will lose teeth?"

I'd expect the first 5 rows to actually have teeth.

:shifty:

Kane Knight
04-28-2007, 12:52 PM
Too Shay

BigDaddyCool
04-28-2007, 01:18 PM
Didn't JBL sucker punch a fan after the fan threw his beer at him?

JBL is god.

My Final Heaven
05-03-2007, 01:05 PM
On the Pillman DVD, they show him taunting a fan in ECW, and the kid throws something at him, so Brian just grabs him & starts swinging. Shane Douglas ran out to break it up. Don't know how legit it was tho.

KayfabeMan
05-03-2007, 10:18 PM
Pillman :)