PDA

View Full Version : THIS IS SO BIZARRE!

Xero
04-22-2007, 11:30 AM
Still watching Rise and Fall of ECW and it came upon one of the Dudleys segments, and to my surprise I see this:

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g122/sandman3g/Wrestling/omgwest.jpg

Shitty quality, I know. Anyway, my first thought is that I know this guy. Then I realized that he looks exactly like Don West. So is this Don West? Did he have some sort of security deal with ECW? Or was it just some guy who looks like him?

Xero
04-22-2007, 11:34 AM
On an unrelated note, ROFL, just read that he used to do the "Shop at Home Network". I remember watching that shit as a kid.

Avenger
04-22-2007, 12:24 PM
Might just be a guy that looks like him I think. Minus the goatee there isn't much of a resemblence.

Could be wrong though.

The Genius
04-22-2007, 12:28 PM
Xero, no shit, i have been thinking that ever since i started watching a bunch of old ECW matches on the blood sport and RVD DVDs. I figured it was coincidence since i believe don west had always worked for the home shopping network before coming to TNA.

Avenger
04-22-2007, 12:54 PM
Home Shopping Network EXTREMISSSSST

Xero
04-22-2007, 01:32 PM
My guess it's someone from Atlas security now that I think about it. It can't be West because even if he did it as a side job he lives in Nashville and not the North East (The SAH Network was based out of there too).

It would have been truly BIZARRE if it were him though.

KayfabeMan
04-24-2007, 11:17 AM
Yeah, it's one of the AS guys.

I remember them always having so much difficulty with people at the shows, and having the huge bins next to the doors that they'd toss shit into on the way into the shows when they were doing the pat downs / bag checks and such.

Once, I came straight to an ECW house show from doing a radio promotional spot with Tommy Dreamer and Francine earlier in the day. I hadn't had time to go back home, and had my bag with me with dozens of signed photos and shirts and such, and a large wrestling book that was signed by 200+ legends and everything.

Anyhow, I didn't want to leave the bag in the car, so I had to take it in with me to the show. Atlas security checks me at the door, notices the book and one of the guys is like, "You're not gonna throw that at the ring or anything, are you?" and I'm like, "Hell no, it's got over $3,000 worth of autographs in it" and he's like, "You're good, it's just that a few nights ago we let in some idiot with a Bible, and he chucked it at the ring."

So yeah, some guy threw a Bible into the freaking ring at ECW.

Pepsi Man
04-24-2007, 08:37 PM
Yeah, it's one of the AS guys.

I remember them always having so much difficulty with people at the shows, and having the huge bins next to the doors that they'd toss shit into on the way into the shows when they were doing the pat downs / bag checks and such.

Once, I came straight to an ECW house show from doing a radio promotional spot with Tommy Dreamer and Francine earlier in the day. I hadn't had time to go back home, and had my bag with me with dozens of signed photos and shirts and such, and a large wrestling book that was signed by 200+ legends and everything.

Anyhow, I didn't want to leave the bag in the car, so I had to take it in with me to the show. Atlas security checks me at the door, notices the book and one of the guys is like, "You're not gonna throw that at the ring or anything, are you?" and I'm like, "Hell no, it's got over $3,000 worth of autographs in it" and he's like, "You're good, it's just that a few nights ago we let in some idiot with a Bible, and he chucked it at the ring."

So yeah, some guy threw a Bible into the freaking ring at ECW.
Goes back to the days when wrestlers would take weapons from the fans. One of my favorites would have to be the time Cactus Jack used a Nintendo. :D